Author Topic: How to change the main menu background after installing GUI 2.0.7?  (Read 3896 times)

djkoopa

• View Profile
    • DJ Koopa Official Site
Hi all - been off the forums for a while seen as I've had a pretty hectic few months (and my laptop broke down on me so I lost all FFVII related stuff  :x), but I'm back to normality now and getting things up and running again.

Anyway, I've just installed TA's GUI v.2.0.7, and I am now trying to change the main menu background (buster_00), but I cannot get it to work. My own background was showing fine up until then. I tried overwriting the buster_00.PNG in the mod folder but no luck. I tried re-inserting a buster.tex file into the menu_us.lgp and then copying the background to the textures folder but no luck. I tried actually deleting the avalanche mod folder but it STILL shows the TA background. The only way I can get my background back is if I delete the mod path in the ff7_opengl config file. This seems crazy to me - I just cannot understand where it is pulling the image from!

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Turn off the cache.

djkoopa

• View Profile
    • DJ Koopa Official Site
Cache is off (assuming thats the "compress_textures = no" entry?) and the cache folder is empty (as is the mods folder - but the mod path is still set to avalanche). Same thing it's still showing the TA background. Where is it getting it from?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
The modpath