Author Topic: Installing new translation mod?  (Read 4992 times)

Feignfeign

• View Profile
Installing new translation mod?
« on: 2020-04-23 22:05:51 »
I just installed the remako mod and number of others using 7th heaven 2.0 and it is working great! I am hoping to also start this new session with a fan translation. I dont see a translation mod in any of the mod files listed in the program. I have not had much luck finding .iro files for something like Beacause fan translation project neither. Is the fan translation already a part of one of the official mod packages? I would think this is a frequently requested thing

rinaldus

• View Profile
Re: Installing new translation mod?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-25 16:08:30 »
It looks like it's not possible to get an up to date retranslation working with 7th Heaven. It looks like DLPM(the guy who is working on the translation), wrapped his translation (Beacause) into his massive game overhaul mod called Reunion. And with Reunion being incompatible with the 7th Heaven mod manager, it looks as though you can't use 7th Heaven with the retranslation. You have to use all of Reunion or none of it.

Now there is a iro of an older version of the Beacause retranslation (ro3e, current version is ro6) that iIS compatible with 7th Heaven. But how much that translation has been updated from ro3e to ro6, I couldn't say.

Right now, on a personal level, I'm replaying the game with New Threat, Ninostyle models, and Satsuki/Team Avalance Fields. And hopefully by the time I finish and want to replay the game again, someone will have ported and iro version of Beacause to 7th Heaven. Until then, I guess we just gotta wait. Or use Reunion completely.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-25 21:47:33 »
And hopefully by the time I finish and want to replay the game again, someone will have ported and iro version of Beacause to 7th Heaven.
Not going to happen, at least not by anyone involved with 7H.

rinaldus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-26 02:49:16 »
I'm not totally familiar with how the splitting of labor and general structure works around here. Couldn't someone not part of 7th Heaven make a Beacause iro compatible with the mod manager? Like take the time to take each piece of script and insert it into the game that's not so reliant on the whole of Reunion?

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-26 04:37:56 »
Read this rinaldus: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19586.0
It's not because no one can, it's that no one that is a part of the 7th Heaven crew, or Reunion crew will do it. Reunion's creator does not want any of his work made into an IRO for 7th Heaven, Reunion is it's own mod installer as well, so your best bet if you want Beacause is to figure out how to install the other mods you want in Reunion.

rinaldus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-26 07:28:46 »
I've read that. And I get that 7H and Reunion aren't interested in working with each other at the moment. But would it be possible for a third party to just take all of DLPM's translation–sacrilegious as such a thing would be as it equates to theft–and make some custom mod/iro that works with the 7th Heaven Mod Manager? I know it's kinda looked down to talk about this stuff, but I ask purely outta curiosity.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-04-26 16:36:36 »
I've read that. And I get that 7H and Reunion aren't interested in working with each other at the moment. But would it be possible for a third party to just take all of DLPM's translation–sacrilegious as such a thing would be as it equates to theft–and make some custom mod/iro that works with the 7th Heaven Mod Manager? I know it's kinda looked down to talk about this stuff, but I ask purely outta curiosity.
It's not an "at the moment" sort of thing, nor is it that we've got some kind of animosity towards each other... they're just completely different frameworks that are totally incompatible with each other.  Could someone tear apart Reunion to make a 7H IRO pack?  Don't hold your breath.  As noted in the thread we've referenced, Reunion does a LOT more than just fix the translation.  DLPB has fixed a number of other "original to the game" bugs and reworked a significant portion of the sound engine, so it's not as if someone can just do a direct comparison and copy them all over.

rinaldus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-04-29 13:16:10 »
Ah, you're gonna have to excuse my ignorance, as I'm completely lacking in knowledge when it comes to modding. I've never built a mod, let alone one for FFVII. Nor have I parsed through the data files of the game or reunion's files to see how complex it is.

As an outsider, I thought that ultimately all Beacause is at the end of the day is new text, so I had thought maybe it would be theoretically possible to copy and paste line by line DLPM's translation and build a 7H compatible iro with it from the ground up. Though I imagine doing so would justifiably bring about some animosity towards the individual who tried to do that.

But my curiosity stands, and I do wonder if it's possible. And if anyone would be able to stop you if you tried.

rinaldus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-04-29 14:52:39 »
Ah, well if you're against it then I understand. Never mind the question.