Author Topic: Super Mario Bros Z  (Read 16530 times)

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Re: Super Mario Bros Z
« Reply #25 on: 2007-06-21 12:25:01 »
Guys, seriously, enough already. A spat and a god-awful video in one thread? Lock candidate methinks.
I'm very close to locking this one.

You guys need to knock it off.  Getting in such a squabble over "whoda thunk it" is pretty silly.  Yes, it's nice for people to write readable English, but you don't need to nitpick every single thing, and I've seen a few threads be thrown off-topic lately by this discussion.

This is an international forum; things like expressions or slang you don't understand can be expected, especially in more casual discussion areas like this "Completely Unrelated" forum.  No need to get upset over it, show some respect for your fellow "forumers" and realize that there are cultural and speech differences even though we speak the same language.

Even if someone makes a questionable post (in terms of the quality of their English writing), the correct response is not to derail the discussion into an argument over the "if you can't speak English, don't post."  The biggest problem is when people are obviously capable of writing good English and repeatedly choose to throw grammar/spelling out the window.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario Bros Z
« Reply #26 on: 2007-06-21 21:17:03 »
Yeah, sorry for that...  :|

EDIT
Even if someone makes a questionable post , [...] the correct response is not to derail the discussion into an argument over the "if you can't speak English, don't post."

I apologize for the huge off-topic. (even if it was in completely unrelated   :-P)

The biggest problem is when people are obviously capable of writing good English and repeatedly choose to throw grammar/spelling out the window.

That's why I broke my nerve on Squeeble's post, intentionnally, maybe I was wrong about if he deliberately write in an unintelligable way or not. Anyways, let's close this stupid debate once and for all.

« Last Edit: 2007-06-21 21:23:52 by Djé »