Author Topic: Can someone send me/upload the uncompressed scene.bin please  (Read 6904 times)

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
topic

email: [email protected]
AIM: lordskylark

Thanks,
~Sky

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: Can someone send me/upload the uncompressed scene.bin pl
« Reply #1 on: 2004-02-05 03:37:32 »
Quote from: Lord_Skylark
topic

email: [email protected]
AIM: lordskylark

Thanks,
~Sky

Ummm it might be a wee bit huge.. I might also point out that sections are compressed and there are structures that reference the compressed sections. Not a very simple thing :)

Cyb

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Can someone send me/upload the uncompressed scene.bin please
« Reply #2 on: 2004-02-05 09:05:15 »
Im little out of toppic ... how can it be uncompressed ? I heard its gzipped or something, are there any tools for it ?

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-02-05 09:29:46 »
GZip is .gz. WinZip can do that an so can WinRAR. Of course, it could be something else.

If it is gzipped, rename it to scene.gz and open it with WinZip/WinRAR. However, I often see gzipped archives with a tarball (.tar) in them.

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
a
« Reply #4 on: 2004-02-05 18:59:33 »
It's a custom format of lzs or whatever. So, the common decompressors don't decompress it. And I KNOW people have decompressed it. So, I don't understand why they can't share it or give the EXACT way in which to decompress it.

~Sky

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-02-05 21:17:09 »
Quote from: mirex
Im little out of toppic ... how can it be uncompressed ? I heard its gzipped or something, are there any tools for it ?

It has a structure of references and several sections of these. Each reference points to a 'block' of data that is LZS compressed.

Quote from: Lord_SkyLark

It's a custom format of lzs or whatever. So, the common decompressors don't decompress it. And I KNOW people have decompressed it. So, I don't understand why they can't share it or give the EXACT way in which to decompress it.

~Sky

We are repressing you! hehehehe
Seriously how big is SCENE.BIN compressed?
264K on the PSX ( I assume it's the same )
Now this contains more than just data of the enemies I might point out. It also includes all the scene background data as well.

Each Section is 8K is size with the first 16 DWORDS being
references to the subsections in the 8K block (this happens to be 4 CD sectors by the way oddly enough). The references to the sections are  byte offset/sizeof(DWORD)  FYI.

At that point you extract the data now what gets interesting is 264/8 = 33 that means 33 8K sections exist with up 16 subsections.

That's about all I know of the SCENE.BIN format.

Decompressing really is only useful if you split out the sections and keep the section reference information for each section.   I suppose I could spend some time working on that some day myself. :)

Cyb

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Okay
« Reply #6 on: 2004-02-05 23:49:00 »
*sigh*

Alright, whatever...

What program was used to decompress it? And actually, the references or whatever you're talking about wouldn't help me at all, so...I just want the file decompressed or exactly how to do it.

Is there seriously some problem with telling me this or allowing me to have a copy of the uncompressed file?

~Sky

Fremen^SF

• View Profile
    • http://www.planet-shitfliez.org/
« Reply #7 on: 2004-02-06 00:13:56 »
Lord_Skylark : I've already released few programs about scene.bin file. Here is a link to 2 "command line" programs (so you have to launch them at prompt) :
Link to scene.bin programs (tar.gz can be uncompressed using Winzip).

The first program, scene_extract, has got the following syntax :
scene_extract.exe scenebinfile.bin
For example :
scene_extract.exe scene.bin

It will read each gzipped file in scene.bin and writes them on your disk (file0.gz, file1.gz, ...).
Then it will call "gunzip.exe" to uncompress them.

The second program, scene_create, will use "gzip.exe" to recompress your files and to create another scene.bin file.

Please note that I haven't tested those programs under Windows, but they must work correctly.

I've done another program too, which generates a huge text file which describes a lot of informations we (friends and me) have found in scene.bin file. Its size is about 6Mbytes and a compressed version is available in my web server :
Link to scenestats.txt.gz (from the french FF7 scene.bin file)

Note this file is not documented, not updated, and that more informations about scene.bin can be found in our french forum (sorry). We have already found about all main specifications of scene.bin file, but there remain the battle scripts on which we are working. So if you need more help about something, I could try to help you, with my "bad english speaking". ;)

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Okay
« Reply #8 on: 2004-02-06 12:53:56 »
A big question I had was are the data for a couple dummied enemies listed elsewhere in the file? I put the list here. Cause they all have a unique ID that matches up with their model. And the data for these didn't seem listed anywhere: http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=2699

Also, have you come across anything for how Bizarro, Synthese, and Safer's HP is configured. I know Synthese doesn't cahnge...but it loads the same enemy into the battle 3 times and just changes it's stats.

