Author Topic: Final Fantasy Game mod maker ?  (Read 9150 times)

SSVegetto

• View Profile
Final Fantasy Game mod maker ?
« on: 2005-09-20 00:36:53 »
Is it possible that we can make our own mods like in Half life.
I would like to make my own game mod using final fantasy 7 . Is there a program out there making that possible ? I think it would be so cool making a game and storyline and stuff.

alright now I know there isnt just one specific tool do everything like that. But I wonder if we could combine all the tools people have made and make one program that could do this.

One program I was looking at before the
http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4444
new scene editor. Thats a great start in my opinion I'm going to try to use this. Thanx Lord Ramza for making it.

SSVegetto

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-20 16:42:53 »
Guys come on any ideas on this project ? Do I need to start this off ?

I'll start planning stuff if I can get feed back. I'm not a programmer but I can get some ideas going.

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-20 17:26:01 »
Once again, this forum isn't the fastest in the world in terms of community activity. If you find yourself impatiently double posting in the same day on the same thread then you haven't waited long enough  :wink: .

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-20 19:08:11 »
There are programs to change 3D objects, textures, 2D images, the music, the text and the stats of the characters and enemies. However, I think there is still no way to edit the walk-mesh nor the scripted secuences. So well, you see, you can edit some things but changing everything is still far from possible.

SSVegetto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-09-20 23:29:21 »
Quote from: Borde
There are programs to change 3D objects, textures, 2D images, the music, the text and the stats of the characters and enemies. However, I think there is still no way to edit the walk-mesh nor the scripted secuences. So well, you see, you can edit some things but changing everything is still far from possible.

Alright thats fine, lets start with all of that. walk-mesh dont know what you mean by that.

So is it possible to create a map level and then have Cloud or any character start somewhere ? Or is this what you mean by a scripted sequence,

I appreciate the feedback.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-09-21 06:30:45 »
To be honest, I dont beleive it is possible.

As stated, We canot edit the walkmeshes, so even if we COULD change the stroy, we would have to use the same scenery.

Oh, and a Walkmesh is the space in which Cloud can walk.

SSVegetto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-09-21 22:45:44 »
Quote from: James Pond
To be honest, I dont beleive it is possible.

As stated, We canot edit the walkmeshes, so even if we COULD change the stroy, we would have to use the same scenery.

Oh, and a Walkmesh is the space in which Cloud can walk.

Alright but you can edit the scenes and stuff. With the program new scene editor, I was thinking you could combine the scene editor with other and tools and scripts to change textures and stuff. Start with that and go from there, keep adding things on.

Also combine the other thing that dude had in this thread http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4444

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-09-22 08:08:31 »
You dont understand what im saying.

Sure, the backdrops can be different, but they have to consist with the current walkmeshes.  We cannot create new ones at the current moment in time.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-09-22 12:42:26 »
Maybe i'm wrong, but I think that the scene.bin editor can only edit the stats of the characters. So you can't create a new scripted secuence (you know, like videos but rendered by the game engine).

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-09-22 16:23:26 »
Aye, thats another thing Borde.

No scripted sequences means no "story breaks" making the game very VERY boring. :/

SSVegetto

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-09-23 01:30:39 »
Please gve me the exact details of why we cant do anything with this walkmesh.

Programming details anything just explain why. Maybe we can solve this problem.

djzerious

• View Profile
    • http://www.gzanime.net
« Reply #11 on: 2005-09-23 04:56:53 »
Quote from: SSVegetto
Please gve me the exact details of why we cant do anything with this walkmesh.

Programming details anything just explain why. Maybe we can solve this problem.
The walkmesh is physically built into the game/engine. To change it is to change the game. Basically... you know when you see a path or a road? And then there is grass beside it? And you can't walk on the grass? That's the walkmesh. If you are walking by a building, you can't walk through it. The walkmesh won't let you.

The reason why we can't? There is no past research on it to change it, that I know of anyways. And, on that note, there is no reason to change the walkmesh, because there is no need, because all the backdrops and backgrounds aren't going to be changed anytime soon. The only reason I could see changing the walkmesh for would be to get items easier, or make cloud be able to walk on anything, like a Gold Chocobo.. which.. all in all.. is pointless to do that.. just get a Gold Chocobo..

SSVegetto

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-09-23 05:40:31 »
Use the values of the gold chocobo to get Cloud go past any walkmesh possible. For the background you can use Scene editor.

Thanx for the reply , you just solved your own problem with the walkmesh   :D

djzerious

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-09-23 05:54:57 »
No.. I didn't.

