Author Topic: FF7 3d crashes hlp me pls  (Read 2587 times)

Harou

FF7 3d crashes hlp me pls
« on: 2005-10-21 12:56:33 »
Hi all,mm i am just really pissed off by my system and the graphic of my FF, i really hope some1 can help me out..
I have installed the 1.02 patch and the chocobo patch. Currently i am using a nvdia geforce2 MX 400 graphic card
My system:
-pentium(4) 2.02
-512 ddr ram
-graphic card as stated above
-directx 9.0C
-with forceware version 71.89

My problems and how they occur:

-when i switch it to 3d hardware mode and select nvdia either Riva or TNT, the game refuse to load up and it stays black screen, or just display a error which says FF7 has encounter a problem and will be shut down.

-when i switch it to 3d hardware mode BUT did not select the nvdia checkbox, the game is able to run in a nice 3d mode, but it will eventually crash during some beginning of fights, that blur screen follow by the fighting theme when u encounter enemy on world map it just hang there and i have to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL to end the FF7 process.

Pls give me some solution and ideas of what can i do to make it work without crashing in 3d mode thanks for reading and replying

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-21 16:48:50 »
that isn't fault of your card. I've played ff7 many times on gf2 mx400 with antialiasing and other cool stuff and it haven't crash even once.
Maybe it's fault of new drivers? Or try ff7w patch it helped me in a lot of crashes in some miraculus way.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-21 17:55:24 »
The 8bit pallet is probably enabled in those drivers. You need to find a program called Rivatuner.... and disable the 8bit pallitization thing.

I don't remember the navigation of Rivatuner, though. It's buried in it, somewhere.

But...it would be easier if you just used the 77.77 drivers. I don't know if the latest drivers (81.85) have it disabled or not....but they might be on the latest, too. If the 8bit pallet says Fail in the FF7config.exe test, then...it's disabled.

convoy

Re: FF7 3d crashes hlp me pls
« Reply #3 on: 2005-10-22 00:24:20 »
Quote from: Harou
Hi all,mm i am just really pissed off by my system and the graphic of my FF, i really hope some1 can help me out..
I have installed the 1.02 patch and the chocobo patch. Currently i am using a nvdia geforce2 MX 400 graphic card
My system:
-pentium(4) 2.02
-512 ddr ram
-graphic card as stated above
-directx 9.0C
-with forceware version 71.89

My problems and how they occur:

-when i switch it to 3d hardware mode and select nvdia either Riva or TNT, the game refuse to load up and it stays black screen, or just display a error which says FF7 has encounter a problem and will be shut down.

-when i switch it to 3d hardware mode BUT did not select the nvdia checkbox, the game is able to run in a nice 3d mode, but it will eventually crash during some beginning of fights, that blur screen follow by the fighting theme when u encounter enemy on world map it just hang there and i have to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL to end the FF7 process.

Pls give me some solution and ideas of what can i do to make it work without crashing in 3d mode thanks for reading and replying

Hi Pal, you having the same graphic cards as me  :D. Well, it dosent give me any problem. I suggest you go update the forceware latest version driver ver 8x. Use hardware acceleration without ticking the 'NVIDIA'. Then use riva tuner to turn on the anti aliassing stuff which can be found on the 'GREAT FAQ' thread.

It should be working normally.

My FF7 is installed with:

1) 1.02 Patch
2) Chocobo Patch
3) FF7 Mod

Hope it helps :)