Thanks,
~Sky

p.s.
I'll try out that program right now then.

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
hey
« Reply #9 on: 2004-02-06 13:40:23 »
Sweet. That worked. Thanks.

~Sky

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2004-02-06 19:10:21 »
Quote from: Fremen^SF
Lord_Skylark : I've already released few programs about scene.bin file. Here is a link to 2 "command line" programs (so you have to launch them at prompt) :
Link to scene.bin programs (tar.gz can be uncompressed using Winzip).

The first program, scene_extract, has got the following syntax :
scene_extract.exe scenebinfile.bin
For example :
scene_extract.exe scene.bin

It will read each gzipped file in scene.bin and writes them on your disk (file0.gz, file1.gz, ...).
Then it will call "gunzip.exe" to uncompress them.

The second program, scene_create, will use "gzip.exe" to recompress your files and to create another scene.bin file.

Please note that I haven't tested those programs under Windows, but they must work correctly.

I've done another program too, which generates a huge text file which describes a lot of informations we (friends and me) have found in scene.bin file. Its size is about 6Mbytes and a compressed version is available in my web server :
Link to scenestats.txt.gz (from the french FF7 scene.bin file)

Note this file is not documented, not updated, and that more informations about scene.bin can be found in our french forum (sorry). We have already found about all main specifications of scene.bin file, but there remain the battle scripts on which we are working. So if you need more help about something, I could try to help you, with my "bad english speaking". ;)

The unfortunate thing is I am not particularly good at reading french nor speaking it for that matter.  So all that wonderful information is lost on me because Babel fish stops translating after I think 8000 words (hehehe).

I am currently sectionally working on translating it.  Hopefully I'll have some useful information from it.  I'm curious about the .X files in that directory as well. There are severl BIN and .X files

As for Bad english you are at least understandable! Trust me I know people born in the US who speak english natively and I sware English is there second language (boggle).

Cyb

Fremen^SF

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2004-02-06 20:03:39 »
Thank you Cyb for your remark about my english. I'm not accustomed to write long posts in that language, hence I'm reassured about that.

The unfortunate thing is I am not particularly good at reading french nor speaking it for that matter. So all that wonderful information is lost on me because Babel fish stops translating after I think 8000 words (hehehe).

And I think Babel fish does not translate very well this kind of texts :)
Maybe will have enough time during the next week, so I may try to translate in english all ressources we found about scene.bin (and kernel.bin for reason I will explain later, I've eaten enough of english texts today ^^) if it can be useful.

I am currently sectionally working on translating it. Hopefully I'll have some useful information from it. I'm curious about the .X files in that directory as well. There are severl BIN and .X files

Sorry for my questions but what are you translating exactly ? All informations in our forums ?
And what are those X files you are talking about ? I'm a little lost.

mirex

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2004-02-18 20:54:51 »
I need scene.bin from non-english FF7 for comparison, to see differences and to see how to implement it into Leviathan, please could someone send it to me or upload it here: http://bin.mypage.sk ?

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Skylark
« Reply #13 on: 2004-02-19 10:41:51 »
I'm been trying to get someone to get me the japanese version of regular FF7 and FF7 int. Someone said they could, but it'll be like over a week before they can get back home to send it to me.

Also, you look over that ff11 files?

~Sky

Fremen^SF

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2004-02-19 15:29:32 »
Quote from: mirex
I need scene.bin from non-english FF7 for comparison, to see differences and to see how to implement it into Leviathan, please could someone send it to me or upload it here: http://bin.mypage.sk ?

I put my french scene.bin on my server, you can download it here.

mirex

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2004-02-21 03:33:13 »
Fremen: thanks

Marco

• View Profile
monster data specs
« Reply #16 on: 2004-02-24 13:49:05 »
Any chance of updating the monster data specifications and posting them?

mirex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2004-03-01 20:47:57 »
Hey guys i stripped out data from some scene.bins into readable form, here they are:
English PC scene.bin
French PC scene.bin
English PSX scene.bin

Monsters are ordered just how they come in scene.bin. See that in all .bin's monsters positions are practically the same.

rasczak77

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2004-03-03 02:50:14 »
Wow, I've been waiting a long time to see a full list like this.  Very interesting indeed.  I can't wait until casual modification becomes available.