Author Topic: Anyone know how this text is compressed?  (Read 2747 times)

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Anyone know how this text is compressed?
« on: 2004-02-27 21:56:28 »
This was some extracted texdt or whatever from a file from the FFXI japanese beta DvD. Anyone know how it's compressed or what program to use to compress it. I know you can read a majority of the text...but I'd like to read it all in a nice uncompressed format.

Right now, this is the best I could get from it, as the guy that has my copy of the game (I bought it from him and he's sending it to me this weekend) doesn't know what the hell he's doing and it's frustrating to tell him what to do or whatever, so this is the best he can get me for this time.

I was hoping maybe you could tell the type of compression it uses. This text may actually be made up of multiple files, as all the files are jammed together when you try to make a dvd image from a PS2 game. And if they're like the PC version, each location is a seperate file.

If you need to actually view the raw data instead of the text like this, I'll have my copy of the game  in about a week or so.

www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/beta.txt

Thanks,
~Sky

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #1 on: 2004-02-28 11:11:45 »
Are you sure that its correct ? I mean there are only chars and dots. Looks to me like its binary file dump where some codes are replaced with dots.

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-02-28 18:24:03 »
Well, in hex workship, any hex value that doesn't produce a normal character in the set comes up as a dot. That's why I asked if you'd need to see the raw data instead of the text form of it from hex workshop like that guy that's I bought the game from copied from the text column.

~Sky

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #3 on: 2004-03-01 20:41:50 »
Yeah binary data are needed. But anyhow .. i have no time to look at it. Sorry.

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-03-01 21:08:05 »
I might be able to look at it. No guarantees, though.