Author Topic: "Always Run" in Qhimm Tweaks Causes FFVII to Not Launch via 7th Heaven  (Read 1095 times)

BasedCheugy

• View Profile
Hello all,

I have FFVII running perfectly with 7th Heaven aside from one minor issue: the game always refuses to launch if I have "Always Run" enabled in the Gameplay Tweaks - Ghimm Catalog mod.

Quick rundown:

-Windows 11 ("Always Run" options works perfectly on Steam Deck w/ Steam OS).
-Steam version of FFVII. Issue is present whether I run 7th Heaven with or without Steam (added as non-Steam game).
-Worked fine about a year ago.
-I press play and everything looks good until the game window just never appears. 7th Heaven indicates that the game has launched. If I press play again, it asks if I want to close the other instance of FFVII, so 7th Heaven thinks the game has launched.
-I've isolated the issue to just this mod and just this option. I can do a fresh install of everything and only have this mod with this option on and it will not launch. It will, though, launch with the mod active but "Always Run" turned off.
-Same issue on three Windows 11 PCs, this issue isn't present on my Steam Deck (Steam OS).
-I'm using the latest stable version of 7th Heaven and the latest stable version of the FFNx.

I would appreciate any help or insight. Obviously it's fairly minor but I would like to try and fix it.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Auto Run it's built-in FFNx, so if you using 7H simply go in C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII>FFNx.toml

Open up the FFNx.toml with notepad and set to "true" the Auto Run (line 387), save and close.

Enjoy.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Auto Run it's built-in FFNx, so if you using 7H simply go in C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII>FFNx.toml

Open up the FFNx.toml with notepad and set to "true" the Auto Run (line 387), save and close.

Enjoy.

FFNx's autorun only applies to analog controls when you fully press in a direction. It doesn't actually "auto-run" in the traditional sense.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Gotcha.

For OP try now with Gameplay Tweaks new update, you got two different options for Always Run thanks to the amazing modders.

SOLVED. Enjoy.