Read this first! > Announcements and site development

Forum upgrade

<< < (22/24) > >>

sl1982:
I put up a new theme for people to look at. You can change it in your profile. Let me know if this is something we could build upon.

faospark:

--- Quote from: Koby on 2020-06-19 00:00:35 ---Please share Stylus stylesheet. =)
Currently I've resorted to using this one:
--- End quote ---

here you go. just a warning though this will only work on windows as the iconography used is segoe MDL2 assets.
certain image enhancements wont work on firefox.

some of the features:
-dark theme mostly.
-replaced certain image icons with font icons.
-inline span colors are mostly supported if i missed out any please message me
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a407-U831H9NFgOKwlTxhIc9WuHyymgg/view?usp=sharing

mav:

--- Quote from: LordUrQuan on 2020-06-18 19:37:01 ---Doesn't change the fact that installation and management of certs remains a pain in the butt.

--- End quote ---

Except it really isn't. Let's Encrypt provides a tool that lets you install the certificate in literally few minutes if you have proper access to the server. You can even add it to cron so it auto-renews itseft. And many shared hosted providers have an option to do all that for you automatically.

At this point there isn't really a reason not to have SSL on your site (unless you just don't have the access to SSH on the server or your hosting provider doesn't give you the option). If you don't care about the security of your account on Qhimm's that's fine, but other people might. Plus SSL is required if you want to switch your server to use http/2, which is a major upgrade to the protocol and makes everything load faster.

Btw the new theme looks really nice :). The only change I would make is to replace the top background image with something more FF themed, I posted a suggestion on Discord.

Edit: Now I see that we could probably also use a new emote pack because this one isn't really compatible with a dark theme, the edges of emotes show spill of the white background.

faospark:
The set up for let's envcrypt is not that hard anymore. I believe most hosting plans already has a interface for it. in fact in one that i manage any subdomain or domain you setup automatically generates a cert for that. you dont need to do it via the command line and it auto renews.

sl1982:

--- Quote from: mav on 2020-06-19 07:00:23 ---Except it really isn't. Let's Encrypt provides a tool that lets you install the certificate in literally few minutes if you have proper access to the server. You can even add it to cron so it auto-renews itseft. And many shared hosted providers have an option to do all that for you automatically.

At this point there isn't really a reason not to have SSL on your site (unless you just don't have the access to SSH on the server or your hosting provider doesn't give you the option). If you don't care about the security of your account on Qhimm's that's fine, but other people might. Plus SSL is required if you want to switch your server to use http/2, which is a major upgrade to the protocol and makes everything load faster.

Btw the new theme looks really nice :). The only change I would make is to replace the top background image with something more FF themed, I posted a suggestion on Discord.

Edit: Now I see that we could probably also use a new emote pack because this one isn't really compatible with a dark theme, the edges of emotes show spill of the white background.

--- End quote ---

I agree. This was just a test. It would be nice having some more ff related visuals in the theme

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version