Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] Omzy's Field Pack - dramatically improved backgrounds! (2013-07-13)  (Read 275422 times)

Mako

• View Profile
If you're using Photoshop, when you are reducing to 2x are you using Bicubic Sharper (best for reduction) or Nearest Neighbor (preserve hard edges)? Bicubic sharper will sharpen the image whereas nearest neighbor will simply resize it without any filters.

Yeah, but as I stated there is a drop in quality...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87158028/00%20FFVII/ff7%20original.png
^Yours

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87158028/00%20FFVII/ff7%20nearest%20neighbor.png
^Nearest Neighbor

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87158028/00%20FFVII/ff7%20bicubic.png
^Bicubic Sharper

As you can see the difference is slight. But noticeable.

EDIT: Fixed original link...
« Last Edit: 2012-08-22 10:05:33 by Mako »

MrValle

is there a way to build a working .lgp with these new field pictures?

Kompass63

• View Profile
is there a way to build a working .lgp with these new field pictures?

A large 3GB lgp file?
Why that?

Mako

• View Profile
Mr Valle there is no need... Aali's driver reads these from the mod folder.

MrValle

But im playing the re-release of FFVII and aalis driver dont work with that. Thats why im wondering. It would rock my world if there is a workaround for this.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
the work around is called convert your game to the old version

MrValle

thats a bad workaround

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Not for me.
Or anyone who doesn't care about crappy achievements, derp saves and hacks.
That means: everyone who actually plays videogames instead of fails at them.

bloodygood

• View Profile
I believe instead of making fun of the persons choices for wanting to simply modify the original flevel.lgp it would be better to answer their question. Or don't respond to them if you don't know the answer. I personally have been working on doing exactly the same thing they are asking about. And the problem I am running in to is repacking the new field maps into the original .dec for each field location. This is partially due to having to first reconstruct the original full maps from the files that the driver reads.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Im sure on smaller screens like mine you won't notice the jaggy lines on 2x but of course if it's a bigger screen it's much more visible, perhaps there can be 2 versions?

MrValle

Plus, i dont own the old copy of FFVII. And i dont pirate it like most others does. Also i dont want to ducttape fix the game with all thoes patches and stuffs. I just want to mod it with better gfx.

bloodygood

• View Profile
Omzy, would it be possible to get a zip of all of the original files. non-converted for the driver?
Example: These files
Code: [Select]
mds7_0_00000000.png mds7_0_00000128.png mds7_0_00000129.pnginstead of these files.
Code: [Select]
mds7_00_00.png mds7_01_00.png mds7_02_00.png mds7_03_00.png

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Plus, i dont own the old copy of FFVII. And i dont pirate it like most others does. Also i dont want to ducttape fix the game with all thoes patches and stuffs. I just want to mod it with better gfx.

PitBrat is aiming for Bootleg 0040 to automatically convert and patch the 2012 FF7, so there will be options in the future. Run Bootleg 0040 or wait for the above poster to make the lgp file. Your call  :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Chill, Kuugen. Preferring the old version is just fine. Getting nasty about it and flaming is not.

MrValle

PitBrat is aiming for Bootleg 0040 to automatically convert and patch the 2012 FF7, so there will be options in the future. Run Bootleg 0040 or wait for the above poster to make the lgp file. Your call  :)

Sorry for the questions but, is it possible to make an working lgp file with the Omzys field pack? If so could i trouble someone to write a fast tutorial on that?

EDIT: I will have to wait for bootleg 0040
« Last Edit: 2012-08-22 16:40:01 by MrValle »

asurus

The Download of the field pack stops at 2 gb...and the rar-files are corrupt.

Salk

• View Profile
I and many others have downloaded it quickly (Google Drive is the best) and no files were corrupted.

mumu932

hello everyone.
I have the 2012 version of Final Fantasy 7, I'd like to know how to install games on this version.
I do not want to downgrade the game to version 98

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Hello everybody. Sorry for my noobish but.. what is the difference between this pack and the facePalmer ?
It's FacePalmer improved textures again ?
Thanks a lot

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
hello everyone.
I have the 2012 version of Final Fantasy 7, I'd like to know how to install games on this version.
I do not want to downgrade the game to version 98

This is currently all you can use with the 2012 version: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13424.0

To fully mod the game, you will need to convert to the 1998 version.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Hello everybody. Sorry for my noobish but.. what is the difference between this pack and the facePalmer ?
It's FacePalmer improved textures again ?
Thanks a lot

This is FacePalmer's textures. We report the bugs here, and he releases new packs with the fixes. Until the next release of Bootleg, it requires a manual install which is to simply copy/paste them to ...\mods\Bootleg\field inside your FF7 installation folder.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Thanks a lot for your answer. So, this pack is exactly the same thing than FacePalmer + the 4 files(FixedLightingTextures, FixedMissingFiles, etc..) ?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Yep  :)

mumu932

This is currently all you can use with the 2012 version: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13424.0

To fully mod the game, you will need to convert to the 1998 version.
and how did it?