Author Topic: Adjusting Cait Sith & Vincent Starting Stats w/ Sources  (Read 2569 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
I've been trying to set up 'static' character stats that remain the same no matter what level and while I've been able to set up the stat-growth curves to do this, Cait Sith & Vincent's starting stats are very difficult to fine-tune because their initial stats aren't present in the kernel (or at least they're not shown in WallMarket; I think the only way they can actually be changed is in the .exe, but I'd like to avoid coupling the NT Mod with a mandatory .exe patch if possible).

I was wondering though if Sources used on Young Cloud and Sephiroth carry over onto Cait and Vincent? I'd be able to adjust their starting stats this way if that's the case; does anyone know if this happens, or do the sources used on Y. Cloud and Seph vanish when the game overwrites them with Cait & Vince?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Adjusting Cait Sith & Vincent Starting Stats w/ Sources
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-24 22:07:16 »
No, they're not in the kernel. They are in the exe as you surmised.

Sources? I have no idea. I would assume no, but it's been a long time since I looked. However, it wouldn't affect their end stats as stat growth is independent on source gains and the growth curves are much more an influence than starting stat.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: Adjusting Cait Sith & Vincent Starting Stats w/ Sources
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-25 07:07:09 »
Oh well; the idea was that I'd set the growth curves to 0 so they don't change at all. Which is fine if I can set initial stats, but those two characters aren't in the kernel so I was hoping to adjust them up with sources instead. I'll just try and get some custom curves as close as I can to the stats I was after. Thanks for the info.