Author Topic: Regarding some ff7 deleted stuff....  (Read 4136 times)

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Regarding some ff7 deleted stuff....
« on: 2004-07-07 11:51:04 »
These are screenshots of deleted stuff from games - mostly ff7 and fftactics....

http://www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/deleted/

These ff7 ones I can verify are real - I've had them saved on my computer (well not this specific one) before the japanese game was ever released - in fact, I still need to encode the movie sequence that was offically released by Square that shows a frozen rotating 3d battlefield that's not in the final game where bahamut is encountering some blue grunts - the background is like in the middle of some city street.

I just wanted to show that stuff was deleted from FF7 before the final release....so, who knows what the programmers has originally intended with the game... (especially FFTactics - damn!)

~Sky

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-07 12:05:14 »
Of course the japanese ones are all real...Its because there in the game!

And the bahamut could simply be when you re enter midgar, and Cloud uses Neo Bahamut.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-07 14:35:50 »
That Evil Chocobo is cool! Interesting stuff Skylark.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-07 21:59:40 »
Ice cave....

I wanna find out where that is!  I dunno if its "THE" cave from near the ancient capitol.. but it looks like it'd be around there.   or actually, like its suppsoed to be in Gias' cliff...

There are quite a few background files in field.lgp which lgp tools cant read, and it gives me a shitload of errors.. it'd be a shame if THIS http://www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/deleted/nimble02.jpg were one of those files...

Where'd this person supposedly find all this?

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
I just uploaded an avi I made of the ff7 promo video
« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-08 02:49:23 »
This was like some promo video of ff7 before the game was even released in japan... That show the 3d rotation of Bahamut doing whatever to some grunts and grand horn in a battle field that isn't in the final game (but it coulde still be stored in the data and unused)

I uploaded it to the same directory I posted already.

Anyhow have ANY idea where that Evil Chocobo thing is from? That time i found the screen shot was just before Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 1 was released in japan - and I thought it was the Devil Chocobo from that game - but they look nothing the same once I actually bought and played that game.

~Sky

Messiah99

• View Profile
Re: I just uploaded an avi I made of the ff7 promo video
« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-08 04:40:22 »
Quote from: Lord_Skylark
Anyhow have ANY idea where that Evil Chocobo thing is from?

Couldnt tell you where its from, but I bet I know where it went. 2 words.... Chocobo Butcher, haha.  :lol:

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-07-08 07:03:24 »
Dude!  In taht video.. theres a WHOLE NEW FREAKIN TOWN!

And in one of the previews, barret was effin HUGE!

Anyone know japanese? What was being said in the AVALANCHE hideout?

And i liek how the midgar city street ha d abakcground which showed the shinra tower.  I'm surprised it wasn't in more street backgrounds...

Man, i hope someone can find some of the files that relate to all this hidden stuff.. t'would be much l337ness.

I kinda wish they had kept the chibi avatars, though =P

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Battlefield
« Reply #7 on: 2004-07-11 19:31:53 »
Is that battlefield that's shown in the promo movie (where bahamut is attacking the Grunts and Grand Horn in the city) stored in the files still and not used - or removed completely?

Thanks,
~Sky

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield
« Reply #8 on: 2004-07-11 22:40:05 »
Quote from: Lord_Skylark
Is that battlefield that's shown in the promo movie (where bahamut is attacking the Grunts and Grand Horn in the city) stored in the files still and not used - or removed completely?

Thanks,
~Sky

You would have to check where the battle field scenese are stored. STAGE1 and STAGE2 in the PS1 version. There are 90 battle scenes some being 1KB is size however.  (empty probably).

Look at this thread to find a program to view the scene.  I am not positive if prescripted battles are in there or not, if so then you'll also find Yuffie and other interesting things for combat.

Cyb