Author Topic: I need a tool for the models  (Read 4802 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
I need a tool for the models
« on: 2013-12-06 07:34:56 »
I often have the problem that Kimera create some unique filenames, which ending sometimes in an unpredictable chaos for me.
It is nasty work to rename the files manually. First I have to change the name of the file in the .hrc-file, then I must change the name of the .rsd-file, after this I must open the .rsd-file and change the three names there and at last the p-file must be renamed, too.
So what I need, is a tool what can read out the .hrc and the .rsd files and rename all files at once.

Here an example;
The header file is AAAP.hrc and I want it to rename it AAAA.hrc. Lets say the first file it reads is AATH13, which is AATH13.rsd. AATH13.rsd is pointing to the file AATZ.p. To be honest this is a worst case scenario, if I add a part to the AATH13 bone I have no idea what new .rsd-file Kimera would generate
Though, after the rename it should look like the follow: AAAA.hrc -> AAAB.rsd -> AAAC.p. This looks much cleaner.
If the .hrc is pointing to two files for a bone: AATH13.rsd and AATH14.rsd, then the new should look like this: AAAB.rsd; AAAB1.rsd -> AAAC.p; AAAC1.p.

The rules for naming the files: the last letter follows from A to F. If the F is reached the letter before change to the next letter in the alphabet and the last letter is an A again (AAAF, then AABA). If the bone has more then one part, then file is builded like this: 'Name_of_the_first_part_of_the_bone' + 'a_Numeric' (starting from 1 to open end[?]). I guess that's it.

Should look in the end like this:
Code: [Select]
AAAA.hrc
AAAB.rsd
AAAC.p
AAAD.rsd
AAAE.p
AAAF.rsd; AAAF1.rsd; AAAF2.rsd
AABA.p; AABA1.p; AABA1.p
AABB.rsd

All what I want to do, is only to write the name of model and the tool is doing the rest for me.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: I need a tool for the models
« Reply #1 on: 2013-12-06 13:33:09 »
I have to agree that would be nice. The bigger issue is after you've gone through and changed all the file names so they match and don't overwrite any of the originals you cant resave the model in kimera again. I've found this can change the rsd file names, usually defaulting them. It makes it very easy to overwrite other files.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-12-06 14:41:48 »
I could create this for you.  I have my hands full at the moment, but i'll look into it.  Send me an example set of files with a readme.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-12-11 16:50:53 »
MP---Model-Patcher.7z
If someone wants to give it a try to make this small tool.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-12-14 04:16:41 »
I'll get on it tomorrow.  Or try.

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-12-14 07:50:32 »
This is something that could be easily (well in theory, are .rsd files just text?) be solved with bash / powershell (or even cmd for the masochistic).
« Last Edit: 2013-12-14 07:53:01 by luksy »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-12-14 16:45:56 »
Kal, you're gonna have to go into more detail about what you want.  I need this spoon fed because I have no idea about models.  ;D  I need a step by step example, every single step in the chain.  Exactly what the program will do at each step and what files it will open, write to.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-12-15 03:29:06 »
Don't bother with it. I'm came to the conclusion that I need some programmer skills and I think writing these program is a good aim. After all it will be a simple text and file writer. It will surely take some time until I have mastered the basics, but I didn't even thought that I will redo the characters of FF7 a year ago. Speaking of them, I try to finish everything by the 20th of December and then I will send everything to you (earlier if I could). The official release of my mod is set to the 24th. I think this will be one the best Christmas holidays for some people for a long time.  :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 2013-12-24 03:30:35 »
Is this surprise release still coming tomorrow?  ;)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile