Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] BerryMapper- texture replacement for Tonberry mod (2014-12-15)  (Read 351623 times)

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8-steam] Character texture & model replacement
« Reply #100 on: 2014-12-03 17:31:47 »
Thank you Mortael for your work,
Feel free to use Berrymapper, as long as you refer to this main topic. Indeed you will be more free in your experiments if you create your own topic.  I will update this topic with everyone's hashcodes.

Mortael

• View Profile
Hi Mortael as a complete newb at this, I have already implemented Shunsq texture pack from the other topic and his updated hash codes via your work as of yesterday. I haven't tested this out in game yet but I should already have the textures/hashcodes right? Or have you updated with even more values?

Shunsq will have updated the hashmap with all the values anyway, so just keep referring to this page for updates on the hashmap! Of course, all the codes for Squall are in the objmap there for those who haven't already installed the textures or are unsure how to go about it.  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15668.0

Also, so far this mod only replaces Squall, yes- I am currently working on Quistis, and hopefully by the end of next week will have the texture completed and hashed. I have a feeling this will take a good amount of time, so bare with!

Here are some things I wish to also accomplish:

-Find a way to work on the world map textures
-Once completed the character models, work on objects such as the AI vehicles, trains etc.
-World map objects such as the Lunatic Pandora/Gardens/Ragnarok

I have a map texture to replace the original one as well.. Not sure if I can use it IG because I haven't asked for permission yet, and I haven't worked out how to get it working as of yet.

« Last Edit: 2014-12-03 19:42:39 by Mortael »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
That is fantastic! I think Devina has some map textures as well. I wish this will be able to be imported in the near future!

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I've tried this out. Works great. I decided to try it at end game. After beating Ultimecia for the final time, Squall's textures revert back to his original in the following scenes. Then after the scene with Matron, it uses the new textures again.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Okay, well I tried seeing if I could add the new textures myself. It appears I can get the new textures for the pants/outfit to show up, but... Everything else is...gone. I can keep the original body with the new outfit textures, though.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like I managed to find the right codes and fixed it. Seems to work fine, now.

I used these codes if needed:

sqpant_13,3304034731
sqhead_13,970511871
« Last Edit: 2014-12-05 06:17:20 by FatedCourage »

Mortael

• View Profile
I will update this hash codes in the pack- be sure to make a post on Shunsq's page/or message him the new codes so he can update his page as well :)

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
This mod works only with steam version?

Mortael

• View Profile
This mod works only with steam version?

For the time being, as it relies on Tonberry injecting the textures into the game. (There might be another way to physically replace the textures, since some of the files are compressed, so it will take time to figure out how to do that)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-05 19:48:27 by Mortael »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Ah, okay. Glad to be of assistance. Okay. I will do that.

Edit: Also, I did manage to find another set of hash codes needed for high poly Squall in the Deep Research Center. Why he needs to be high poly in this room, I have no idea.

Codes:

sqpant_13,4286578687
sqhead_13,836296191

Edit #2: Also, here are some low poly Squall codes for Ultimecia's Castle. Without all of them in place Squall gets kind of glitchy or the new textures don't show up in some areas. I've been everywhere else in the castle and with these, I don't see any other problems with Squall. But I'm also fairly new at this so don't hold me to it.

Codes:

sql_13,2126413311
sql_13,2126478847
sql_13,2147450367
sql_13,2147384831

And I'll post them on Shunsq's page, too.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-06 06:21:51 by FatedCourage »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Here are some more hash codes for you. They keep Squall's new textures at end game or else he reverts back for one scene.

sqpant_13,3304034731
sqhead_13,970511871

Edit: Hash codes for Deep Research Center for one room oddly enough-

sqpant_13,4286578687
sqhead_13,836296191

Also some low poly codes for Squall in Ultimecia's Castle.

sql_13,2126413311
sql_13,2126478847
sql_13,2147450367
sql_13,2147384831
« Last Edit: 2014-12-06 06:23:08 by FatedCourage »

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D

I have a map texture to replace the original one as well.. Not sure if I can use it IG because I haven't asked for permission yet, and I haven't worked out how to get it working as of yet.

Wow man, nice work. That world map texture would be amazing. Also replacing objects as you said would be pretty interesting, since towns like dollet looks like painted by a 3 year old kid. Seriously, I don't see why SE called this an HD version.

Congrats Mortael, this is pretty cool :)

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to mention, I'd actually replaced a world map texture some time ago, as I showed in this post:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15668.msg221332#msg221332
I don't exactly know what you mean with "Find a way to work on the world map textures" but if there's something I can do... just tell me ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-06 11:24:21 by JeMaCheHi »

Mortael

• View Profile
Guys, feel free to participate in this mod, teamwork will mean faster progress! Besides, I'm stuck with a little bit of work between now and next week, but I'll do my best, nearly finished with Quistis' textures, she's quite a difficult model to map the textures onto (whilst keeping high-definition)

Okay, so Fated- if you could work on finding hash codes, that would be amazing. Especially once I release the Quistis textures.

JeMaCheHi - HOW do you insert the world map textures in-game? Once I know how to do this, I can pretty much reskin anything world-related. I have a few good ideas of where to start too... *cough* BALAMB GARDEN. Textures are but a first step... Imagine what we could achieve with models as well? :3 ...But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we should focus on high-res-ifying the textures we've got ;) I was thinking of doing some basic things like grass/sky and oceans- the sky is pretty outdated!

