Author Topic: [FF7_PC_ECHOE-S 7 AIO] (2024/05/14) - PC installer + Steam deck + iros  (Read 81 times)

Frank1984

• View Profile
As agreed with Satsuki (User of this forum), given in the exact words: "My pack is opensource, you can use it to do your own.
You can also make an addon yourself for my current pack and share it (it's well documented in the help part of my current pack)"
I WOULD LIKE TO PROPOSE, AND THEREFORE I'M SEEKING HELP FOR THIS THING, BECAUSE IDEAS ARE BORN IN ME BUT I DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY, I'm just a graphic designer, to INCREASE THE ECHOE-S 7 MOD which gives the voice to the characters, and which is continuous progress, it is therefore assumed that it will become something definitive and without errors.
Satsuki doesn't like the idea, also because he explained to me that it is difficult to integrate the ECHOE-S 7 mod with the others; which if left active will probably create conflicts. AT THIS POINT MY IDEA IS: WHY NOT INSERT THE MOD ALSO AND CREATE WHAT I CALLED A PANEL MODE, AUTOMATED CONTROL.

THAT IS: EVERYTHING THAT GIVES CONFLICT AND ANNOYANCE TO THE MOD WILL BE DEACTIVATED THE VERY MOMENT WHEN ONE CHOOSES TO PLAY WITH THE VOICE OF THE CHARACTERS.
Anyone who can and wants to help me do this, I offer a free donation of €50/100.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 13:48:54 by Frank1984 »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I say my pack is opensource but :

If you want to make an addon for my current pack:
-You MUST get from Echo-S author the autorisation to use his work in your addon.

If you want to make a 100% new pack, based on mine and with Echo-S added:
-You MUST get the autorisation from each author of each part of the mod (included translations, patch... look at the about part and each mod's help) - you have my autorisation for my parts of the work.
-Don't use the same name (to avoid confusions for the users as i'll provide support for my version only), but tells in the pack's description it's based on mine with all link etc.
-You MUST respect and apply the GPL3 licence i used to release my pack

Frank1984

• View Profile
Satsuki, it's not that I don't want to do it, believe me, I'm a good believer. I want to respect everything you said. Just give me a hand, I was on the forums 20 years ago, now I'm a different age I can't even think and be as fast and connected as you. I just love this game so much, and I fell in love with this work of yours: I proposed something that you don't feel like doing, you don't feel it's worth doing, and you have all your reasons. But let's remain good friends and instead give me a hand, some directions, some connections.

Frank1984

• View Profile
Satsuki, it's not that I don't want to do it, believe me, I'm a good believer. I want to respect everything you said. Just give me a hand, I was on the forums 20 years ago, now I'm a different age I can't even think and be as fast and connected as you. I just love this game so much, and I fell in love with this work of yours: I proposed something that you don't feel like doing, you don't feel it's worth doing, and you have all your reasons. But let's remain good friends and instead give me a hand, some directions, some connections.

Also give me time to do things. It's not easy for me. I wanted to leave the name in your favor, tribute. Maybe changing it to a Satsuki Yatoshi And Aavock FF7 Unified Echoe-s Plus 1.0

Frank1984

• View Profile
(*Sorry for the double posts in a row). The fact remained that I would have liked you to create this variant for me, I would have made a free donation available to you. There is nothing wrong with donating to an artist.

Frank1984

• View Profile
Alright then. Somehow I feel like I have offended you. I ask someone competent to delete this post of mine.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I'm not offended, just wanted to make it clear, you can do as you want as long as you respect gpl3 and ask each original mod's author for permission (if you're going to the full pack's way, if you're going to the 3rd party mod way you only need to ask the Echo-S author).

I want you to rename this project because it's not my pack and i don't want user to be confused to where ask for support.
->if you go to the full's pack way you may name it FF7 Echo-S AIO for exemple (as long it's ok with the Echos-S author too) (and of course share source etc ..)
->if you go to the 3rd party mod way you may name it Echo-S for FF7_SYW_U and state in the description it's a addon for the official FF7_SYW_U

Again you can do as you want as long as you respect gpl3 and authors, if you don't have time nor will to do this, i can do nothing for you, i'm 45, goning to have a baby in about 2 month, and work full time, so i have less and less free time.

Frank1984

• View Profile
Ah, so you're worse off than me with commitments! ^_^
OK, I'll do everything you recommended, it was already in the plan. I just need some time. We rename the package immediately. And if I get something wrong, tell me, point it out to me.