Author Topic: New scriptdumper  (Read 2012 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
New scriptdumper
« on: 2006-07-09 21:47:19 »
Hi there...

I've been posting this in Q-gears, but thought I would go here for a general annoucnement.

I've started to write some "support software" for q-gears, and one of them was bassive headway into a script dumper for FF7. Now I really should call this YASD. (Yet another script dumper) but it could possably be confused with YASD, which is "Yet Another Silly Death" in the game "nethack" <--- A game you should really play. Word of warning, it's a *really* hard RPG.

Anyway I've gotten the program to the point where it's pretty much beta now. The source is availiable via SVN. If some kind soul want to compile it for our win32 friends, that would be cool. I'll toss the executable on sourceforge then so eveyone can download it.

Here are lots bug, but I want to get this out first....

-The KAWAI opcode arguments are not fetched as it's a varible length opcode.
-Most (all?) of the opcodes are not properly parsed. It just gives a dump of bytes that make up the arguments
-This only works with uncompressed PC field files. PSX support should be trivial, but I'm really burnt out on it.
-BASE and INIT lables can be misplaced in script 0, but they are labels anyway and BASE is a suggestion.

I would like some patches if you guys ant to fix anything. I'm put LOTS of comments in there to help even the newbie programmers. It's a console app (Non-gui) so if you want to help.... This is something you can try.

If you are one of the programmers gow have made a partally-done script dumper and want to donate some code.. I could use the support.

Anyways, have fun,.