Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Bynyl's FF7 Complete Soundtrack Remake  (Read 48248 times)

GregOli

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Bynyl's FF7 Complete Soundtrack Remake
« Reply #50 on: 2019-09-21 02:23:19 »
Glad to see you're still at it. Keep'em coming!  ;D

Bynyl

• Vinyl sucks...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2019-11-22 18:23:19 »
I added a zip in the OP so that my soundtrack can be used within The Reunion mod.

Also new tracks soon, I haven't abandoned this! Just postponed it until work and other stuff stop getting in my way :P.

EDIT: I removed the link in the OP.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-07 00:59:46 by Bynyl »

Kade

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2020-02-08 02:52:37 »
Just made an account to say I'm loving this mod :) Nice work.

meeko

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2020-04-25 14:29:25 »
Just made an account to say I'm loving this mod :) Nice work.

Same here. Long time lurker whose been playing FFVII with mods for years. I'm always looking for high quality reinterpretations of the soundtrack that stay true to the original arrangements and emotional intentions, and this is easily the one of the top 3 fan remakes of the soundtrack I've ever come across. Can't wait for this to be finished!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 19:48:57 by meeko »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #54 on: 2020-04-26 02:11:04 »
wow...

i could sit at the chocobo farm all day... so relaxing...

keep up the great work

Bynyl

• Vinyl sucks...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2020-04-26 20:21:51 »
Thank you Kade, meeko and Orichalcon for the comments! :D

And sorry for taking so long. I still can't quite get to continue working on this, so don't expect an update anytime soon, but I haven't abandoned this ;)

greenflashlight

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2020-05-09 21:39:52 »
I stumbled upon this as I was looking for the ideal soundtrack replacement. This is it! As others have said, you've perfectly captured the essence of the original tracks while giving them a crisp new coat of paint.

Thanks for your work!

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2020-05-17 16:36:14 »
Finally, an OST mod that doesn't give me whiplash when an original track plays.  This manages to be both improved, and yet true enough to the original that its incomplete status isn't jarring and irritating.  Great job!

EDIT:  Okay, I'm having an odd issue.  I can't get this mod to work with Reunion, at all.

I tried installing it to "<basedir>/data/Music_ogg/".  Doesn't work.

Then I tried installing it to "<basedir>/Reunion/CUSTOM/<my_mod_id>" along with a couple other minor mods. Those mods work.  This mod still won't.  Um, what am i doing wrong?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-18 00:26:24 by Barachiel »

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #58 on: 2020-05-18 04:42:53 »
You're not doing anything wrong at all. Reunion just doesn't play well with nearly anything, sometimes even itself.

Bynyl

• Vinyl sucks...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2020-05-18 05:53:05 »
Thank you greenflashlight and Barachiel for your comments :D.

EDIT:  Okay, I'm having an odd issue.  I can't get this mod to work with Reunion, at all.

I tried installing it to "<basedir>/data/Music_ogg/".  Doesn't work.

Then I tried installing it to "<basedir>/Reunion/CUSTOM/<my_mod_id>" along with a couple other minor mods. Those mods work.  This mod still won't.  Um, what am i doing wrong?

Reunion has its own audio engine and uses the tracks inside the mod's GLOBAL folder. You need to change the names of my tracks and match them to the ones inside the correct folder in order for it to work ("ob.ogg" would be renamed "002 Bombing Mission.ogg" for example)

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2020-05-18 14:16:53 »
I was afraid of that. 

It doesn't matter.  Reunion kept having crashes while my 7th Heaven install doesn't.  I'll miss the improved translation but stability trumps all. 

Y'know, in all my digging through this forum this week, I found a post of the Reunion's author trashing the old version of 7th Heaven.  While I do have a vague recollection of it being a bit of a mess, and turning me off of FF7 modding at the time, I find it ironic that the new 7th Heaven is almost as user-friendly as Mod Organizer 2 (for Bethesda games), while Reunion is super unfriendly to anything not designed specifically for it. 

Rcarlucci

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2020-05-18 20:58:12 »
well youll get to enjoy all kinds of music when my mod goes public for beta.....one more week !

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #62 on: 2020-05-19 00:55:46 »
I was afraid of that. 

It doesn't matter.  Reunion kept having crashes while my 7th Heaven install doesn't.  I'll miss the improved translation but stability trumps all. 

