Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FF7 Randomiser - Godo  (Read 70780 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FF7 Randomiser - Godo
« Reply #100 on: 2020-06-28 02:03:46 »
Crazy/stupid question: is it possible to randomize the battle music with this mod? XD

I think so, but the approach for doing it properly could be a bit of a task.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #101 on: 2020-06-28 02:07:00 »
There's a mod called CAMS being worked on that does exactly this (randomize battle music). It'll work with 7th Heaven 2.2+.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2020-06-29 02:10:27 »
Yeah, but isn't that like variants of the battle theme itself? Randomising music within the game I'm thinking is more like playing chu (boss theme) instead of bat (battle theme) or kuro instead of iseki, etc.

kinuyasha2

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2020-07-14 06:28:51 »
Thanks for this, took me a while to get it setup, but it was totally worth it when in the first battle cloud's limit break turned out to be omnislash. I laughed maniacally for a solid two minutes.

Might have to restart with some more tinkering to get the difficulty feeling better.

JokerTheRoyale

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2020-08-26 17:44:17 »
Hey Sega, I cannot for the life of me get the Flevel to change. I've freshly installed a new copy of FF7 from steam, and its english. I know in the read me, it says put it in the default file folder. There isn't one in the folder. Theres an input and an output folder. And theyre inside a pc folder. And then a Kernel Strings folder. I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I wait for it to get the Completed prompt as well. And i know it does work, because when I modify the models, they all change, and the items stay the same.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-26 17:47:09 by JokerTheRoyale »

Putrefiunt

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2020-11-22 11:48:51 »
Hi there,

I just setup this mod for my run and I have encoutered something quite odd.
First, my Cloud holds a HP<-> MP materia on his sword wich I cannot (yet) change. The materia is on a invisible slot so i cannot change the materia either. It results of him having 18 Hp until i can equip him another weapon (I guess, in fact I don't know if those materias are linked to Cloud or to the sword). But that's ok.
I am in the Wall Market, questing to get him dressed properly. I have all of the best items for this, so he should be the one that Don Corneo chooses. But that's not the case. Instead, Corneo chooses Aerith. This leads to Cloud having non-avoidable encounters with Corneo's minions. But as he has only 18 HP I always get one-shooted by the minions that attacks faster than I can.

I had to setup another Seed of variable and to load my save to get it right. My theory is that the variable that the mod make "random" also apply to this statistic (the one that determines wich character Corneo chooses). If it is the case, this can lead to a very soft-lock of the game as the player may not be able to continue playing.
It can be interresting to look at this.

My seed for the game that soft-locks is : 199556406 or 200123859 (I don't remember wich one it is, Cloud might have 18 HP and be in permenant Fury/Berserkr)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2020-12-01 20:22:09 »
Hi there,

I just setup this mod for my run and I have encoutered something quite odd.
First, my Cloud holds a HP<-> MP materia on his sword wich I cannot (yet) change. The materia is on a invisible slot so i cannot change the materia either. It results of him having 18 Hp until i can equip him another weapon (I guess, in fact I don't know if those materias are linked to Cloud or to the sword). But that's ok.
I am in the Wall Market, questing to get him dressed properly. I have all of the best items for this, so he should be the one that Don Corneo chooses. But that's not the case. Instead, Corneo chooses Aerith. This leads to Cloud having non-avoidable encounters with Corneo's minions. But as he has only 18 HP I always get one-shooted by the minions that attacks faster than I can.

I had to setup another Seed of variable and to load my save to get it right. My theory is that the variable that the mod make "random" also apply to this statistic (the one that determines wich character Corneo chooses). If it is the case, this can lead to a very soft-lock of the game as the player may not be able to continue playing.
It can be interresting to look at this.

My seed for the game that soft-locks is : 199556406 or 200123859 (I don't remember wich one it is, Cloud might have 18 HP and be in permenant Fury/Berserkr)

The battle part of the randomiser doesn't affect the field script; what Cloud needs for the date is the dress, wig, tiara, perfume, and undergarments. The last 'item' is actually a randomly determined bonus; the makeup can give a varying number of points when applied, indicated by the SFX that plays afterwards.

