Final Fantasy 8 > WIP

[FF8-R] Squall Hair Remodel Progress

<< < (4/4)

Squallex:
Hi everyone! I just created an account so I could post here.

Final Fantasy VIII has been my favorite game for a long time, but I've never had less pleasure playing it than when I played this horrible remastered version.

Amongst other things, I think the main reason  for it is the design of Squall and Rinoa's models.
As pointed out by LeonhartGR, Squall looked a lot better in the original version's cutscene than in the remastered one. The hair is indeed very different, but also the nose, the jaw, the eyes, the skin color (too yellow-ish) and even the clothes look wrong in the remastered version: The fur of the jacket, the pants too tight at the ankles, and even the chronos pendant looks wrong!

Rinoa looks kinds of wrong too. The face is too round, and she doesn't look like the cutscene's model at all...

One may say that it doesn't matter so much, but to me, it felt like I was watching cosplayers during the whole game.

So my question is : Is there any news about the possibility of importing a new model design into the game ? (Remastered or basic Steam version). I would really love to be able to play the game with characters model that look just like the ones from the cutscenes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version