Author Topic: Got Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim for free on Steam  (Read 5727 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Got Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim for free on Steam
« on: 2013-09-24 00:42:02 »
First I was surprised to see a 700 MB patch (because they have announced that the game is finalized and won't get any new patch), but after checking the property of the game on Steam I saw Dawnguard under DLCs. But I never brought it. Is this happened to anyone other, too?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Got Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim for free on Steam
« Reply #1 on: 2013-09-24 19:30:52 »
Did someone gift it to you?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-09-24 19:54:36 »
No, it simply has started the download. Some on the Steam-forum say it could be a Steam mistake. But I think that this is meant as a motivation for people, who played only the original game, to play the game again and buy the other DLC's. Maybe it's some kind of marketing for The Elder Scrolls Online.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2013-09-24 21:34:03 »
Huh. UESP.net usually has Elder Scrolls related news and doesn't mention anything there. Steam's news doesn't mention it either. When Steam first came out I entered my code for Half Life:Blue-Shift (the only Half-Life title I actually owned at the time) and it registered as the Half-Life Platinum Edition (the one with the original, OF, BS, CS and TF all in one box). Maybe some of the users' are being converted to the Legendary Edition of Skyrim in a similar way.
I already have Dawnguard so I can't say more on the matter.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-09-25 05:36:41 »
I randomly got all of the DLC for Fallout New Vegas (I only bought the original retail version back in 2010, that installed via steam).
So Bethesda has done things like this before. My friend's and I theory is the internal code for the Ultimate Edition and the regular edition are the same, in terms of Fall Out New Vegas, because we both got the DLC around the time Ultimate Edition came out.

Perhaps it was linked to the 'Legendary Edition' coming out for Skyrim? I have no idea. Point is, something similar has happened to a friend of mine, and myself concerning other Bethesda games.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-09-25 16:51:58 »
I checked right after you posted this, and I can confirm I *didn't* have any new Skyrim DLC.