Final Fantasy 7 > FF7 Tools

[PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)

<< < (177/183) > >>

mr.me:
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but it's probably something simple I'm missing. I can't get adding a new "field model" group to work. I can add the group, or even copy an existing group, but it crashes with an unknown exception when reaching the field with the new group. Other types of groups seem to work fine, it's just field models that crash the game. I'm using Makou Reactor 1.8.5, on the Steam version of the game. If anyone can help me out here, that would be awesome. This is driving me kinda crazy.

myst6re:
When you want to add a new model to a map, you need to both add a group script and a model in the Field Models window

Kutsufatmo:
Myst, this is a great tool. I'm liking the ease of use for the text edits I've been wanting to make to the dialogue of the game.

However, I'm wondering if I wanted to eventually make my edits into a 7th Heaven IRO file, how would I go about exporting the individual changes so that it works in a modular fashion like most 7H mods? I imagine you can't just slap your entire flevel.lgp file into an IRO and 7H will know what to pull from it and what not to so that it doesn't conflict with other mods.

I noticed that other mods like New Threat have exported their flevel changes as "chunk" files that get injected back into the LGP, but I don't know how I can replicate this with Makou Reactor.

Also can you edit battle text with Makou? I'm trying to fix the translation error in the first scorpion boss fight but don't know where to find it...

Pure_Mind_Games:
I might be misremembering but I could have sworn that when adding an item to the inventory you could use a drop down menu instead of putting in the number, that or there was somewhere to find what number was what item.

myst6re:

--- Quote from: Kutsufatmo on 2021-09-06 06:37:25 ---Myst, this is a great tool. I'm liking the ease of use for the text edits I've been wanting to make to the dialogue of the game.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

--- Quote from: Kutsufatmo on 2021-09-06 06:37:25 ---However, I'm wondering if I wanted to eventually make my edits into a 7th Heaven IRO file, how would I go about exporting the individual changes so that it works in a modular fashion like most 7H mods? I imagine you can't just slap your entire flevel.lgp file into an IRO and 7H will know what to pull from it and what not to so that it doesn't conflict with other mods.

I noticed that other mods like New Threat have exported their flevel changes as "chunk" files that get injected back into the LGP, but I don't know how I can replicate this with Makou Reactor.

--- End quote ---

Please contact the 7th Heaven team and the New Threat team about that, I guess they have a tool to do it.

--- Quote from: Kutsufatmo on 2021-09-06 06:37:25 ---Also can you edit battle text with Makou? I'm trying to fix the translation error in the first scorpion boss fight but don't know where to find it...

--- End quote ---

No that's not planed to edit battle module with Makou yet. About battle texts, you can find them into the scene.bin file :)

--- Quote from: Pure_Mind_Games on 2021-10-05 05:31:05 ---I might be misremembering but I could have sworn that when adding an item to the inventory you could use a drop down menu instead of putting in the number, that or there was somewhere to find what number was what item.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I think I can do that, I open an issue on GitHub about that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version