Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 557995 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul (v3.2)
« Reply #350 on: 2016-01-24 05:17:24 »
Sorry.  Life hasn't been so great for me lately, and I haven't had any time to work on the mods.

My old version of the Italian version was mostly lost, but I have the beginnings of the pack in the works... please bear with me.  Mi dispiace, amici.

RichterB

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2016-01-24 09:33:20 »
Sorry.  Life hasn't been so great for me lately, and I haven't had any time to work on the mods.

My old version of the Italian version was mostly lost, but I have the beginnings of the pack in the works... please bear with me.  Mi dispiace, amici.

This is not a problem :p I just wanted to have an update. Just that.

If it was easier, I might make it by my own.
Good luck for bad things happened.

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2016-02-12 20:28:44 »
The download links are dead. If you have the files, can you upload it to MEGA or something else?

defanual

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2016-02-13 15:15:08 »
First off thanks Mcindus for the Mods, hope life is better too!

Since the links site seems to be down here's links to the files I have for Jotaro or anyone else that needs them :mrgreen::

SeeD Reborn v3.2
http://www.filedropper.com/seedrebornv32

FF8 Controller Buttons (Controller Buttons for Xbox360)
http://www.filedropper.com/ff8cbxbox360

willblanko

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2016-02-17 23:09:18 »
First off thanks Mcindus for the Mods, hope life is better too!

Since the links site seems to be down here's links to the files I have for Jotaro or anyone else that needs them :mrgreen::

SeeD Reborn v3.2
http://www.filedropper.com/seedrebornv32

FF8 Controller Buttons (Controller Buttons for Xbox360)
http://www.filedropper.com/ff8cbxbox360

Man, link won't work.  :( :-\ :-( :cry:

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #355 on: 2016-02-21 05:06:18 »
Links are up again!!!!  Enjoy!  Let me know if everything works!

Raito89

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2016-02-28 00:30:47 »
First of big thanks Mr. Mcindus for all the awesome FF8 mods :D !!

i followed the tutorial , installed the french language pack & i'm using toneberry 2.04 enhanced , i've copied the hash1map.csv to directory "Final Fantasy VIII/toneberry/hashmap" without changing anything in the csv file.

Therefore i have an issue with font on the french menus and subtitles of the game that has some letters  that are modded but some are not :/  i kept deleting everything redoing the same steps again but nothing seems to change

here's some images to show how it looks in the game subtitles and menus missing font mods :

Edit : i found the issue comes from me i forgot to put the French toneberry 1.6 csv file "SeeDReborn_FR_hm.csv" in "Final Fantasy VIII\tonberry\hashmap"  sadly it wasn't mentionned in the steps for installing the language pack.
should add this step before PLAY put the appropriate Tonberry v1.6 Hashmap File for the language pack you choosed in \tonberry\hashmap :-D
Thanks again Mcindus for this awesome mod, i'll check out the other graphics mods :)
« Last Edit: 2016-02-28 02:35:27 by Raito89 »

vj88

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2016-06-03 20:06:50 »
Hey man! Great job! I would like to know if you need some help in order to release your italian version of the mod. I'm not familiar with tomberry or hashmaps (I learn quickly if needed) but I'm good with Photoshop if you want.
^ ^
Congratulations again, hold on!

RichterB

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2016-06-25 09:09:23 »
Hey man! Great job! I would like to know if you need some help in order to release your italian version of the mod. I'm not familiar with tomberry or hashmaps (I learn quickly if needed) but I'm good with Photoshop if you want.
^ ^
Congratulations again, hold on!

It's coming very soon. Just wait a few years.

robpolsen

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2016-09-29 22:01:36 »
Don't say that, even me waiting his mod, everyday i watch the site for it.
you have to understand him, he work also in other mods exc, he have to live his life, but for sure he will release it!

demanson

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2016-10-12 00:52:33 »
Mod looks great, I have a question tho is it possible to allow menu's and battle menu's to show more than 9999 hp?  So far only menu that is capable of showing it is the status menu.  All other menu's just cut off the first number so 12,500 hp shows 2500.  I know it was done in ff7 but modding for that game has advanced really far.

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2016-10-31 11:44:23 »
First of all i'd like to say THANK YOU for the great work on this and other mods.

Now, can i ask what's the status for the italian version of this? Would it be possible to have at least an "incomplete/early" version?
ie, a version containing only the polished menĂ¹ fonts, icons, characters/GFs avatars, battle text etc without the actual polish of all the dialogues (i suppose that's the part that is taking this much time).

But ofc i have no idea how the mod truly work, so i don't know if it's even possible to make this kind of "partial" mod (working with no problems). Just an idea.

Anyway, looking forward for news on this. And yet again, thank you for the awesome work.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #362 on: 2016-12-30 22:20:17 »
Now, can i ask what's the status for the italian version of this? Would it be possible to have at least an "incomplete/early" version?
ie, a version containing only the polished menĂ¹ fonts, icons, characters/GFs avatars, battle text etc without the actual polish of all the dialogues (i suppose that's the part that is taking this much time).

