Author Topic: Download links don't work  (Read 3260 times)

skilzorz

Download links don't work
« on: 2012-01-29 03:46:37 »
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, or if this topic has been covered elsewhere.

After going through some lists of 'best games of all time', I noticed that one recurring title on many lists was FF7.

The version of the game I am running on my computer sometimes cuts out sounds on the movies. Not often, I've played up to leaving midgar, and sound has only cut once. I understand this is a known topic, and I have tried to get a fix going by downloading, among others, Aali's graphics files. The download links however do not see to work.

Is is related to the recent megaupload issues? Does anyone have a copy of Aali's custom driver that I could get? Is there a working mirror somewhere that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance!

991woot119

• View Profile
Re: Download links don't work
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-29 07:51:04 »
probably related to megaupload

the cuts where probably from the iso being taken from a bad cd

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-29 08:00:11 »
As said, if your CDs are scratched, it could cut sound data. My best suggestion is to create IsoS of your disks and change reg to run movies off hard drive. That way if you need to replace a movie you can get one off YouTube, fix the framerate, convert to avi, and replace bad movie files.

As to the files that no longer have links relating to megaupload . Megaupload was shut down recently and won't ever be back up.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-29 10:31:02 »
Hi skilzorz,

i did a disaster recovery from Aali's server and from MegaUpload
so nothing is lost.

Disaster Recovery - Aali
   Disaster Recovery - MegaUpload

UGerstl keeps the mods alive  ;)
(Bootleg project)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-01-29 12:04:37 »
Here's my mirror for the latest Graphics Driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u0egx6rhac6l88h

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-01-29 13:34:47 »
Umm, what? When you say sound cuts out, do you mean like all sound and music at once? This happens when playing the game on Windows Vista or 7 because the game tries to turn down MIDI volume, but just turns down ALL game volume instead, because MS changed the way they handle audio.

The only solution at this time is to use FF7Music, though I should warn you it has a few bugs of its own.

skilzorz

« Reply #6 on: 2012-01-29 14:29:57 »
Thanks for the responses. I suspect that the issue is not scratched CDs, but the problem that covarr suggests. I AM running windows 7, and ALL sound cuts out during\after videos (including button sounds) and only re-initializes when there is another sound change.

@ covarr my proposed solution to this problem was to follow your guide at http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10546.msg147211#msg147211   which says that aali's driver is required

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-01-29 16:48:14 »
UGerstl's link has a backup of Aali's Driver. Install that first, and ff7music will install.