Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4923490 times)

dvsblack

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9425 on: 2020-05-11 07:13:41 »
That's worrying; when used normally, does enemy launcher only hit all enemies or does it hit all enemies + all allies? I remember changing it from the global targeting because it broke with certain command materia but if it's still breaking with multi-cut then I'll need to either change the targeting parameter on multi-cut (assuming that works) or ditch multi-targeting on weapons (unless setting toggle flag allows it to work properly). Will do some tests.

Could buff fury ring but the status itself gives 1.5x extra damage on its own if I remember right. I'll raise it and see how it goes; I've some other things to fix up too.

This quote is from a long time ago but i'm currently playing through this awesome re-make and thought i'd toss in my take on it as well as many others here... but i'll keep it brief.

Two strats i found / abused made the game a bit too easy and hopefully they'd be nerfed out.

unlike the poster above i actually found the berserk ring to be very strong, maybe even too strong.

for a good portion of the game I would put berserk ring and all the +str/luk summon materia on a single character, even crazier after you get the gigas armlet... they are hitting early-mid game for like 3-5k damage... it's too much for that point in the game and made a lot of the bosses super easy. (and if i remember counter attack materia still works and they hit hard with that too).  also if you combine this with reds life leech weapon can be kinda disgusting as well.

but the utterly broken thing which i breezed through the game with up until aeris leaves the party is this combo... Aeris heal staff + added effect + barrier.  As soon as i got this combo going nothing could touch me... with this combo the game is easier the original game.  for some reason enemy magic was often healing me.

Jnaypauer

• View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: 2020-05-11 07:36:33 »
Hi, I'm quite far along in the mod but would like to update it now that the sunken ship chest is fixed.  Do I just download the new installer and run it over the old version?  I don't want to lose my progress  :|

Ketsuban

• View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: 2020-05-11 09:44:15 »
So I finally beat the mod, played it on normal mode since it's been years that I've played FF7 and wanted something new, while I pretty much forgot all the details of the game.
Man, it was quite the experience! Not too easy, not too hard, never unfair
Spoiler: show
except maybe Ozma, at first I thought FFX Nemesis was a bit unfair too but then I learned he was susceptible to frog (thank god for Hades)

I went into the mod blind, I did look up where I could find certain optional bosses since I didn't want to miss anything but I tried my best not to get spoilered on what the actual bosses do.
Just one little question, is Arrange mode wildly different (different treasure, new bosses, etc.), or is it just some minor difficulty tweaks to make the base mod harder?

I know I could easily google this, but once again in the case it is wildly different I don't want to spoil the changes for me :P

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: 2020-05-11 10:59:34 »
You're a GD saint, sir.

Just an FYI but encountered a very strange bug the other day on the first visit to Cosmo Canyon. Cloud runs in a solo party right before you meet Bugenhagen for the first time. I did a rank up at that time, and accidentally did "PHS" which then forced me to create a 3 person party. This must have thrown off the game because Bugenhagen was already in the observatory during that first cut scene when Red introduces you. He even said his line for later "come on in.. the door is unlocked". Seemed strange at first but the dialogue still goes and then the game seems to proceed as normal. However, when you return again to watch the planetarium, the FMV gets all jacked up and the game does not advance. I eventually just loaded an old save and it worked. Not a huge deal but just thought you might want to know.

It'll be due to my save point change re-enabling PHS when it shouldn't be.

Hello, right now I am trying to get the best weapons for each character but I cannot not get Barret Max Ray weapon from the Armored Golem. I tired Morph, Steal, and letting it drop but for some reason it does not drop.

The drop won't happen if a Steal is made, the rate for drop should be maxed on the latest version; are you using the catalog IRO or the IRO from this thread? Try the one from this thread if not.

This quote is from a long time ago but i'm currently playing through this awesome re-make and thought i'd toss in my take on it as well as many others here... but i'll keep it brief.

Two strats i found / abused made the game a bit too easy and hopefully they'd be nerfed out.

unlike the poster above i actually found the berserk ring to be very strong, maybe even too strong.

for a good portion of the game I would put berserk ring and all the +str/luk summon materia on a single character, even crazier after you get the gigas armlet... they are hitting early-mid game for like 3-5k damage... it's too much for that point in the game and made a lot of the bosses super easy. (and if i remember counter attack materia still works and they hit hard with that too).  also if you combine this with reds life leech weapon can be kinda disgusting as well.

but the utterly broken thing which i breezed through the game with up until aeris leaves the party is this combo... Aeris heal staff + added effect + barrier.  As soon as i got this combo going nothing could touch me... with this combo the game is easier the original game.  for some reason enemy magic was often healing me.

I've adjusted some of the damage modifiers for 2.0, but not Berserk so I'll have a look at that.

Letting Barrier Materia attach to Added Effect was a bad mistake. I left it on there because a few people did speedruns of NT and it relied on that. It'll be gone from the 2.0 build though.