That was an assumption that there is a walkmesh for chocobos, and that it is the same, etc. And, it would be pointless to do that. Imagine being in northern cave, and just walking up the cave.. it's pointless, senseless, etc. And, I know nothing about the coding of the walkmesh. Reunion *might* know something, because he has problems with his hi-res characters and the walkmesh in his patch... but.. I doubt that he knows about the coding. And, I'm pretty sure that he posted something about the walkmesh in that thread of his.

Sure, the backdrops can be different, but they have to consist with the current walkmeshes.  We cannot create new ones at the current moment in time.
That has to with walkmesh too. Notice the bold part..

(geez, how many times has this been said now??) And, no, Scene editor has NOTHING to do with backgrounds.. AT ALL. It edits stats... that's it. Character/monster def, att, mdef, what items are dropped, how much exp/gil is won...etc... nothing else.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-09-23 06:01:23 »
We have been able to see one or two walkmeshes, but thats as far as it goes.

Please understand that there is nothing that can be done at this moment in time.

http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=1731

4th or 5th post down shows the only walkmesh we have been able to decode

djzerious

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-09-23 07:03:12 »

Please understand that there is nothing that can be done at this moment in time. ...
Thank you for making that clear.. since I am not in the know of the walkmeshes.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005-09-23 11:03:00 »
The link I posted is an example of one such walkmesh.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005-09-24 03:00:54 »
Well actually this was discused before.
The game engine is slightly broken with the PC to begin with.
Secondly it's pretty darn old.
Thirdly why would you build on an old engine that has diddly for tools available?
You are better off making a new game was the conclusion.

At least that would be easier :D

Progress is slow and steady, but it does exist.

Cyb

SSVegetto

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005-09-24 04:22:50 »
Quote from: djzerious
No.. I didn't.

That was an assumption that there is a walkmesh for chocobos, and that it is the same, etc. And, it would be pointless to do that. Imagine being in northern cave, and just walking up the cave.. it's pointless, senseless, etc. And, I know nothing about the coding of the walkmesh. Reunion *might* know something, because he has problems with his hi-res characters and the walkmesh in his patch... but.. I doubt that he knows about the coding. And, I'm pretty sure that he posted something about the walkmesh in that thread of his.

That has to with walkmesh too. Notice the bold part..

(geez, how many times has this been said now??) And, no, Scene editor has NOTHING to do with backgrounds.. AT ALL. It edits stats... that's it. Character/monster def, att, mdef, what items are dropped, how much exp/gil is won...etc... nothing else.

Ok the map part is a whole diffrent story then. I was just talking about mainly the the in game stuff. Is the Walkmesh the main problem here ? sounds like it, if the walkmesh could be edited then everything could be fixed.

Please understand that there is nothing that can be done at this moment in time.

http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=1731

4th or 5th post down shows the only walkmesh we have been able to decode

I dont see anything on that link ?? what are you talking about ???

Quote from: Cyberman
Well actually this was discused before.
The game engine is slightly broken with the PC to begin with.
Secondly it's pretty darn old.
Thirdly why would you build on an old engine that has diddly for tools available?
You are better off making a new game was the conclusion.

At least that would be easier :D

Progress is slow and steady, but it does exist.

Cyb

To make your own game mod thats why. Nah I'm not better off making a new game.  I'm better off making a Final Fantasy 7 game mod, making my own version of my game, making it how I want it basically(using a User friendly program). I believe anything is possible actually. There is probably a way and djzerious wants me to give up on this, and KEEPS telling me things arent possible. I know that is Bull crap, anything is possible and you guys are good programmers that just dont want to try. Guess I'll have to start trying, so Stop Freaking telling me that this isnt possible because of walkmesh< IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW To fix the walkmesh part then, but you arent giving me info on the programming part.

Basically it seems you guys dont have the will to do this, thats alright just say that then, rather then telling me something isnt possible. Just replying saying I dont think its worth it.

djzerious

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005-09-24 08:50:24 »
I don't want you to give up on anything, but you are asking and demanding info that people just don't have..

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005-09-24 08:52:56 »
Appologies, I had the forum rules link in my clipboard, not the one I wanted.

http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=3247&highlight=wutai+walkmesh

Posted by Kero.

And We anrt trying to stop you from doing something

It just CANNOT be done at this moment in time unles you can single handedly decode and recreate walkmeshes, and program new scripted scenes.

SSVegetto

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005-10-04 17:17:12 »
Appologies, I had the forum rules link in my clipboard, not the one I wanted.

http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=3247&highlight=wutai+walkmesh

Posted by Kero.

And We anrt trying to stop you from doing something

It just CANNOT be done at this moment in time unles you can single handedly decode and recreate walkmeshes, and program new scripted scenes.

alright thank you, and you are right I dont have the knowledge to program that stuff. Oh well sorry everyone.