Author Topic: Different Chocobo Problem with FF VII  (Read 4255 times)

rerefried_bean

Different Chocobo Problem with FF VII
« on: 2003-03-30 23:40:40 »
Okay so the patch worked.  I got past the required racing area, blew the pants off everyone, it worked perfect.  But now im tryin to breed a gold chocobo and i need to race my others to get their ranks higher, and suddenly it is goin goofy again.  It doesnt crash.  The speed buttons all work perfectly fine.  But i cant control where he goes, my chocobo is ALWAYS hugging the left wall so its impossible to win, and this happens in both manual and automatic modes.  I triied doing the windows xp compatability option and it still didnt clear it up.  Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?  Thanks.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2003-03-31 02:34:48 »
Ok...

1. If your Chocobo is not intelligent, it won't go the right way.  (I think)
2. If you are using an improperly calibrated joystick, or have one attached to your computer, this may happen, however, this should also affect the field screen, and not the automatic mode...

Nori

• View Profile
Yes, not you Tifa...
« Reply #2 on: 2003-03-31 12:27:11 »
Indeed, also depends on which character you use (I think.)

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2003-03-31 18:22:28 »
It also appears to me you haven't bred a very intelligent chocobo, nor an obedient one.

Do you know what you are doing? You have to raise its manner if you want to get it to obey your orders...

Nori

• View Profile
WONDERFUL -Chocobo Billy
« Reply #4 on: 2003-03-31 19:39:08 »
There is another way to obtain a decent Gold-Chocobo...

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2003-04-07 03:43:29 »
I used to have that problem a LONG time ago. Aaron and KojiroTakenashi are correct about it being the Chocobo's behaviour.

The solution, is too feed the chocobo in question.  A LOT. :P

Probably after giving it like 5-10 grains (I forget which type in particular, but it might be Mimmet [or however its spelled], unless that turns out to be one of the super-duper-rare greens.....yes, I haven't played the Chocobo area in a long time... :roll:

Either way, its stemming from the fact that because you caught it, and it used to be wild, it doesn't want to obey your commands.  The one you raced with the first time around was an already-human-trained one, hence its obedience.

Mofokubik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2003-04-07 05:17:52 »
ha, you could just use a trainer to get a gold chocobo

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2003-04-08 21:18:00 »
Quote from: Mofokubik
ha, you could just use a trainer to get a gold chocobo

While that is true, not everyone wants to accomplish stuff thru cheating.  It could be that he finds the whole Chocobo Racing thing enjoyable, and wouldn't mind getting the Gold Chocobo the normal way.