However, there is an RNG table in the kernel that I'm unsure if it gets used by the field script or not. I also suspect that this option itself is what can lead to bad seeds so the option to change that is being dropped for stability for the time being.

TheGingerChris

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2021-02-08 21:57:52 »
Hey all,

I have recently discovered that this randomizer exists and I'm looking to explore it's features and functionality. I am however a little confused on what is happening with the randomizer as the "quick randomization" options don't really describe what is being changed?

If I where to click on "Weapon Data" what is being changed/shuffled? Is it purely the weapons and their locations or is it going further and shuffling the abilities/stats/slots as well? Is there a way to control just how much is being changed?

Kind regards and thanks in advance!

MiraPoix

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2021-05-27 02:51:54 »
Hi, I also found this randomizer recently. So far I have encountered random enemies that freeze the game, and got soft locked after 7 hours when Sephiroth kept healing the "red dragon" randomized enemy. I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to be able to complete a seed because of all the errors. Is this normal?

Hissa

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2021-07-11 20:08:44 »
Hi,

I finished a run with only randomized items and materia locations,Stronger enemies (40% stronger) random starting gear and it worked really good. But there where some problems:

-Some Items crashed the game or caused a game over in battle (Hi-Potion and Mega Elixir).
-Sometimes I got a Mataria but it did not end up in my invetory. For example Huge Materia.
-Some Materia seem to not got Randomized. Like Knights of the Rounds (or I was unlucky).
-Shops do not have randomized Items and Materia.
-I got like 5 Alexander an 7 Enemy Skills Materia but that is not an real issue.

It is really fun to play the game again with settings like this.
What got me puzzled is that one of the greatest games of all time do not have the same support like an Ocarina of Time Randomizer.

I hope we can get some updates in the future like randomized shops.
You guys did a really a great job and thank you for making the game fresh again.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2021-07-12 12:38:40 »
Hey all,

I have recently discovered that this randomizer exists and I'm looking to explore it's features and functionality. I am however a little confused on what is happening with the randomizer as the "quick randomization" options don't really describe what is being changed?

If I where to click on "Weapon Data" what is being changed/shuffled? Is it purely the weapons and their locations or is it going further and shuffling the abilities/stats/slots as well? Is there a way to control just how much is being changed?

Kind regards and thanks in advance!

Hi, I also found this randomizer recently. So far I have encountered random enemies that freeze the game, and got soft locked after 7 hours when Sephiroth kept healing the "red dragon" randomized enemy. I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to be able to complete a seed because of all the errors. Is this normal?

Hi,

I finished a run with only randomized items and materia locations,Stronger enemies (40% stronger) random starting gear and it worked really good. But there where some problems:

-Some Items crashed the game or caused a game over in battle (Hi-Potion and Mega Elixir).
-Sometimes I got a Mataria but it did not end up in my invetory. For example Huge Materia.
-Some Materia seem to not got Randomized. Like Knights of the Rounds (or I was unlucky).
-Shops do not have randomized Items and Materia.
-I got like 5 Alexander an 7 Enemy Skills Materia but that is not an real issue.

It is really fun to play the game again with settings like this.
What got me puzzled is that one of the greatest games of all time do not have the same support like an Ocarina of Time Randomizer.

I hope we can get some updates in the future like randomized shops.
You guys did a really a great job and thank you for making the game fresh again.

The randomiser is in a bit of a bad spot right now, from what I saw during my rebuild it looks like it might actually be doing the reverse than what was intended for model swapping (in that it's swapping enemies that are dangerous/unreliable to model swap only instead of only swapping safe ones). I need to try and get a new build of this out soon.

kurumiwings

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2021-11-22 23:44:30 »
Hey Chief!
Not sure if this is relevent or not but I got a softlock in the Aps fight with 'heavy' randomiser preset.
I'm assuming it's because of the changed attack animation not causing him to take damage and as such not ending the turn, but i'm no expert in these things.
Hope you're well. Awesome mod! Is it playable alongside New Threat? :O
« Last Edit: 2021-11-24 09:42:51 by kurumiwings »