Author Topic: Meshing your own characters...  (Read 3262 times)

Ken Murikumo

Meshing your own characters...
« on: 2008-06-05 05:45:01 »
Ok, I've read through quite a bit of threads and i have yet to find one that tells you how and/or what programs can modify FFVII .p files.
I want to find one that will modify them without having to convert them or go through some ridiculous song and dance to make them work.
And i will make this clear, i am a graphic renderer and am capable of using heavy programs so like a milkshape-esk program or plug in would be fine.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Re: Meshing your own characters...
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-05 10:56:06 »
In short.. There is none.

In long.. I can't be bothered coz I would have to make a huge song and dance about it lol. You basically have to figure out which character you want to modify, find out his heirachy set of files.
Extract them.
Just say you wanted to swap them with a deformable mesh, (well you can't make them deformable so...) you then have to cut up your model into corresponding pieces. I.e toe, heel, lower leg, upper leg, etc.. then using kimera you have to swap each of the pieces over, not to mention converting textures to work properly can be a major pain in the ass. Say your doing cloud, I tihnk his first texture starts at rtad, now i cant remember what part his body parts start at but lets just say it's rtai.
So you can only have 6 textures for his body and all of his weapons, if you wanted to replace them all. So you have to sort of squish as many texture files as you can onto one bitmap, which is hard because that means you have to re-texture map all the corresponding models so you have enough texture space to do his body and all the weapons you want to texture.
Then theres the converting proccess.
When in Pcreator you have to open each individual piece of his body your going to swap over, apply the texture flip the mapping accordingly, get the size right, then set the texture number. i.e rtad=0 rtae=1 rtaf=2 rtag=3 etc.

Then theres the fact that you have to properly align each piece of his body on the skeleton correctly so that when its animated you don't have random parts flying everywhere...

Now I remember why I stopped doing this...

Ken Murikumo

« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-07 08:51:31 »
ok then, what programs can i use to scale battle meshes to the appropriate size of th field meshes?

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-07 10:04:42 »
Cant you just open up kimera and resize the model saving it as .p field type part file? I think is better.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-07 10:47:39 »
Yeah I think you can.

Ken Murikumo

« Reply #5 on: 2008-06-09 02:15:35 »
Well Alright! Thanks