Author Topic: field input mechanics  (Read 4314 times)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
field input mechanics
« on: 2011-02-08 17:51:00 »
Currently I'm trying to get my work going on the fields/areas in FF7. With the PC version I'm mainly using meteor. Extracting and trying to repackage fields. Currently I'm looking into changing field graphics and area to match what we want. In this case, I'm combining Yuffies two trap areas so that both her recruitment and the wutai materia steal event take place in the same area map. Then I'm using the now spared map as an anchor point to add a new field. I haven't gotten on that part yet. What I have so far is,
changed materia steal event to change over to yuffies recruitment map. So far I've gotten yuffie + Clouds team to show up and begin script for materia steal event. However it freezes when it comes to the MP's showing up.
My only guess is that the somewhere the script is broken or the MP models don't exist for this field map. Does anyone have any thoughts to spark other ideas of what could be happening?
====================
Edit:
On a side note I'm kinda looking at some of the triggers on the maps for changes. I've looked at the triggers for the repeat loop in forest after bone village and the trigger to get the blizzard map deal in the mountains. It looks like I might be able to reuse debug room maps and replace them with something umm... village like. No height changes or stairs but open portal doors is what I've fiddle with so far. Can't seem to get graphic layering right but I've managed to put blocky graphics in for building representations.

Again like the NPC/Character model edits, it may not be possible to add new stuff, but I can change some of the scripting, edit the background, and replace stuff.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-08 19:28:55 by Furzball »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: field input mechanics
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-08 21:34:19 »
I would LOVE to help that! Of course, some can tell me to get back to my other works, but what I'll answer is : FF8 Patch and so will have to wait, as kernel/scene mods are still in progress.

/off topic

Yes, this is very cool ;D Could you add me in msn at [email protected] because of all we could talk about, this would spam your topic ^^

For some script, I have gotten my hand on it, I could easily help you. This is an awesome project ;D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-08 22:33:20 »
Furzball, can you post the code you've written/copypasted? In code tags, obviously. That would make it a lot easier for us to see what you're doing.

At the moment, I can't help but wonder whether you've only done about half the things needed for the event to go smoothly. Is there, for example, any script telling the MPs what to do?

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-09 01:14:16 »
The only parts that I overwrote were not the code itself but the field image and pathing. I left the scene script in there.  Right now posting from work so You'll have to wait till tomorrow on me popping open the code.
@Vgr: just send me a PM. But just like anyone else I'm buttheading through this with what I know and some of it has been happy accident.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm taking over
« Reply #4 on: 2011-02-14 00:31:50 »
Since Furzball is banned and therefore can't post his work here, I'm taking over this project.

In practice, this will mean that you will probably see roughly the same amount of progress as you would have done had I not bothered, owing to my laziness.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-14 00:51:54 »
IIRC Makou Reactor is far more superior to Meteor

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-02-14 00:53:58 »
That's what I plan on using; I hated Meteor.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-02-14 00:54:43 »
Makou Reactor cannot edit walkmesh and other things like that. To be honest, I use both. Meteor isn't that bad IMO.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-02-14 00:56:04 »
Makou Reactor cannot edit walkmesh and other things like that.

Ah, that's a shame. It would be nice to have a user-friendly field editing program that did everything.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-02-14 04:15:38 »
The point is, by all means, I like Meteor, so if you want some of the work being doing by that, just ask me, I'll be glad :)