Author Topic: About Editing Weapon Stats  (Read 4528 times)

SephirothClone

• View Profile
About Editing Weapon Stats
« on: 2008-06-27 10:56:52 »
Is there a way I could make the Ragnorak with the Sephiroth Patch match Sephiroth's real masamune by editing the Kernel?

I think I saw it on FFVII Wiki Wiki. Could someone help me make its Attack Power: 99 Attack % 255 and No Materia Growth by giving me the hex codes please. Cause I suck at hex editing. I decompiled the kernel file but this is freakin greek to me man :(

I have Cygnus Editor if it helps any to help me.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-27 11:34:40 by SephirothClone »

auxili160

• View Profile
Re: About Editing Weapon Stats
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-27 19:37:46 »
With how much changes you want to make to the game so far, I think it'd be best to learn how to edit the kernels or whatever it is that you need to edit. :P

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-27 19:41:02 »
but the hex editing is so darn greek to me.

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-29 21:38:31 »
a kernel editor is here you can edit weapon stats

link http://files.filefront.com/WallMarketzip/;12110393;/fileinfo.html

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-30 02:43:29 »
Yup, the recently-made WallMarket is fantastic for editing the Kernel. Interestingly it works on both the PC and PSX versions of Kernel.bin too, and can deal with languages other than English (ie, it works with a German PSX kernel.bin file!)

I love WallMarket :)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-30 12:36:02 »
You could try that and make the model ID for the Ragnarök (as it should be spelled :) ) the same as the Masamune's, but I think they're character specific. Many weapons share similar model IDs, but never on the same character. As the author of WM, I can't guarantee any type of results from this. Certainly try it first, but make sure you know what you've changed it from if it doesn't work. Unless I've been misinformed and that part isn't really model ID, you'd probably be better off with a model editor that you could actually replace Ragnarok's model with the Masamune. Leviathan might be able to do that. FiceLZS from that same page would at least let you decompress all the models and replace the two.

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-02 14:50:48 »
i always use wallmarket its cool!