Author Topic: Square announces a massive Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary box set  (Read 19903 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
And it's a total waste of money. olol.

With the much beloved RPG series Final Fantasy reaching it’s historic 25th Anniversary later this year, Square Enix has unveiled a special collector’s box set to mark the occasion, during the Final Fantasy Gallery opening ceremony held earlier today in Japan.

The Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box will contain a vast 22 disc collection made up of the core 13 games in the franchise’s main series in their PS1, PSP, PS2, and PS3 formats, not to mention it will also come with some very nice collectors swag as well.

Here’s the full list of games:

Final Fantasy (PS1, 1 disc)
    Final Fantasy II (PS1, 1 disc)
    Final Fantasy III (PSP, 1 disc)
    Final Fantasy IV (PS1, 1 disc)
    Final Fantasy V (PS1, 1 disc)
    Final Fantasy VI (PS1, 1 disc)
    Final Fantasy VII International (PS1, 4 discs)
    Final Fantasy VIII (PS1, 4 discs)
    Final Fantasy IX (PS1, 4 discs)
    Final Fantasy X (PS2, 1 disc)
    Final Fantasy XI Vana'diel Collection 2 (PS2, 1 disc)
    Final Fantasy XII (PS2, 1 disc)
    Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, 1 disc) 22 discs

Bonus collectors swag:

Special anniversary video disc
    Crystal ArtWorks -- an anniversary visual art collection
    A two disc anniversary music selection CD
    Final Fantasy XIV Mogu Mogu Earring item code
    Mini replica of Amano FF 25th Anniversary visual and stand

Considering this massive collection has so much stuff packed into it, you’d figure that it’d cost a pretty penny and you would be right, as this Ultimate Box rings in at the gorgeous price of ¥35,000, which is the equivalent of $446.99 USD. But it should be said Square hasn’t revealed any plans to release this set outside of Japan.

So, if you happen to have an extra $500 dollars laying around and have an understanding of Japanese, you can head on over to Square’s e-Shop on December 18 and have it imported to your collection.

original article: http://www.screwattack.com/news/square-announces-massive-final-fantasy-25th-anniversary-box-set

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Square and Fair don't go well together these days. 

A song springs to mind:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
The $446.99 doesn't bother me, since that's cheaper than buying them all individually. However, I don't own a PS2, PS3, or PSP, so the entire thing would just be a boxed Collector's set for my shelf.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
not really cheaper. i occasion still come across final fantasy origins, anthology, and chronicles brand new for 20 bux each. for 60 bux you get 1,2, 4, 5, 6, and chrono trigger. ff7 is 10. 10 is still in gamestop for 20ish. 11 is 15ish. 12 is still in game stop for 20ish. 13 i bought at gamestop brand new for 12. so for 137 you get most of that collection. your only missing 3 8 and 9. plus with the money you save you pick up the extras like crisis core, dirge of cerberus, tactics, x-2, xiii-2. for the collection i wouldnt pay more than 175 and thatd only be if it includes everything

archerxtreme

• View Profile
If they come in their old formats i doubt only the rare few like me who still have their ps1 and windows 7 workaround for win 95 games will be able to play half their titles....

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
they are all ps1 ps2 psp ps3

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
Here is my opinion. The staff at Square-Enix were so busy, that they had little time to come up with something better. Would you agree?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Does anyone agree that if Square would announce a donation option for the remake of final fantasy vii and a special place were all fans would share their opinions, it would be possible for them to create a descent remake? I mean like 9.99 for each fan. I would donate for it for sure.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Does anyone agree that if Square would announce a donation option for the remake of final fantasy vii and a special place were all fans would share their opinions, it would be possible for them to create a descent remake? I mean like 9.99 for each fan. I would donate for it for sure.

No.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
lol I love straight forward replies :P

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
That's Kuugen for you  :P

I don't agree because I don't think they will ever support a remake. To me, that ship sailed away long ago. At this point, I am just happy to replay everything made Final Fantasy I through IX because those days of RPG making were more unique and stronger for the franchise. They won't ever go back to making games like that anymore. It's clearly evident in their push forward with technology and cinematic RPG's.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Donating money to them so they can make a game for even more profit?  I'd sooner sell my soul to the devil and bend over for him to plant one in me.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Donating money to them so they can make a game for even more profit?  I'd sooner sell my soul to the devil and bend over for him to plant one in me.
LOL ;D

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Yeah... that's the reason it worths debating about such topics in this forum... it's all about the replies... :D

Wolke

• View Profile
     Having a Fire sale ??

The series should have ended with IX. 10 should have been BBP 1 (that's Belts Buckles and Pouches) it all started to look like KH..

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
@Wolke Nice avatar... did you draw this by yourself?

Wolke

• View Profile
I wish, that one has been in my FF Graphics folder since February 2000.Been waiting to use it for something.Don't remember where it came from.

It's signed Jarikk. I always thought Cloud should look a bit more darker,grungy mercenaries don't look Emo.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
I don't get Square.
They just reburn a bunch of cds and pack it up and resell for a ridiculous price.

They don't even bother to do a remastered version to the new platforms. A bluray could probably hold all of those and be playable in PS3. But no, it's easier to release 25 years old stuff in the same format they had years ago.

I have access to most of those games, but i wouldn't mind drop 100€ on a pack like that, if it had some minor tweaks, bugfixing and some extras (i would even be pleased with some achievements). But 500$ for the same stuff i have, hell no.

How stupid can a company be.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
That's what I meant by donating,if they would even create a place for fans where their/our opinions would matter and have a game with various options that would satisfy every devoted fan's preference they would create something epic, and they already know how devoted their old/humble fans already are...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
That's what I meant by donating,if they would even create a place for fans where their/our opinions would matter and have a game with various options that would satisfy every devoted fan's preference they would create something epic, and they already know how devoted their old/humble fans already are...

Please return to the forum index and get your brain, because you seem to have forgotten it there. Sorry, but, LOL.
various options that would satisfy every devoted fan's preference
That's IMPOSSIBLE

and they already know how devoted their old/humble fans already are...
More like, how fanatic and easily exploitable people are.

they would even create a place for fans where their/our opinions would matter
Fan opinions never matter. Business opinions matter. Fans might be heard a little with indie devs but not with a large company like SE

also, goddammit, punctation and grammar, do you know it?

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
...punctation and grammar, do you know it?

Sorry not a native speaker... I own some proficiency degree though recognized by the state... also too late at night for me for a precise translation where I live.

And please I do not live in the Matrix... I was just saying...What can I a pitiful dreamer say anyway... :P :P :P

P.S.: I'm proud to be a fanatic otherwise I wouldn't stay in this forum for too long ;)
« Last Edit: 2012-09-05 01:32:23 by LeonhartGR »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Cut him some slack Kuugen. He is Greek and tries his best to learn and communicate a second language. I commend those efforts  :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
What, you think english isn't my second language too?

Wolke

• View Profile
Me too double speak,  8) ;D German/English

But seriously; bad spellers of the world ......UNTIE !

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, we have in our midsts here a troll.  A bad one too, because he is too obvious.  I suggest rather than being abused by Kuugen, you just do what I do and shove him on ignore.  It saves a lot of effort and annoyance. 
« Last Edit: 2012-09-05 04:58:17 by DLPB »