Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210990 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Red XIII werewolf mod
« Reply #250 on: 2014-08-04 18:15:48 »
Cloud has the most animations. However I would still use Barret's skeleton. Reason one: Barret is a bulky character. Reason two: Cloud has no animation for Aerith death scene. Vincent could be also interesting because his skeleton would allow extra hair animation.

For the weapon skeleton. It would be the perfect skeleton if he wants to do all of the other animations but it has all bones he would need.
It is stored in the world_us.lgp for PC.

« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 18:20:59 by Kaldarasha »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2014-08-04 19:17:07 »
Just because Cloud has no animation intended for Aeris' death scene, doesn't mean we can't use a similar one.

I myself stated before I already have Nanaki with 100% human animations, I only have it with Cloud's skeleton, but we can use Barret, all we need to do is replace Nanaki's animations with Barrets, which would take under an hour with the animation list, and even if we didn't have it, it would take around 2-3 hours at most to take notes using the new kimera and then swap them.

Would anyone be interested in me making a tutorial on this?

As for using the diamond skeleton, we would have to make so many different animations for him that it would take far too long.

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2014-08-04 19:22:39 »
I would LOVE a tutorial on how you converted nanaki to a human

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2014-08-04 19:24:36 »
What skeleton do you want Red Werewolf to use? Cloud or Barret?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2014-08-04 19:25:39 »
Cloud is my opinion on the best transition. Does anyone feel Barrett would be better. If so why?

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2014-08-04 19:33:13 »
Barret is naturally 'slouched' and he often bends his knees and has much broader and overall wider animations, his shock/angry animation has him shaking his arms in anger like he's about to knock someone's lights out.

Cloud is upright and has a 'stiff' animation set by comparison, which would go better with Nanaki's personality and could be used to create a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde situation where he battles with his inner demons, and if you do involve him in any story changes, his grandfather could be trying to help him control his urges, which could have been intensified after his father was murdered by the Gi tribe. (believing his father was murdered could easily allow him to have more hatred, as opposed to shame in believing that his father simply fled.) and seeing his father in 'peace' could be used to teach a new limit break or something.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #256 on: 2014-08-04 19:37:05 »
Looking through the animations I see a lot of potential with Barret. It's a nice big skeleton with animations perfectly tailored to it. Cloud's much leaner, and his animations show that. It also seems that Barret's skeleton is able to open Clouds animations too though, so there's plenty to work with (though they may need to be cleaned up in kimera) Skeleton wise in general it makes very little difference.

Cloud maybe easier though, and looking at Barrets walking and running animations it could either look awesome or horrible lol. It seems the main difference between the two are their feet, Barret's go straight down while Clouds bend and stick out ahead of him. Fixing this for either skeleton would be very simple, so there's a lot to work with here. So maybe use Clouds skeleton and any particularly animations from Barret that work best.

With all that in mind this seems pretty figured out now. I may have missed some of the talk for the battle model. Any ideas for Red XIII's Limit Breaks and other attacks and being able to use magic?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 19:54:50 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2014-08-04 20:00:33 »
Lets go with Barrett then and we can adjust the leg movements as we go?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2014-08-04 20:09:51 »
Lets go with Cloud then and we can adjust the animations as we go.

Sorry I changed my mind Kuroda.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2014-08-04 20:17:19 »
Lets go with Cloud then and we can adjust the animations as we go.

Sorry I changed my mind Kuroda.

lol after angling the feet 90 degrees for any of Barret's animation files that are needed it wont really matter. Doing so only takes a minute too.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2014-08-04 20:19:08 »
Lol ok. Kuroda go ahead with Barett. Whatever you have started on just keep going and ignore my indecisiveness. LoL

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2014-08-04 21:06:34 »
I have the tutorial finished here.

---

-Final Fantasy 7 Tutorials By Kuroda Masahiro-
How to make Nanaki a human.

1 - First we need to begin by changing the battle skeleton, for all intents and purposes, we’ll be using Barret’s skeletons.

2 - Barret’s battle skeletons are sbaa, scaa, sdaa and seaa, each one is used for different battle animations for his weapons, the standard one is sbaa, which has the initial weapon.