Hi, I'm quite far along in the mod but would like to update it now that the sunken ship chest is fixed.  Do I just download the new installer and run it over the old version?  I don't want to lose my progress  :|

Unlike a ROM, you can just patch over your files with new versions and save files will be retained. Just run the installer over the files and all should be well but make a backup of the FF7/Data folder and your saves before proceeding just to be on the safe side.

So I finally beat the mod, played it on normal mode since it's been years that I've played FF7 and wanted something new, while I pretty much forgot all the details of the game.
Man, it was quite the experience! Not too easy, not too hard, never unfair
Spoiler: show
except maybe Ozma, at first I thought FFX Nemesis was a bit unfair too but then I learned he was susceptible to frog (thank god for Hades)

I went into the mod blind, I did look up where I could find certain optional bosses since I didn't want to miss anything but I tried my best not to get spoilered on what the actual bosses do.
Just one little question, is Arrange mode wildly different (different treasure, new bosses, etc.), or is it just some minor difficulty tweaks to make the base mod harder?

I know I could easily google this, but once again in the case it is wildly different I don't want to spoil the changes for me :P

Arrange is more like tweaks at the moment, nothing outlandishly different save for some of the bosses being swapped out for variants or a spin being put on the fight. The arrange mode in 2.0 will be drastically different with event changes; I'm looking to get that released by the end of this month.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: 2020-05-11 11:04:05 »
hey sega chief

since arrange mode is gonna be different on 2.0 of your NT mod

do you think i should start off with normal mode on your 2.0 mod then after it gets released

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: 2020-05-11 13:48:52 »
hey sega chief

since arrange mode is gonna be different on 2.0 of your NT mod

do you think i should start off with normal mode on your 2.0 mod then after it gets released

There's enough changed in Normal mode of 2.0 to warrant that being the first playthrough even if you've been through NT in the past.

brakthir

• View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: 2020-05-11 16:23:43 »
Quick question guys. I'm assuming if you wish to go back to vanilla FF7 during a playthrough of NT, it isn't possible?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: 2020-05-11 18:30:36 »
Depends on how it was installed. If it's the IRO, you can deactivate it. If it's the installer, you need to either do a file validation to restore the files (Steam) or reinstall (1998). If you made a backup copy of the data folder before installation then you can revert that way (I typically keep a default copy of the Data folder so I can quickly swap between NT and default for testing).

Also, you can try this installer to revert affected files to default: https://mega.nz/file/i50xQRaZ#_tqb7dQiZgyH0TMOC5cjK-DTRe98aVfU8vO4T2AEs7w

Save files will function from NT to vanilla, though you may see some visual glitches with the exp gauges; these correct once the character levels up.

Dan297na

• View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: 2020-05-11 19:00:44 »
Minor thing I found.  Aerith's Wizard staff description says it restores HP, when it actually restores MP.

thunderbreak

• View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: 2020-05-11 20:07:34 »
On the subject of Aerith' weapons. Her Princess Guard targets enemy by default, where her other HP recovery weapons target the team by default.

Ketsuban

• View Profile
« Reply #9435 on: 2020-05-11 20:30:49 »
There's enough changed in Normal mode of 2.0 to warrant that being the first playthrough even if you've been through NT in the past.

oh man I'm getting hyped, gonna be the first time I replay an RPG in the same year :P

Dan297na

• View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: 2020-05-11 21:57:21 »
I'm doing the dark cave now and noticed a glitch in Aerith's house.  There is a soldier on the second floor, and when you talk to him he says, "where can she have gone".  If you speak to him again after that the game locks up.

Ozscar

• View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: 2020-05-12 00:51:00 »
Loving this mod so far. One thing that is bugging me is Yuffie's feet... she's walking on stubs. Is this something anyone else is experiencing? I have played around with the mods and it persists.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: 2020-05-12 02:04:19 »
Loving this mod so far. One thing that is bugging me is Yuffie's feet... she's walking on stubs. Is this something anyone else is experiencing? I have played around with the mods and it persists.

Had that too. Are you using Ninostyle models? For some reason it works when I have "Battle Models - Qhimm Catalog" load first with Yuffie set to "No Change". I then have "Ninostyle - Battle Models" load after with Yuffie set to the model. You can download the Ninostyle specific IRO from Nexus Mods Manager.

Apekatt

• View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: 2020-05-12 09:16:05 »
Hi, first I just want to say that this is an excellent mod and I've been having a blast playing through it.

However, when I attempt to play the Dark Cave I've encountered my first game breaking bug. When Cloud wakes up next to Barret they have a few lines back and forth. Finally Barret says something along the lines of "Whatever, let's go" and Cloud turns to him. Nothing more happens after this though, I cannot control my character and there is no new dialogue prompt. It's as if they game is waiting for another line but nothing is said.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestion how to fix it? Would be fun to be able to play all the added content before finishing Northern Crater.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: 2020-05-12 13:14:47 »
Minor thing I found.  Aerith's Wizard staff description says it restores HP, when it actually restores MP.
On the subject of Aerith' weapons. Her Princess Guard targets enemy by default, where her other HP recovery weapons target the team by default.

Also cursed, feel like I've fixed this several times in the past.

I'm doing the dark cave now and noticed a glitch in Aerith's house.  There is a soldier on the second floor, and when you talk to him he says, "where can she have gone".  If you speak to him again after that the game locks up.

Will sort out.

Hi, first I just want to say that this is an excellent mod and I've been having a blast playing through it.

However, when I attempt to play the Dark Cave I've encountered my first game breaking bug. When Cloud wakes up next to Barret they have a few lines back and forth. Finally Barret says something along the lines of "Whatever, let's go" and Cloud turns to him. Nothing more happens after this though, I cannot control my character and there is no new dialogue prompt. It's as if they game is waiting for another line but nothing is said.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestion how to fix it? Would be fun to be able to play all the added content before finishing Northern Crater.

Is this on the catalog IRO or this thread's IRO? I think the cause was an unassigned animation. If using the thread IRO, then try deactivating animation/model mods temporarily then reactivating them once you reach the first save point.

Apekatt

• View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: 2020-05-12 13:46:02 »
I've been using the thread IRO. Got it, will try to deactivate all other mods and see what happens. Didn't try it before posting since everything else has been working smoothly. :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: 2020-05-12 13:57:09 »
Updates

Changelog (since Catalog Update)
*) Battle Costume options added
) Fix for Tifa's Lv.4 Limit Boss Fight (wrong ID)
) Fix for Bizarro battle selection (1 party)
) Bug with one of Bizarro's attacks

) NPC would appear during Midgar Raid during wrong conditions
) Sources given by Randomiser Option in Rank Up menu fixed
) Battle Square; oversight where Cloud wouldn't be added back to the Party if using a different party leader
) Dragoon Lance chest added to Sacred Fire Cave
) Supershot ST chest in the Gelnika placed (and fixed)

12th May
*) Controller Button Icons Added; ESUI has updated to support this, along with an option to swap buttons for Confirm/Cancel which is compatible with NT (thanks Chrysalis)
) Changed default targeting of Princess Guard
) Changed Text of Wizard Staff description to MP instead of HP
) Softlock on NPC talk script in Elmyra's House (Dark Cave sidequest)

NT now uses controller buttons for its prompts. By default these are the PSX buttons with Circle as Confirm. If you use ESUI, you can swap the button prompts to XBox ones and flip the Confirm/Cancel buttons (if you use X/A as your confirm, instead of Circle/B). Use the new option within ESUI for swapping Confirm/Cancel instead of the separate Controller Addon IRO.

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/v1NWGCqY#Usfnk-lM3xgKijOsR0YMUZH-4UxriHINsXHuCW7F8CU

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/vtVSTSDZ#y4Oz_BuNPd-L_DbXJ67h5sl1LrrmMzTIYT38VpYUbgw
« Last Edit: 2020-05-12 13:59:56 by Sega Chief »

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: 2020-05-12 14:12:43 »
Wondering if anyone else has run into this. A search on the forum gave no results.

The Hypnocrown seems to be absent during my play through of 1.5. Nearing the end of Disc 1 and Cait Sith did not come equipped with this accessory, nor was it a steal-able item from the Hecteyes as the Enemy Items doc says.

Was it removed in this version of the mod?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: 2020-05-12 22:42:50 »
Wondering if anyone else has run into this. A search on the forum gave no results.

The Hypnocrown seems to be absent during my play through of 1.5. Nearing the end of Disc 1 and Cait Sith did not come equipped with this accessory, nor was it a steal-able item from the Hecteyes as the Enemy Items doc says.

Was it removed in this version of the mod?

Should be in a chest in the cliff behind the Forgotten City (this screen):

OLKv3

• View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: 2020-05-13 01:12:32 »
I just turned in the guidebook and the game just won't let me pick up the Gold Chocobo reward. Cloud just says the stable is full even though I don't own a Chocobo. I'm playing the latest version that you released yesterday

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: 2020-05-13 01:53:33 »
I just turned in the guidebook and the game just won't let me pick up the Gold Chocobo reward. Cloud just says the stable is full even though I don't own a Chocobo. I'm playing the latest version that you released yesterday

Just to rule this out, have you bought all 6 stable spaces? I haven't altered the script itself so maybe there's some quirk with it.

OLKv3

• View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: 2020-05-13 02:28:18 »
Just to rule this out, have you bought all 6 stable spaces? I haven't altered the script itself so maybe there's some quirk with it.

...I'm a moron. I completely forgot to buy the stable spaces. Sorry for wasting your time, this is embarrassing.  :-(

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: 2020-05-13 12:50:14 »
I'm just glad I don't have to go into that stables script.

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: 2020-05-13 13:53:31 »
Should be in a chest in the cliff behind the Forgotten City (this screen):

/smacks head

DOH, okay, have not yet visited the City of the Ancients! Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled!