Author Topic: i got Fice's ff7Music working but mp3 and midi plays altoget  (Read 2689 times)

xjis

i got fice's ff7Music working properly and all
only problem is ff7 plays both the original and the replacement mp3 file!

also does anybody know where i can find ff7 ost mp3?

Rubicant

• View Profile
i got Fice's ff7Music working but mp3 and midi plays altoget
« Reply #1 on: 2003-04-23 15:11:06 »
Mute the midi channel in your volume control. By the way, what version of ff7music are you using?

By the way, don't even bother with ff7 ost mp3's. There are better things. The .PSF file is a mandatory alternative. .PSF's are basically music directly ripped from the psx game. Someone has created a winamp plugin for them, so you will be able to use the .PSF's with ff7music. So, it's the OST, but even better because the files will loop on their own. You can get the FF7 PSF's here.

xjis

not ost maybe but...
« Reply #2 on: 2003-04-23 20:32:33 »
well, im actually thinking about using gmm.braxus.net's remix of ff6 boss battle remix to replace ff7 normal battle (they are the best bettle music i ever heard...kind of hard rock feelings)

but if i mute the midi out, i wouldn't be able to hear the other midis which i don't want to replace.

is this normal for everyone else?

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2003-04-24 04:59:13 »
It is normal, even if you're using the newest version of ff7music. I'm sorry, but you'll have to choose one or the other. Replace all the files, or none at all. At least for now...

xjis

« Reply #4 on: 2003-04-24 20:37:36 »
yay~ i did it!

i used Fice's lgp tool to replace certain midi files i didn't wanna use!

Fice is a genius!

but the music wouldn't loop! will the older versions make the mp3 loop?