Author Topic: Terence Fergusson? VERY detailed FF7 monster data?  (Read 8342 times)

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Where'd you get this data for Killbin? Is there some way you could provide me with all of the information and I'll credit you completely? It would be a great thing for my monster list website that's going to make the most detailed monster lists on the internet. And these are incredibly detailed, like my FFX one is that's in the works. I also got the basic data that I've hacked from all the other FF games and stuff... So, if you wanted to work on something together, it would be great!

Or does anyone else have this detailed info?

Please get back with me: [email protected]

Thanks,
~sky

Name: Killbin
Lvl: 30 EXP: 700 Win: [ 8] Ether
HP: 3200 AP: 150 Steal: [32] Turbo Ether
MP: 380 Gil: 1000 Morph: Mind Source
---
No Elemental Properties
---
Att: 90 Def: 64 Df%: 12
MAt: 85 MDf: 126
---
Immune: Manipulate
---
Attacks:
<x>
Physical Attack
Str: 1x Base (342)
Tar: 1 Op
Elm: Non-Element
Attr: Berserk Attack
Notes: Used when Killbin has 'Orange Swords' shown
<Cure2>
Magical Piercing HP Restore
Str: Base + 770 (1460)
Cost: 24 MP
Tar: All Al/1 Al
Elm: Restorative
Attr: Reflectable
Notes: Used when Killbin has 'Pink Heart' shown
Only used when Killbin's HP <= ???
<Fire2>
Magical Attack
Str: 1 1/4x Base (862.5)
Cost: 22 MP
Tar: 1 Op/All Op
Elm: Fire
Notes: Used when Killbin has 'Red Fire' shown
<Ice2>
Magical Attack
Str: 1 1/4x Base (862.5)
Cost: 22 MP
Elm: Ice
Notes: Used when Killbin has 'Blue Ice' shown
<Aspil>
Magical MP Absorb
Str: 1/8x Base (86.25)
Cost: 1 MP
Tar: 1 Op
Notes: Used when Killbin has 'Blue Electronics' shown
Only used when Killbin's MP <= ???
<Slow>
Change Status
Cost: 20 MP
Attr: [25] Inflict 'Slow'
Reflectable
Notes: Used when Killbin has 'Yellow Clock' shown

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Terence Fergusson? VERY detailed FF7 monster data?
« Reply #1 on: 2004-01-26 04:26:04 »
Uh i dont know if he is still here or not, but i havent seen Terence for AGES.. He was a mod wasnt he? maybe? geez i dont remember..

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #2 on: 2004-01-26 04:29:01 »
IIRC, Terrence was one of the first mods on these boards :P
Maybe back when we were using UBB or whatever that was.
But I don't think he has mod status anymore.

Anyway, I think I've seen a post from him every now and then, but he doesn't seem to be a regular visitor anymore.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-01-26 04:43:14 »
Isn't he the guy who wrote the Date Mechanics FAQ?  Sweet ^_^

Anyway, he probably used game hack, and patients.  The only other way woulda been for him to do a hard hack of the mosnters AI, and i dunno how possible that is o_o

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Hey
« Reply #4 on: 2004-01-26 04:56:02 »
Well, I'm just saying that it looks like he's already analyzed the monsters' data and all their attacks. I was just curious if he'd release that information for all the monsters...or if he got that from someone else, if he would post or upload it.

Also, the lzs program doesn't work on 2 of my computers or my friends. Can someone decompress scene.bin and upload the uncompressed file(s) somewhere for me to download so I can check them out?

Thanks,
~Sky

Thanks,
~Sky

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-01-30 03:16:05 »
The data comes from a personal document I've written (and promised to GameFAQs should it ever *EVER* get finished to my liking... I suppose only general clean up (which may take a while), the final bosses (need to flesh out the notes I have for them) and all the other projects I have are preventing its initial release).  The work started just as pure memory hacking and observation, and got more and more explicit as more stuff was discovered.

The biggest breakthrough was identifying the basic format for attack data, and that wasn't done by me; I think L Spiro gets that credit.  I just took that and worked on it, almost fully identifying the rest and using it to update all the attack data.

AI data has still to be worked out, however... that would be fun.

We didn't know about scene.bin at the time, so all the data was extracted through observation and dumps of the memory when facing enemies.  Now that this information is becoming available, maybe I'll get back to work... on the other hand, I still have the attack formulas to write up for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.  Meh.

Anyways, I'll be on a bit more often over the next few days, so, make the most of it.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #6 on: 2004-01-30 07:49:21 »
See, speak his name and he magically appears! :)

Btw Terence, your mail address is giving off quite a number of "Mail delivery failed: unrouteable mail domain" responses (from the autogenerated reply notification mails). This might be something you'd like to have a look at if you indeed want these notifications. ^_^

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Skylark
« Reply #7 on: 2004-01-31 11:01:30 »
Terence, I do have a couple questions that I'd like to ask. But they may take up alot of back and forth talking. Would it be possible to email me: [email protected]? Or aim me: lordskylark? I won't bug you much if you don't want to, but there's a couple of things that I need to work out with the data that I had originally extracted - yeah, I made memory dumps too, cause I didn't know about scene.bin either.

~Sky

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2004-02-03 13:26:21 »
You're probably better off replying here, for a number of reasons:

1) I check my e-mail even less than I check the forums, for various reasons.
2) Even if I'm not here often enough to help, there are others who may be able to answer some of your queries here.
3) It'll likely be a useful tech discussion no matter what comes of all this.

Post up what kind of things you're looking for, and I'll see what I can do.

bspbsp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2004-02-07 13:39:00 »
to Lord_Skylark:
Do you say that you got the basic data from all the other FF games and stuff? I want to know where you can find the enemies' infomation in FFVIII. Which files in the data directory store those info. Many thanks. :D

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Skylark
« Reply #10 on: 2004-02-07 14:20:05 »
I'll have to look again. Might be a week or so. Cause I just extracted out the basic data i needed and didn't bother taking most or analyzing most of it. I'm going to analyze more of it sometime later...

~Sky