Author Topic: Am I stupid for not realizing that the ancients look like black mages?  (Read 4549 times)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Right now going through the long list of hrc files and writing out a list of who they belong to. So of course I notice (at least) 2 so far of the ancient spirit models from ancient temple. Now whenever I saw them in game, they always looked like small elephants(basically face with trunk coming out) with purple robes and hats. Now that I'm looking at the models up close in infalna+kimara, I'm going "holy nova those trunks are actually beards! and their faces and clothes make them look like black mages)

So what do people think. Were the ancients black mages? Favorite facepalm moments of realization while playing or modding?

If you want to check the models for yourself open them in ifalna or kimera.
-bccf.hrc
-asjc.hrc
« Last Edit: 2011-12-22 17:31:46 by Furzball »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Most of the models have already been identified.
Check out these resources.

Model Names (Char.lgp and Battle.lgp)           Murak Modder    Battle and Char Model Files             Qhimm

Model Names (Char.lgp)                          Mirex           Model Files in Char.lgp                 Qhimm

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Thanks! Those will help alot!
Gah, seeing how much I can butcher the english language at 3 to 4am. Spelt to as two. lol

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
Always noticed the similarities, but I never thought of them as a reference to the regular black mages.

Calone

• View Profile
Not to be annoying, but to those of us who don't have the game for PC, could we get an actual screenshot?

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Not to be annoying, but to those of us who don't have the game for PC, could we get an actual screenshot?

Sure, no problem

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Wow, that is quite striking. But is it actually a reference to the Black Mages of old, or are both the Cetra and the Black Mages designed according to some common Japanese concept of what 'wizards' are supposed to look like?

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
On a side note: Discovered that The Ancients are most likely the Saronians from FF3. Thank you FFtactics for that bit of trivia (materia in FFT describes Saronians as the creators of materia). Sorry for the thread revival. Figured it would be better to keep information on Ancients in one thread versus making a new one.