Author Topic: FF VII - Magic Defense patch anywhere?  (Read 6501 times)

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
FF VII - Magic Defense patch anywhere?
« on: 2010-10-05 02:12:49 »
Hi all, i'm new! :D
I'm searching through internet since many hours but seeems i can't get what i'm looking for.
Then i found this wonderful forum, i read all the FAQ but didn't find it, i also used the search button but didn't find any relevant topics after reading (maybe i'm blind, sorry if so).
So here i'm asking if there is any kind of patch ever done about the Spirit + Magic Defense(of armor) glitch where basically the game use only the Spirit number to defend against magic attacks instead of the sum.
If this information is useful ,after the full installation I've actually used in this order :
1) ff7 v1.02 official patch
2) SaiNt's High Res FF7PC Patch v1.00  (with integrated Jedwin's chocobo patch)
3) YAMP with - MiniGamesPatch - TransparentDialogBoxesPatch - GyptInstant
Hope to find here the answer to my question, thanks for your time.  :)
« Last Edit: 2010-10-05 02:21:03 by Mago-Merlino »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: FF VII - Magic Defense patch anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-05 02:26:59 »
Seems like everybody is using outdated patches nowadays.

Aali's graphics driver includes a mdef fix. It also gives you high resolution (and less buggy than what you'll get from The_SaiNt's patch), as well as the chocobo racing fix.

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-05 02:40:17 »
First, thanks for you fast answer! You are great! 8)
Seems like everybody is using outdated patches nowadays.
It must be because on Torrent you find FF VII packed with all of them.
Someone should pack another file with the new patch to go around the world. :wink:
Aali's graphics driver includes a mdef fix. It also gives you high resolution (and less buggy than what you'll get from The_SaiNt's patch), as well as the chocobo racing fix.
Nice, may i ask few questions to you? Since it's 5:00 A.M. i'll go to sleep after this post so i can find the answers tomorrow.
1) A link to the download page.
2) Can i use the saves i did with my "old-patched" game if i reinstall all and patch with Aali's graphics driver?
3a) I can still use the transparent dialog boxes somehow? (using YAMP or anything else)
3b) Same question to avoid FMV and about the speed rate for minigames.

Thanks for your time again. :)
« Last Edit: 2010-10-05 12:23:46 by Mago-Merlino »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-05 05:59:21 »
It must be because on Torrent you find FF VII packed with all of them.
Wait, you're using a pirated copy?

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-05 09:45:20 »
No, but I've found easier to get the patches pack that was into it, because there is a complete guide on how to install them.
Infact as you can see i'm having trouble, founding things around the forums, since English is not my mother-language.
So, do you have any answer to my questions?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-05 12:22:48 by Mago-Merlino »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #5 on: 2010-10-05 12:32:00 »
No, but I've found easier to get the patches pack that was into it, because there is a complete guide on how to install them.
Infact as you can see i'm having trouble, founding things around the forums, since English is not my mother-language.
So, do you have any answer to my questions?
Thanks.

before anyone continues, could we kindly ask where you got your copy of Final Fantasy VII?

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-10-05 13:35:39 »
before anyone continues, could we kindly ask where you got your copy of Final Fantasy VII?
God... a newspaper collection in Italy 3 years ago.
I just found the patches i needed to play as Sephirot, Cloud better model, mp3 music choice etc... in a Torrent file where a friend of mine told me there was an entire full patches pack with a complete guide.
I just thought was easier with it... (at that time wasn't aware about this site, since isn't easy to find, indeed i found a link to this site in a readme.txt about how to apply patches).
Actually there are other 10 patches to apply, i just used the first 3 because i wanted to re-end the game normally, then i found out Magic Defense still wasn't fixed.
Need other answers about my story? That's weird... -.-'
...and i played FF VII 9999(:-D) times on PS since 13 years ago and i'm a great fan of the game.
Now, could you kindly help me out with my last questions?
Thanks again for your time.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-05 14:02:53 by Mago-Merlino »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-10-05 15:44:32 »
So you have a legal copy of the game, and a torrented copy of those patches? I see. That makes a lot of sense, actually, since the torrents aren't copyrighted the way the game is, making them easier to download while not breaking the law. However, pretty much every patch worth using can be found here, usually a more up-to-date version. Torrents are notorious for continuing to use outdated patches, or patches that were never good to begin with (such as AnimeVamp's 1.4 patch).

1. Anyway, Aali's driver can EASILY be found on this messageboard with a bit of searching (no link because you can find it just as easily as me, and I'm lazy).
2. Your saves should work just fine.
3a. Yes.
3b. It will fix the minigame speed. However, I do not think it includes a way to skip FMVs.

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-10-05 16:40:57 »
About the 3a)... you mean i'm able to use YAMP to see transparent dialog boxes after installing Aaali's patch without any inconvenience or that there is a feature into Aaali's patch wich allow it?
Sorry, the "yes" wasn't clear enough to me. :oops:

« Last Edit: 2010-10-05 16:43:45 by Mago-Merlino »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-10-05 16:42:14 »
In the configuration file, you can enable that feature. Once on, it works exactly like the patch in YAMP.

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-10-05 16:44:55 »
Nice, thank you very much.