Y'know, in all my digging through this forum this week, I found a post of the Reunion's author trashing the old version of 7th Heaven.  While I do have a vague recollection of it being a bit of a mess, and turning me off of FF7 modding at the time, I find it ironic that the new 7th Heaven is almost as user-friendly as Mod Organizer 2 (for Bethesda games), while Reunion is super unfriendly to anything not designed specifically for it.

tbh both reunion and 7th heaven have come a long way in a short amount of time, there was a time when 7th heaven was completely unsupported before the people working on it now took up the project, and reunion ro6f  is leaps and bounds ahead of when plain r06 was released ( probably because i helped beta test it  8-) )

but anyway, if you just unpack the .iro with ironite, the files are already named appropriately (or at least they were when i downloaded this mod) and then just stick em in Global>music or Custom/(your mod id)/music  mine is in the latter and i assure you if you do it right, it works
« Last Edit: 2020-05-19 00:58:49 by Orichalcon »

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2020-05-20 03:36:07 »
tbh both reunion and 7th heaven have come a long way in a short amount of time, there was a time when 7th heaven was completely unsupported before the people working on it now took up the project, and reunion ro6f  is leaps and bounds ahead of when plain r06 was released ( probably because i helped beta test it  8-) )

but anyway, if you just unpack the .iro with ironite, the files are already named appropriately (or at least they were when i downloaded this mod) and then just stick em in Global>music or Custom/(your mod id)/music  mine is in the latter and i assure you if you do it right, it works

I tried installing it again, using IroNite, and putting it in my Custom/Music folder.  It does not work. 

EDIT:  I did as Bynyl advised, and renamed them to match the files in the BASE\Music directory, the installed them to my Custom directory.  That works.  I zipped and backed it up so I wouldn't have to do that again.  I'd be happy to share it if Bynyl approves. 
« Last Edit: 2020-05-20 04:27:52 by Barachiel »

Bynyl

• Vinyl sucks...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2020-05-22 03:54:18 »
Sure, I don't mind.

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2020-05-25 21:15:43 »
Whoops, I didn't see your reply!  Here's your soundtrack mod, with names changed to work with Reunion 06. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bt5VbMzpIGkuK-nXY2uAwJXcM7zEoMxr

Installation Instructions
===================

- Extract files to "<FF7 Install Directory>\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\<YourCustomFolderName>\Music". 
- Make sure to enable your custom folder in the reunion config file. 

Bynyl

• Vinyl sucks...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2020-11-07 20:14:03 »
So I'm making a post to this dead thread to let you all know it's.... gonna remain dead for a while.... yeah... I don't really know when I'm ever gonna finish this honestly but for now this will remain in the current state for the foreseeable future. There has been some shit I've been dealing with for a long time (over 5 years) that kind of exploded due to the unfortunate circumstances we have all been dealing with lately; and as much as I want to finish this, my anxiety and depression simply won't let me... I've been getting help and have been getting medication since May of the current year and I'm slowly fixing myself up - so I'm gonna be dedicating my time to getting better and hopefully later on I will be able to return and finish this, cuz i really do want to finish this. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback and a lot of nice comments for my work that I really, reeeally did not expect and that am very grateful for. So if there is anyone there that's waiting for me to finish this; please have patience and thank you so much for liking my stuff.

That's it for me. Again, a sincere thanks to everybody who supported, helped, and gave their time to check my stuff out.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #67 on: 2020-11-07 22:42:19 »
So if there is anyone there that's waiting for me to finish this

*raises hand*

i have several complete music packs downloaded, and your incomplete one, and i've made a custom music folder by choosing what tracks i like best

and my custom music folder STILL has more tracks from your mod than any other, thanks dude

i have found its virtually impossible to force yourself into modding like a chore, cuz deep down you know its not something that NEEDS to get done

so dont worry, be happy  :lol:

when i come home from a stressful event and i know i'm gonna play some FF7, i still go straight to the chocobo farm and listen to your chocobo track while i kill my sobriety and ease my own stress with that relaxing af track  :-P
« Last Edit: 2020-11-07 22:46:13 by -Ori »

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2020-11-10 08:49:14 »
We will wait for you :) I am also a big fan of your pack.
But your health is the most important. Take good care of you.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2020-11-10 12:40:32 »
only just noticed this, I havent tried it out yet, but nice work.

Drudicta

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2020-12-03 16:26:03 »
I made an account just specifically to tell you how amazing this is. The music you've remade so far sounds like a literal official remaster of the original music. Thank you!

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2021-03-05 14:19:59 »
I have also enjoyed what I could hear in this remaster of the original soundtrack.

Thanks for sharing!

MushiMinion

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2021-03-22 05:16:27 »
Wow! Those samples are incredible. I appreciate how you didn't deviate too much from the original soundtrack. Will definitely use this once it's complete.

Grumpy_Edge

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2021-03-30 17:38:39 »
How have I only just found this?
Listening to the Prelude gave me goosebumps like I was playing the game again for the first time.
Incredible work, I wish you good health and maybe someday we will see this finished

Bynyl

• Vinyl sucks...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2021-04-23 06:42:47 »
Not yet done; but close :P. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15t9d8LniMn5-IUWm-LhZ07wh7AqBzGKD/view?usp=sharing

And Ori, Luigi Brosse, Chrysalis, Drudicta, Salk, MushiMinion and Grumpy_Edge, a sincere thank you for the kind words :)