3 – Use Kimera 0.95 onwards and save sbaa as rwaa which will overwrite Nanaki’s battle model.

4 – In order for this to take effect, we need to create a new battle.lgp instead of simply inserting the model, this will prevent issues, such as crashing and missing body parts.

5 – In order to ensure the battle animations work correctly, we need to change his limit breaks and weapon information, but that can come afterwards.

6 – The real meat of the change is the field side, field models and animations are stored separately to allow for different models to make use of them, and in terms of these animations, from the playable characters, there are 9 skeletons with their own animations.

7 – For simplicity we shall refer to them as follows:
Cloud is Skeleton A
Aeris is Skeleton B
Barret is Skeleton C
Tifa is Skeleton D
Nanaki is Skeleton E
Yuffie is Skeleton F
Cait Sith is Skeleton G
Vincent is Skeleton H
And Cid is Skeleton I.

8 – In terms of the NPCs, the vast majority use Skeleton A and B, so it is not recommended to change the playable characters on the field for who is Cloud or Aeris because of this, but this means we can make any of the 7 barring the latter with any of the 9 skeletons.

9 – In order to do this, we need to identify what the animations are, for the sake of this tutorial, we shall replace Nanaki with Skeleton C.

10 – In Kimera 0.97a, open adda.hrc and click on ‘Show har.lgp DB’ which will open up the list of what models use which animations, from there, we need to find adda.hrc (Nanaki) and make a list of every animation that he can use.

11 – A basic list example is this:
aeae.a -
aeaf.a -
aeba.a -
ajgc.a -
aqae.a -
aqaf.a -
dcia.a -
egce.a -
ecbe.a -
egcf.a -
ajgd.a –

12 – Then we need to load each of these animations using Kimera and list what does what, like so.

aeae.a - Idle
aeaf.a - Walk
aeba.a - Run
ajgc.a – Shaking Head
aqae.a - limp walk or shoulder barge
aqaf.a – Sniffing or looking up
dcia.a - Howling
egce.a – Lying down, tail shaking.
ecbe.a – Getting up and sitting down again
egcf.a – Sitting down and getting up again
ajgd.a – Scratching his ear

13 – Now we need to find out what animations Barret has, we do this by opening acgd.hrc, which is Barret and making a list of every animation that he can use, like so.

adcb.a –
adcc.a –
adcd.a –
hojf.a –
aqad.a –
byfe.a –
hpaa.a –
didb.a –
caga.a –
didc.a –
agga.a –

14 – Then we open and find out what each of these animations do, like so.

adcb.a – Idle
adcc.a – Walk
adcd.a – Run
hojf.a – Stretching, but his feet are 90 degrees up.
aqad.a – Waist and leg wiggle
byfe.a –Waist and leg wiggle opposite direction.
hpaa.a – Raising right arm to point, then shakes his head
didb.a – Shrugging
caga.a – Handing someone something with his left hand.
didc.a – Beckoning someone to come over with his right hand.
agga.a – Disheartened, tired or angry looking down and shaking hands and shoulders.

15 – Then from the lists we compiled, we find what animations can be used instead of each one, then we copy each of the default animations to a secondary location, back them up before actually switching them over in case we make a mistake.

16 – Now that we have the animations sorted, we need to get the field skeletons sorted, to begin with, copy and rename acgd.hrc to something else, such as ncgd.hrc and then open it with a hex editor.

17 – Change every single model part, texture and rsd from axxx to the same name, except with an nxxx instead.

18 – Save it as adda.hrc.

19 – Now you can change the new Nanaki’s field and battle model to whatever you want and it won’t have any issues physically loading.