I want to finish this right away.  If anyone out there could help me with the Italian mod, I would greatly appreciate it.  I need someone to follow a very specific set of instructions for me and gather the files needed, but I need someone who's using the Italian version.

Also - I just put the finishing touches on a SeeDReborn v3.5 that should be available by tonight!
Just have a bit of last minute testing to do...

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2016-12-30 23:59:23 »
Oh man! Mcindus, you're the man!! I love all your mods, it's such a breath of fresh air using the new menus!  :-D

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2016-12-31 14:22:43 »
I want to finish this right away.  If anyone out there could help me with the Italian mod, I would greatly appreciate it.  I need someone to follow a very specific set of instructions for me and gather the files needed, but I need someone who's using the Italian version.

Also - I just put the finishing touches on a SeeDReborn v3.5 that should be available by tonight!
Just have a bit of last minute testing to do...

I have the Italian version and i am willing and able to give my help on the subject! Just tell me what you need.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul v3.5 *UPDATED*
« Reply #365 on: 2016-12-31 19:06:05 »
Updated the main post with a new updated SeeD Reborn!!!

Version 3.5 includes:
New text, boatloads of fixes, some new text effects, Double/Triple from Cerberus fixed, as well as a new skull icon for character 'death' and new 'low health' text.

So - for my birthday and for New Years, I give THIS to you! :D

Happy New Year, everyone!

This mod comes with the 'classic' version of the Xbox360 controller mod - look in the 'sy' folders for the proper files.  In the next week or two, I'll update the rest of the controller mods!

Post any glitches below pls.

[Other Language Packs TBA]
« Last Edit: 2016-12-31 19:08:03 by Mcindus »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2017-01-01 00:54:41 »
So far so good Mcindus! I am loving this new font, it's awesome! The new MISS text has never looked so fancy before  :lol:

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #367 on: 2017-01-01 03:32:11 »
So far so good Mcindus! I am loving this new font, it's awesome! The new MISS text has never looked so fancy before  :lol:

Thank you!!

I have the Italian version and i am willing and able to give my help on the subject! Just tell me what you need.

Do you have Steam or skype?  Could you pm me for more  information?

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2017-01-01 09:27:11 »
PM sent.

I'm posting here as well to let you know. Just in case you missed it

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2017-01-01 11:16:25 »
Beautiful thank you for 3.5 McIndus, and all your hard work! The New "Target" is beautiful.

One issue, I am noticing that the quotations are backwards for dialogue. The end quotation marks are at the beginning and the beginning kind are at the end, just something small I noticed so far.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-01 11:26:41 by olearyf2525 »

Girl next door

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2017-01-01 13:35:51 »
Great job ! :D

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2017-01-04 22:51:33 »
So, i was bored, and after reading about a thread that got closed recently i decided to mess a bit with the portraits:

Comparison with the original portraits
Spoiler: show

I'm not sure if i like these portraits over the originals. But hey, it's good to have options. So i'll leave these here for anyone who wants to use them (i haven't touched Seifer cause i like the original).
If you want to use these, you need to have SeeD Reborn. Grab and drop the 2 pictures from down here into \textures\fa\  folders (face_b00 and face_b01) and rename the pictures accordingly.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #372 on: 2017-01-05 06:32:51 »
So, i was bored, and after reading about a thread that got closed recently i decided to mess a bit with the portraits:

Comparison with the original portraits
Spoiler: show

I'm not sure if i like these portraits over the originals. But hey, it's good to have options. So i'll leave these here for anyone who wants to use them (i haven't touched Seifer cause i like the original).
If you want to use these, you need to have SeeD Reborn. Grab and drop the 2 pictures from down here into \textures\fa\  folders (face_b00 and face_b01) and rename the pictures accordingly.

Nice!! I understand that this is SeeDReborn dependent, but so are my controller button mods -- you really should make a release thread for this, considering it's your own mod.  :)  If you want to release it without making it dependent on seedreborn, make a .txt file, call it 'Avatars3D_hm.csv' or something like that (just make sure you have _hm.csv as the end of the file name) and place these codes in the hashmap:

face_b00_13,12373840744287225834
face_b01_13,11207991935878756332

Then name the files properly, make your own 'fa' folder, and then face_b00 and face_b01 folders and place the files.

Welcome to the modding community!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #373 on: 2017-01-05 06:35:31 »
Beautiful thank you for 3.5 McIndus, and all your hard work! The New "Target" is beautiful.

One issue, I am noticing that the quotations are backwards for dialogue. The end quotation marks are at the beginning and the beginning kind are at the end, just something small I noticed so far.

Aw crap.  Thanks for the find!!  I'll fix this by the weekend - just waiting to see if anyone finds any more glitches.

[[double post... derp]]

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2017-01-05 12:32:28 »
Thanks. Done that.