Author Topic: PS3 Emulator  (Read 8754 times)

meesbaker

• View Profile
PS3 Emulator
« on: 2013-10-07 15:24:17 »
Usually Id say we need to wait for another 10 years before hardware could emulate a hd console especially the ps3 with its creepy cell engine but how about that:

http://playstation3emulator.net/

It seems to be real, Ive seen a lot of utube videos about that recently and people commenting it works and is even playable. All fake?
Regarding the technical aspect this should not be possible, how do you explain the programming? Is the cell closer to pc hardware than we might think? Can better programming compensate the extra hardware power needed to emulate a system? My 2x 3.4 GHZ Intel Duo and HD 5850 handle upscaled  and filtered full hd ffx on highest quality settings but not gt4....Cant imagine they run gt5 however the system requirements mentioned on the site are far lower than that.

What do you think ?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 Emulator
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-07 15:33:03 »
This has been around for a while, and it's totally fake. It asks for a bios, and then directs you to a bunch of endless surveys. No actual emulator in here.

There is an actual PS3 emulator, but it won't play commercial games at all, just some homebrew.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-07 18:07:18 »
and this is the newest and greatest psp emulator out, runs games real smooth:
http://www.ppsspp.org/

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 2013-10-07 18:14:16 »
PSP has nothing to do with PS3

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-10-07 18:41:26 »
Justt putting it out there xD never heard of this one before maybe other people haven't too..

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-10-07 18:51:24 »
Yeah, PPSSPP is actually very good. As far as I can tell, in just under a year, it's already far surpassed JPCSP as the best PSP emulator (even though JPCSP is still in active development). It's faster, runs on more platforms, and more accurate all at once.

That said, the current release version has text issues on Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection, so if you want that game in particular, you'd be better off with the latest automated build (or building yourself, if you're so inclined).

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-10-07 19:39:20 »
Well I assumed that there could not be any working ps3 emulator yet. Seems someone takes the time to make up 100s of fake accounts to comment his own video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yPmo-raN6Y

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 2013-10-07 19:42:04 »
Well I assumed that there could not be any working ps3 emulator yet. Seems someone takes the time to make up 100s of fake accounts to comment his own video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yPmo-raN6Y

its called spambots.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-10-07 20:15:10 »
Not all are really spambots there are no comments saying 'fake' or 'virus' etc on that vid because the comments are held for uploaders approval so he deletes all comments saying virus etc fooling lots of people or maybe it does work for abit then crashes? dunno.. don't trust youtube vids providing links in desc with approved comments or like/dislikes disabled :P
« Last Edit: 2013-10-07 20:17:10 by e1sunz »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #9 on: 2013-10-13 17:44:41 »
Not all are really spambots there are no comments saying 'fake' or 'virus' etc on that vid because the comments are held for uploaders approval so he deletes all comments saying virus etc fooling lots of people or maybe it does work for abit then crashes? dunno.. don't trust youtube vids providing links in desc with approved comments or like/dislikes disabled :P

Or even enabled. I've seen links from vids claiming to have "free" or "survey-free" downloads which clearly were lies. If they wanted to host something free they should put it somewhere that is actually free.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-10-14 15:36:21 »
Vid has been taken down anyway.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-10-14 22:08:41 »
True ^^ What an idiot!
Seriously where is the sense in putting up a fake emulator? Can you really make money with some noobs downloading a fake emu from a trashy homepage and noticing it is useless like 5 minutes later?

Or just a more advanced and global form of trolling ? :D

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-10-14 22:19:27 »
Viruses.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-10-14 22:41:51 »
Viruses.

Not just that but ads, if they used them.  The bottom line is, if you know anything about computers, you know a PS3 emulator (that plays commercial games at any kind of decent speed) will take a long time to come out, and it won't be any time soon, if ever.  The problem people have is in believing that because the SNES, Genesis, Playstation, DS, N64 and so on were relatively quick in development, that this automatically means every console will be.

And it simply isn't the case.

If you are ignorant of what goes on in emulation, then it is easy to think it should be possible "within 3 years".

10 years ago, I would have probably thought the same.

edit.  From what I am reading, the "emulator" when downloaded actually directs you to numerous survey sites with the promise of a download link that never materializes.  As would be expected.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-15 00:11:10 by DLPB »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: 2013-10-15 20:08:51 »
I honestly don't think a PS3 emulator would ever be feasible - it's a moderately popular platform in the sunset of its lifecycle. The work involved would probably never be justifiable.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-10-15 21:26:08 »
Emulators are better suited for older consoles that either
1. can use some graphical and sound enhancements (such as N64 or Gamecube)
or
2. can be obtained much easier as opposed to searching (such as, say, original Gameboy games, PS1 games, etc)