Author Topic: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud  (Read 228765 times)

Sancez

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud
« Reply #225 on: 2012-08-21 08:30:16 »
Great!! Thanks a lot man!!  ;D

freshness82

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2012-08-21 17:12:15 »
Great to see the re-release of this awesome model! Can't wait for the release of the canon model...keep up the amazing work good sir!

Asmodean

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2012-08-21 19:35:10 »
Respect for your determination, getting this out again updated. Well done mate.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2012-08-22 21:55:35 »
Thanks for unlocking the thread  ;)

I promise I'll get to work on New Canon Cloud as soon as I can. (I have a website to build and some portfolio art pieces to make first)

And I'll let yall in on the work in progress goodness

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2012-08-23 02:42:39 »
That was my bad,  with all the new threads popping up I sometimes only glance at a thread to see if it needs to be moved or deleted (or locked in this case).  It seemed this was the thread for the upcoming release, so I locked it once I saw your new thread pop up. 

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2012-08-23 06:09:38 »
That was my bad,  with all the new threads popping up I sometimes only glance at a thread to see if it needs to be moved or deleted (or locked in this case).  It seemed this was the thread for the upcoming release, so I locked it once I saw your new thread pop up.

In any case thank you buddy!  ;)

On another note... I just uploaded a desktop background render of the Buster Sword I made for New Canon Cloud on my website domain (The site isn't up yet...)

Desktop Background 2560X1440

Not a bad render for a model that uses a 512x512 texture map! (Although I did slightly tool the edges here and there for this picture, nothing too dramatic)

freshness82

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2012-08-24 05:02:06 »
yay for hi-rez version!! Love this render..

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2012-08-24 08:21:16 »
Here's what I call research...  ;D  When you need someone to pose for ya...  and no one's around... what do you do? Take pictures of yourself!

Yes that's me. Thankfully I'm built similarly to Cloud (Except he has long legs and I have short legs...) But you get the idea. I'm drawing some Cloud concept art to see what my ideas look like. I'll have those up soon.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #233 on: 2012-08-24 08:23:26 »
Forget the new canon cloud, I want a model of Apz to play as Apz.
Maybe with some leveled up fashion sense.

xenokain

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2012-08-24 09:10:53 »
If we cant get Apz as a model ingame at least we know whos playing the role of wolverine in the next xmen movie  ;)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #235 on: 2012-08-24 09:15:30 »
I think he needs to be shorter and way more buff to be THE WOLVERINE

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2012-08-24 10:04:17 »
HAHAHAHAHA!  ;D

You guys make me laugh  :P

I'll spare you guys any more pictures of myself because it's awfully vain, and I do that enough as it is to my friends and family on facebook already  :roll:

But yes it'd be hilarious to do an APZ battle model (Don't think I haven't thought of it... I AM awfully vain after all!  :evil: )

I'll stick to the point, and that's making a realistic and fully realized Cloud. Basically This:

Basically what I want to do is to recreate this exact Cloud. And I've searched on the net and haven't found ANYONE who's exactly nailed it... So... That'll be me who does  :D Of course.

My other (less important) goal is to take that Cloud as a base and see what the original details would look like. With the original bangle design and no belts, and original metal gauntlet thingy on his left arm. (It's quite different if you really look) The closest I've seen to that is the Cloud in Dissidia's fully rendered cutscenes. But THAT's a different style all together!

and THEN! I wanna see how that looks... "Cosmos Cloud" and "Chaos Cloud" (the two different styles in Dissidia Duodecim) standing next to the "New Canonical Cloud", standing next to the "Classic Cloud"... standing next to "Kingdom Hearts Cloud"

And I'll most likely never do all of this... But I CAN draw it!  ;) THAT'S 5 DIFFERENT OFFICIAL CLOUDS!!!

We got to see a whole frontal realistic render of Tifa, and an entire classic looking modernly proportioned Tifa in Dissidia. I've yet to see a realistic modern render of classic Barret... So that'll be interesting. There's a modern render of classic Yuffie. We've all seen RedXIII, Cid isn't hard to imagine, Vincent had a whole game to himself (Albeit a new style... But it's still close enough it isn't hard to imagine)

I'd love to do all the characters! Perhaps someday I'll have the speed and efficiency and TIME that I'll be able to... But why bother??? There's still so much I wanna do of MY OWN ART!!!!  ;) And my animations that I wanna get done. So there's only so much one man can do when he obsesses over something (You guys don't even KNOW about my obsession with classic Doom!) But that's a story for another time...  :-)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-24 10:27:24 by apz freak »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2012-08-24 10:58:48 »
While we're at it... Has anyone found the PS3 FFVII tech demo in ANY HD...? Anything higher than less than standard def (But obviously saved in higher formats despite being a crappy lo rez video to begin with...)

If Anyone can find that it'll help me out a bit...

edit: Scratch that... I found one that's Standard Def interlaced... Best I'll probably find... But good enough to glint the details in it
« Last Edit: 2012-08-24 11:35:29 by apz freak »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2012-08-24 14:53:56 »
Everyone's been remodeled with their classic looks. Even if it was only for a few seconds...

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2012-08-25 04:22:30 »
Ah of course... How could I forget!?

I'll have a drawing up soon of a buncha Clouds standing next to each other. I took inspiration from this set of Batman's:

Why!? Because no one's ever lined em all up next to each other before... That and I'm a madman and I'm exhausting my fan-ness so that it won't effect my personal stuff (It's like a release... So it doesn't overtly influence anything else I do that's creatively mine)

I think it'd be interesting to see them next to eachother in the same context.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #240 on: 2012-08-31 12:51:31 »

Embrace You Dreams And Protect You Honor As Soldier!!! :P
« Last Edit: 2012-09-13 22:05:16 by LeonhartGR »

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2012-09-08 19:31:15 »
Embrace You Dreams And Protect You Honnor As Soldier!!! :P
rather "Embrace Your Dreams And Whatever Happens Protect Your Honour As JANITOR" :P

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2012-09-09 03:44:14 »
rather "Embrace Your Dreams And Whatever Happens Protect Your Honour As JANITOR" :P

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As a matter of fact I'm a loader at Home Depot (hence the muscles... 80lb bags of concrete all day make you feel the burn hardcore) And I also clean the front of the store at store close... Which means I'm a master of all brooms. Seriously! Not many people can get as much done as I can with a broom. I got mad skillz yo  ;)

I'll have my web-site up soon, and I'll finish the Multi-Cloud drawing as soon as I can finish getting the site running  :P Also I've made some observations about the new modern Buster Sword that means I have to edit the model I made, since that's a quick fix (for a whole new model...) I'll have the pictures of that soon, and a post describing my observations as to why I changed it

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #243 on: 2012-09-09 11:31:51 »
You are such a talented man Sir APZ :P

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2012-09-13 17:22:31 »
Seriously! All i can do so far i modify the existing models and that too failing miserably many times at those. i'm trying to get my field cloud to have all the swords of the disassembled First Tsurugi/ultima weapon....but it ends up looking terrible and textures get messed up

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2012-09-17 15:55:00 »
When do think it'll be done?

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
« Reply #246 on: 2012-09-17 16:43:47 »

Whoa, you should be unlockable in DustForce!

I remember that scene. ... It's really cool but Barret's gun arm seemed oddly short to me.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2012-09-17 19:56:44 »
Here you go apz:

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #248 on: 2012-09-17 23:37:15 »