Author Topic: quick question about making new materia  (Read 10585 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Re: New Materia Question #2
« Reply #25 on: 2010-03-01 00:00:29 »
Damn, I'm now going to have 4 apps open at one time just to do this. This is fun :D. Thanks Kudistos, I've looked a little into shop editing, and I'm not the best with hex editing, actually im probably like the worst person in the world to go to hex edits. Anyway, I guess I'll learn Meteor through trail and error then :P. Thanks again.

Edit: What ever happened to the shop editor idea NFITC1 was thinking of working on?
Another way you can easily put new materia into the game is by putting it into a character's initial equipment. For instance, if you make a "Holy" materia, and you wanna put it in the game, you can stick it in Aerith's initial equipment.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-03-01 00:12:16 »
Damn, I'm now going to have 4 apps open at one time just to do this. This is fun :D. Thanks Kudistos, I've looked a little into shop editing, and I'm not the best with hex editing, actually im probably like the worst person in the world to go to hex edits. Anyway, I guess I'll learn Meteor through trail and error then :P. Thanks again.

Edit: What ever happened to the shop editor idea NFITC1 was thinking of working on?
Another way you can easily put new materia into the game is by putting it into a character's initial equipment. For instance, if you make a "Holy" materia, and you wanna put it in the game, you can stick it in Aerith's initial equipment.
Yea, I've been doing that for testing purposes, but I want to find a way to add materia in places. Like where W-Item is picked up, or sense. I believe I said I don't want it to be initial equips. I'm making more end game materia's to replace things like KoTR and the master materia. Because I think all the master materia are rather over powered... and master summon gives you KoTR.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-03-01 00:40:18 »
I see. Well if you want to replace materia, just overwrite it instead of using one of the dummy slots, and it'll appear wherever that old materia was. As for placing it somewhere where there wasn't anything before, as NFITC1 and KM said, you're going to have to either use hex editing to stick it in a shop, or figure out meteor to place it on the field.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-03-01 01:13:09 »
Yea, i figured. Thanks anyway :D I've learned quite a bit today.

Edit: Proof of the bit I've learned :D

« Last Edit: 2010-03-01 01:15:57 by Immortal Damyn »