Author Topic: Enabling 1-3, 2-3, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3 Limits  (Read 4176 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Enabling 1-3, 2-3, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3 Limits
« on: 2011-02-18 06:17:51 »
I know the game has 'slots' for these, as seen in wallmarket, but apparently it can't handle more than two limits.
Has anyone experimented with this?
Specifically I want to enable limits which are originally 2-1 as 1-3 ( basically, the first of the next higher level is moved one down but is ALSO at it's original point. ) To get the 1-3 / 2-3 etc limits obviously I'd raise the necessary "limits used" really really high

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Enabling 1-3, 2-3, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3 Limits
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-18 21:31:19 »
I know the game has 'slots' for these, as seen in wallmarket, but apparently it can't handle more than two limits.
Specifically I want to enable limits which are originally 2-1 as 1-3 ( basically, the first of the next higher level is moved one down but is ALSO at it's original point. ) To get the 1-3 / 2-3 etc limits obviously I'd raise the necessary "limits used" really really high

I don't see what the problem is:

Actually, I just messed around for a few minutes, so there might be problems of which I'm unaware. I set Blade Beam as the 1-3 limit in Wallmarket and everything went smoothly.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-18 23:45:56 »
weird...
I tried it once a few weeks ago and it didn't work. at all.
I learned the limits correctly but couldn't use them in-battle. There were other problems too. I'll try again and report back.

edit: the limit data is under initial data, but I am not entirely sure if I have to start a new game just because I switched some Limit data around.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-18 23:57:16 by KuugenTheFox »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-19 16:08:26 »

I don't see what the problem is:

[img]
[img]

Actually, I just messed around for a few minutes, so there might be problems of which I'm unaware. I set Blade Beam as the 1-3 limit in Wallmarket and everything went smoothly.

Woah! I didn't even think that would work. Pretty slick there, KD. :D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 2011-02-21 07:31:55 »
Well, for the bigger part it works ( although theres some horrible horrible problems with animations when you change attacks... I made Omnislash a single target attack and now the animation is 20x as fast as it is supposed to be )

Only exception: Cait Sith
No matter what I change the limits to, it always calls slots when activating the second level limit. And there are horrible problems when changing up the lvl 3 and 4 slots of his limits too. jesus. He also cannot learn a lvl 3 limit regardless of what values I use in wallmarket. He can't even learn 1-2 limits. man. one useless stupid goddamn robot is that. Reeve should burn in hell.

Second exception and weird: Vincent
Theres some stuff going on wih him thats weird. for  once, his hell masker and chaos monster forms are switched but the attacks persist... which is really.. WEIRD. and crashes the game occasionally.  I worked around that by basically copy-pasting the effects of the attacks and then switching the # of what Vince transforms to in the limits. because i have no idea why the models are switched.
edit: actually it still messes up and now I have to find a way to fix this somehow D:
There is also an issue that always freezes the game if he has a 1-3 or 2-3 or 3-3 limit. 1-3 causes 2-2 and up to freeze, 2-2 causes 3-2 and up to freeze and 3-3 seems to freeze lvl 4.

Beside that, it seems to work ok-ish.
Although the entire limit system fails when editing it with black chocobo
« Last Edit: 2011-02-21 08:45:32 by KuugenTheFox »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-23 19:39:03 »
Well, for the bigger part it works ( although theres some horrible horrible problems with animations when you change attacks... I made Omnislash a single target attack and now the animation is 20x as fast as it is supposed to be )

Single target, or single hit? Either way it'd be funny to see. :D

Only exception: Cait Sith
No matter what I change the limits to, it always calls slots when activating the second level limit. And there are horrible problems when changing up the lvl 3 and 4 slots of his limits too. jesus. He also cannot learn a lvl 3 limit regardless of what values I use in wallmarket. He can't even learn 1-2 limits. man. one useless stupid goddamn robot is that. Reeve should burn in hell.

Long story short, Cait Sith's limit behavior is hard-coded and can't be modified by changing those. Dice and Slot are more of commands than attacks.

Second exception and weird: Vincent
Theres some stuff going on wih him thats weird. for  once, his hell masker and chaos monster forms are switched but the attacks persist... which is really.. WEIRD. and crashes the game occasionally.  I worked around that by basically copy-pasting the effects of the attacks and then switching the # of what Vince transforms to in the limits. because i have no idea why the models are switched.

Because the attacks to perform are chosen based on limit level and handled in his AI script.

edit: actually it still messes up and now I have to find a way to fix this somehow D:
There is also an issue that always freezes the game if he has a 1-3 or 2-3 or 3-3 limit. 1-3 causes 2-2 and up to freeze, 2-2 causes 3-2 and up to freeze and 3-3 seems to freeze lvl 4.

Interesting. I'd suggest not doing that. :) Not much can be done about that I'm afraid.

...the entire limit system fails when editing it with black chocobo

might want to talk to Sithlord48 about that. Black Choco assumes default names for limits (last time I checked) so it may be reporting things wrong. It's probably also removing the X-3 limits from consideration since they're off by default anyway.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 2011-02-23 20:45:57 »
Single target. Basically, cloud performs the whole animation in 3~ seconds. and then the actual omnislash effects take place. Looks like he attacked at lightspeed and reality catches up afterwards.

TL;DR: Cait Sith sucks big frign ass

Didn't know that, but it doesn't explain why the lvl 3 limit caused him to turn into his lvl 4 form. He DID use the lvl 4 attacks in that form though. It no longer messes up anything, but the other problem is now that it'll probably somehow screw you to learn the lvl 4 limit via item. I don't know how that is handled though.

I simply left him with 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 limits for now and gave the actual attacks and transformations some effects. ( lvl 4 gives barrier, mbarrier, peerless, haste, regen and shield for a complete boost for example.  obviously, that stuff still wears off normally. )

No, giving a character a limit it didnt learn in the game basically makes the limit menu in battle invisible and displays nothing
it doesnt freeze the game, but you can't 'learn' the limit properly anymore, so you're stuck with a bugged limit.
i.e.
Cloud has Limit 1-1, 1-2
I give cloud 2-1 and 2-2 ( or just 2-1 ) via black chocobo and set the limit level to 2 ( or not, didnt matter for the result )
limit in battle then results in a invisible box after clicking limit with no attacks displayed as if the char had limit mode but no limits learned
it doesnt actually touch the 1-3, 2-3, 3-3 limits at all ( you can't remove them either )