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
JeMaCheHi - HOW do you insert the world map textures in-game? Once I know how to do this, I can pretty much reskin anything world-related. I have a few good ideas of where to start too... *cough* BALAMB GARDEN. Textures are but a first step... Imagine what we could achieve with models as well? :3 ...But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we should focus on high-res-ifying the textures we've got ;) I was thinking of doing some basic things like grass/sky and oceans- the sky is pretty outdated!

I just extracted with tonberry and hashed with Shunsq's berrymapper. I searched for Balamb Garden and Balamb Town (I guess you mean the crappy world map models) but didnt found anything at all. Maybe you should take a look at this thread:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13787.0

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I'm all for teamwork.  :) Okay, I will continue to do that. I look forward to using your Quistis. But quick question... Should I put the codes here or on Shunsq's page or both?

Update: Regarding that glitch at the SeeD ball, I was able to fix it. I removed one of your codes and replaced it with two others.

Code removed:

sqseedhead_13,3968939419

Codes added:

sqseedhead_13,2103987711
sqseedhead_13,2112376319

With these, I was able to keep Squall's head in the rooms where he changes and at the ball/after it with Quistis. And as you can see, Zell's head is glitch free. :D

The only problem I can think of is that since there are no new textures for the uniform, I can't truly test out everything to make sure it's 100% good to go. But I will do that when they are ready. Since I'm not using Deling, this is mostly just trial and error while I learn.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-07 04:32:11 by FatedCourage »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Question. In the original Zell picture, was Yagami able to get his outfit to work? I did manage to find a code to show Zell's entire model off. Head still works fine with the codes in place already.

Code: zebody_13,4250197849
« Last Edit: 2014-12-07 02:52:33 by FatedCourage »

Shunsq

• View Profile
Hi FatedCourage,
Thank you for your researches. I'm discussing with Mortael about merging (or not) our BerryMapper and Lionheart topics. I think you can continue posting your experiments in the Lionheart topic, until we agree about anything. I will copy the hashcodes in my list and notice people about any update.

Shunsq

• View Profile
Zebody and Squallseedhead updated.

K43SJ

• View Profile
last update:2014-12-07 : lost textures pants (textures old) of squall (in squall's room)

Yagami Light

• View Profile
Been messing with battle scene textures, if anyone wants to make a mountain texture that doesn't look out of place feel free, the top halfs of the battle chara textures are tied to the weapon, so I need to finish getting the rest of those in. Looking at the world map textures a lot of them keep getting hashed the same, and the ones I did manage to replace ended up making some of the world map original textures to disappear  so gotta wait till Omzy updates his algorithm.

Shunsq

• View Profile
Hello everyone,
Just to tell you that Mortael previous Lionheart topic was merged into this topic. Hope we'll continue to work together :lol:

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
You're welcome. And thank you. Ah... Okay. So, I'll be posting here from now on. Works for me! Also, I've tried the updated list and my Squall's pants revert back to old for some reason too. But when I use the list I've been working on myself (with the included codes for the other characters from your updated list), everything appears fine.

Here is my list if you need a look. Perhaps something is different? https://www.dropbox.com/s/78v5t4gp9wr8hg2/objmap.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: 2014-12-07 16:44:52 by FatedCourage »

Shunsq

• View Profile
Just rename all the textures sqbody_13.png instead of sqpant_13.png. You just have to match the name in the objmap with the actual texture name.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-07 17:02:28 by Shunsq »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
It did the trick. Oddly enough... I thought I did that the last time...but knowing me I probably didn't change the texture names.  :P

Edit: Also, here are some more high poly Zell codes...

zebody_13,4283948889
zehead_13,1991731711

Also, I'm not sure why having all the high poly characters with the new textures in the same room make the game slow down a bit. But I've noticed that on my end.

Edit #2: Here are more codes for Squall's high poly body. With these, his body won't revert back when he saves Rinoa at the sorceress parade or when he's in the area where he hands Irvine the rifle. Also one before Irvine delivers the shot.

sqbody_13,4215008853
sqbody_13,4286578559
sqbody_13,4282384221

Edit #3: I found codes needed for Squall when he is put up on the torture device in the prison. Apparently, the model with Squall's gunblade is used for it. It glitched at first until I found both codes. I assume one code is for blinking, which it seems to override and everything still works.

sqgunblade_13,1791651327
sqgunblade_13,1791716863
« Last Edit: 2014-12-08 08:25:05 by FatedCourage »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Okay... So I've ran into one texture problem with the gunblade and one question concerning high poly Squall. The first is simply this...
Not sure how to fix that.

And the other is that Squall's textures are in opposite spots (head being top corner, body being bottom corner) for another area under Garden. And I'm wondering what needs to be done to get those to work. The scene for it is extremely short. But I'm trying to get everything that I can done for Squall.

Halfer

• View Profile
Hello.

I've been lurking a long time in these forums and just now made account to interact with you modders a little bit.
Sorry in advance for off-topic post but I've been thinking if you guys could livestream your modding sessions so everyone interested in this would have an opportunity to watch and possibly give real-time hints about these graphical mods.
Also it would give a chance to newcomers/newbies (like me) a better insight of FF8 modding.