Final Fantasy 8 > Releases

[FF8PC-Steam] High-poly character models replacement

<< < (2/3) > >>

LeonhartGR:
As long as we have Squall's beloved hair back or at least a proper fmv mod I'm up for any release :D

Percival:
That is such a clever fix. Way to go, Aavock!

shikulja:
Terrific, always dreamed about it.
It would be nice to have a hext patch for this, I would not have to touch the original resources, and it would be easier for many)

Shunsq:
Hello Aavock and everyone.
I think you will have texture problems if you replace more than 2 characters by their highpoly models.
I found the same trick years ago but did not find any solution for the texture problem.
I hope you'll find a way around.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15668.50
See reply#72 by myself.

Mcindus:

--- Quote from: Shunsq on 2020-06-02 22:24:05 ---Hello Aavock and everyone.
I think you will have texture problems if you replace more than 2 characters by their highpoly models.
I found the same trick years ago but did not find any solution for the texture problem.
I hope you'll find a way around.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15668.50
See reply#72 by myself.

--- End quote ---

Could you use Tonberry to 'force' a new texture page to load so that there's no inconsistencies?

Basically, the game loads texture data into a square rendering space that renders the characters in 128x128 blocks on a 256x256 'master' page. The high poly textures use two blocks of texture space, whereas the low poly only use one. This clutters the rendering space and what ends up getting rendered to screen is the wrong texture block (overflow of data).  Tonberry could probably be used to manually fix this, because it intercepts the VRAM block and you'd have to figure out where this happens and make it force the fix.
Otherwise, the way the textures get atlased to VRAM gets all wonky.

We've missed you Shunsq!!! Is there any chance we could get our hands on that obj to MCH converter? Looks like Hikashi has fixed squall's hair in the remaster, but we have no way of getting him back in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version