Author Topic: [Vincent Mod] "The way of Vincent" (Project)  (Read 8314 times)

knight1120

[Vincent Mod] "The way of Vincent" (Project)
« on: 2009-05-28 13:06:23 »

Changes:
  - Cloud replace with vincent (vice versa)

- and vincent replaces cloud (vice versa)

ill post some screenshots soon....  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
Re: [Vincent Mod] "The way of Vincent" (Project)
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-28 14:07:34 »
Wow.  Awesome! :-D

Although Vincent is a cool character and everything, won't it make things slightly complicated in the battle against Rufus and Dark Nation if he goes into Limit Break (especially if this is combined with a "hardcore" mod)?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-28 16:31:29 »
Although Vincent is a cool character and everything, won't it make things slightly complicated in the battle against Rufus and Dark Nation if he goes into Limit Break (especially if this is combined with a "hardcore" mod)?

This is a particularly great concern, because in FF7 there is no way to use a normal physical attack (at that point in the game) when the limit bar is full; once that happens, the player will be limited to magic/items or using the limit break and losing control for several turns.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-28 16:59:47 »
- Cloud replace with vincent (vice versa)
- and vincent replaces cloud (vice versa)

This is a bit redundant. :)

This is a particularly great concern, because in FF7 there is no way to use a normal physical attack (at that point in the game) when the limit bar is full; once that happens, the player will be limited to magic/items or using the limit break and losing control for several turns.

I don't see this as being that big a deal. If the player is playing a hardcore mod they'll likely get all their magic use out in the beginning or know to prepare for this possibility. Otherwise, the limit breaks could kill Rufus and Dark Nation without much thought. It'd just make the battle less climatic.

poptdp

« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-13 18:21:59 »
is this done yet? i hav been waiting 4 a vincent mod 4 aaaages! he is the best character hands down...
will this also replace all of cloud's findable weapons with vincent's? to make more sense? e.g. instead of finding the force stealer (one of cloud's weapons) you find the shotgun (one of vincent's weapons) at that point of the game?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-13 18:33:04 »
I think that (like with many other big projects that get started here :roll:) the OP gave up. I mean, he isn't even here any more... :cry:

Looks like you'll have to make the mod yourself; it shouldn't really be that hard if you read the character model swapping threads.

poptdp

« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-14 13:35:00 »
lol that sucks... it sounded like an awesome idea... thanks anywayz dude