–Fixing the limit breaks and weapon data-

20 – You can use Wallmarket to directly change Nanaki’s limit breaks to Barret’s under the character information, and simply copy all of the weapon data for Barret’s wepons across to Nanaki, pay special attention to the attack sound, effect and whether its long range or not.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2014-08-04 21:26:49 »
That looks pretty good to me. Though I thought the Galian Beast was being used for the battle model. It's perfect for a Werewolf.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2014-08-04 21:31:03 »
Galiant Beast is being used, this is a tutorial on how to replace Nanaki with a normal character, such as Cloud, Barret, Cid, etc.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2014-08-04 21:47:32 »
Ya for my situation I'm starting on step 16 as I already have the battle model complete. Prior to step 16 is for a general change.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2014-08-04 21:49:50 »
any screens of the finished red werewolf's battle side?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2014-08-04 22:03:31 »
I'm hoping to get him finished tonight. I work mon-fri 10:30am-7pm CST. I'm having a problem with the textures mapping correctly. I'm going to send pieces and textures to CMH tonight and he's gonna take a look at it tomorrow. Individually the textures import to kimera fine but if I attempt to combine all textures to one they are too small for the part when it's in kimera

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2014-08-04 22:43:45 »
I'm hoping to get him finished tonight. I work mon-fri 10:30am-7pm CST. I'm having a problem with the textures mapping correctly. I'm going to send pieces and textures to CMH tonight and he's gonna take a look at it tomorrow. Individually the textures import to kimera fine but if I attempt to combine all textures to one they are too small for the part when it's in kimera

You mean the unconverted model, right? Kuroda's asking about the battle model, because they way you phrased that it sounds like it's totally done lol. All the model really needs is a single texture (or two or three at most that I can put into a single one) and pieces cut and filled. I'll try to get as much imported tomorrow as possible. It's not a difficult model to work with (the Galian Beast) so I don't foresee it taking long. By the way, what's the final word on the field model? If the battle model goes well I can get that started. Barret or Cloud?

Also, for the field model's hands, make sure you pose them before sending everything over. They'll be static in the game, in comparison to the battle model, so make sure you like how they look. Take a look at the claw on Kaldarasha's Vincent model if you need a good reference.   
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 22:46:00 by cmh175 »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2014-08-04 22:59:56 »
The final field model (should) be Barret, I sorted and changed every single one of Nanaki's field animations to be Barret from Wolfman's request, so I certainly hope I didn't spend 2 and a half hours for nothing.

When you finish the field conversion, I'll link you the proper field animations.

...I know I need to share it and I am willing to, but part of me doesn't want to let it go until it's absolutely necessary.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2014-08-04 23:10:04 »
The final field model (should) be Barret, I sorted and changed every single one of Nanaki's field animations to be Barret from Wolfman's request, so I certainly hope I didn't spend 2 and a half hours for nothing.

When you finish the field conversion, I'll link you the proper field animations.

...I know I need to share it and I am willing to, but part of me doesn't want to let it go until it's absolutely necessary.

No that's fine, just wanted to make sure there was a final decision before I did anything. Manually editing hrc and rsd files totally sucks so I only plan to do it once lol. Barret should work just fine, and we can always steal animations from Cloud too if needed.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2014-08-04 23:11:48 »
Good grief I see what ya mean. I am having a severe case of the mondays. lol. I'll check out Kaldarasha's claw on the vincent model. i kind of like this pose here for the hands. open and some what relaxed

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2014-08-04 23:15:39 »
Thank you Kuroda. I will be getting this stuff over to CMH and get the battle model finished. I cannot express my gratefulness enough. I have learned soo much from you guys. Thank you. I can't wait to do more now that I am almost done with one character. I feel like with what you have all taught me I can be much more efficient. 

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2014-08-04 23:20:39 »
Thank you Kuroda. I will be getting this stuff over to CMH and get the battle model finished. I cannot express my gratefulness enough. I have learned soo much from you guys. Thank you. I can't wait to do more now that I am almost done with one character. I feel like with what you have all taught me I can be much more efficient.

This was also a massive undertaking for a first project lol. My first import was a crappy Cid model that never got finished.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2014-08-04 23:34:26 »
LoL. Thanks cmh. I've felt responsible for getting this done since the day I opened my virtual mouth. You know how many times I wanted to delete my username and walk away and I just can't.

chasedark

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2014-08-04 23:54:14 »
LoL. Thanks cmh. I've felt responsible for getting this done since the day I opened my virtual mouth. You know how many times I wanted to delete my username and walk away and I just can't.

I'm having that same problem even though my mod is only private(And will remain that way until I can get rid of the copyrighted models with some that I eventually can learn to make myself) and I've only been working on this mod for two weeks Lol.