Author Topic: Do you really understand Final Fantasy 7?  (Read 3283 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Do you really understand Final Fantasy 7?
« on: 2013-01-04 21:01:28 »
This interpretation opened my eyes. At last every who's played the game should this read ones.
The true meaning of Final Fantasy VII

I not agree with everything, but it opens a good point view.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Do you really understand Final Fantasy 7?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-04 22:46:35 »
Too bad Square doesn't give a shit about modder's work who fixed their game to work with updated textures and correct translation...

Luceid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-05 00:19:35 »
Brittenham? Ernsthaft? Eh... serious?

The devs themselves brought up various "design-declarations" in their Ultimania Omega... esp. JENOVA <-> Sephiroth stuff (literally they declared JENOVA to be some 'braind-dead' monster used by Sephiroth, nothing more and nothing less..) which renders the (in)famous Brittenham Interpretation kinda useless.

Please don't tell me your reworked translation is based on this :(

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-05 07:28:23 »
Don't be afraid I read this yesterday the first time, besides this is interpretation in the highest form which I honestly can't  and won't implement in the game. But the idea that Jenova isn't such a brainless monster as every body believe is fascinating. I giving a f*ck about what SquareEnix say, they destroy there game with purpose by senseless sequels and prequels, because there were unable to create a Final Fantasy of that quality. Well, that's my theory after reading why they don't want make a true remake.

« Last Edit: 2013-01-05 09:16:29 by Kaldarasha »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-01-05 07:49:36 »
Don't be afraid I read this yesterday the first time, besides this is interpretation in the highest form which I honestly can't  and won't implement in the game. But the idea that Jenova isn't such a brainless monster as every body believe is fascinating. I giving a f*ck about what SquareEnix say, they destroy there game with purpose with senseless sequels and prequels, because there were unable to create a Final Fantasy of that quality. Well, that's my theory after reading why they don't want make a true remake.

That's precisely what it is.  They can make money off of the name now and they do.  Just venture round a few forums and read the mindless idiots who are still defending all the prequels sequels and can't wait to get FFXIII-9 or whatever we are up to now.

Why put in super effort when you don't need to?  It's that simple...  FF is a victim of its own success.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12677.0

No, we are not going to derail another thread with this. Please keep the discussion to Jenova. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2013-01-05 16:29:47 by Covarr »

Luceid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-01-05 10:13:47 »
Don't be afraid I read this yesterday the first time, besides this is interpretation in the highest form which I honestly can't  and won't implement in the game. But the idea that Jenova isn't such a brainless monster as every body believe is fascinating. I giving a f*ck about what SquareEnix say, they destroy there game with purpose with senseless sequels and prequels, because there were unable to create a Final Fantasy of that quality. Well, that's my theory after reading why they don't want make a true remake.

Actually it would make far more sense in terms of correct sentences and overall conclusion to write this in german but it's an english board, so here we go:

First of all: Would a true remake make everyone happy? F.e. they have to change the whole battle system towards more action, heck maybe even with some crap like active dodging. And they would add a lot "Super-Sayajin"-crap (as seen in AC...) If they don't do it, the remake would be torn apart as "last century shit" by our infamous FPS-generation.
This f.e. is one of the things that make me wonder, if a real remake is to be desired.

And I know, maybe better than most people, how much their Ultimania Omega crap sucked balls.
Actually it made far more sense, that JENOVA is/was the villain in the game and this (a spore from outer space wrecking havoc, while everyone and there mother believe it's the cool looking silver-haired dude).
Heck during AC-times I was an active part of a german FF-Fansite and in my mass-spoiler-review I actually wrote, that Cloud fights JENOVA in the last battle :(
And this was far more likely than "Morphing-Ability-Sephiroth", who mutates spontaneous within actually one second.

This fukkin' Ultimania Omega damaged the story of this game... The devs didn't even say "Oh, it's likely that Sephiroth controls JENOVA" - no they made it a fact...
They flawed a very big part of this game be declaring the JENOVA-virus to be an instinct-driven animal with a minor but cruel intellect (actually the used "instinct" far more - so maybe the JENOVA-organism isn't even "evil", just your common predator)

german:
http://cetraconnection.net/analysen-und-theorien/sephiroth-theorien/beziehung-sephiroths-zu-jenova/
english:
http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4564

Not to mention the few real story-errors in the "Compilation", f.e. Tseng knowing (the real) Cloud for years (strange scene in CC, made no sense since Tseng didn't knew Cloud in the main game), Omega not showing up at the end of FF VII (heck, the end of FF VII is the exact OPPOSITE of that crappy Omega-thing), a.s.o.

Cut

Brittenham made sense most of the time but these days are gone.
And the day's of the unflawed FF VII story were gone when BC was released.