Author Topic: *Team Avalanche: WMRP(WorldMap Retexture Project)*  (Read 193697 times)

Costa07

• View Profile
Re: *Team Avalance: WMRP(WorldMap Retexture Project)*
« Reply #125 on: 2009-09-12 23:12:50 »
WOW pyrozen what you have done is amazing good job.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009-09-12 23:14:26 »
I'm currently working on some of the 3d models for the world map, when they're done they should be backed in with the texture upgrades! (if thats okay with you, its all under the avalanche name)

3D models? I take it that you mean things like the Weapons, the vehicles, the rocket etc.?

Is anyone doing the towns ATM? I think they would be the only things left...

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009-09-13 00:27:15 »
I'm currently working on some of the 3d models for the world map, when they're done they should be backed in with the texture upgrades! (if thats okay with you, its all under the avalanche name)

3D models? I take it that you mean things like the Weapons, the vehicles, the rocket etc.?

Is anyone doing the towns ATM? I think they would be the only things left...

Yeah Team Avalanche initial goal of just 2d has kind of fallen by the wayside and kind of became replace whatever we can. Timu's battle models are going to be encompased in the final project as well as some other interesting things.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009-09-13 00:29:57 »
SO now team avalanche everything overhaul lol  :-P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009-09-13 00:33:12 »
SO now team avalanche everything overhaul lol  :-P

Everything graphical, it would seem :-P

And it's a good thing as well. We now have lots of different people modding different parts of the game that haven't had the attention they need so far.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009-09-13 00:35:28 »
Well if you guys all continue to mod the game as well as you have so far, we're in for a treat!

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009-09-13 00:36:32 »
Yeah like my battle scene Reconstruction even though i have my lighting problem. But anyway still awesome work on the map and spell team avalanche

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009-09-13 05:10:42 »
Actually, i'm currently working on the highwind, but dont retexture the towns, they should be completely remodeled, imo, boxes with pyramids on top... havnt stood the test of time

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009-09-13 06:39:55 »
i completely agree, i won't touch the towns.  As i stated before though, please don't alter the gound beneath them since i can match shadows, etc... to whatever you create to replace the originals.  If your deadset on changing the ground, i can PM you my base grass/dirt textures so we can mantain continuity between them and what I have finshed so far.

lee

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009-09-13 06:49:55 »
Team Avalanche is the NEW FACE of FFVII game history.. It's like a new installer:

1.02 patch
YAMP
PRP FFVII
APZ Cloud/field model MOD
Aali's custom Graphics Driver
FFVII Music
TEAM AVALANCHE 2d/3d Overhaul w/ WMRP..

Aah..what a superb installer..hopefully these will up soon!...

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009-09-13 09:29:50 »
Might get a release soon depend on how pyrozen feel about his work but it still wont be a complete release still too much stuff to redo and it takes time

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #136 on: 2009-09-13 11:30:21 »
i completely agree, i won't touch the towns.  As i stated before though, please don't alter the gound beneath them since i can match shadows, etc... to whatever you create to replace the originals.  If your deadset on changing the ground, i can PM you my base grass/dirt textures so we can mantain continuity between them and what I have finshed so far.

lee

I don't think changing the actual world map model is possible, as we discussed earlier in this thread. this means most of the houses (Squares with pyramids on top) won't be modifiable anyway.

at any rate, i think this project is the best project in a long time. with these textures, we don't even need a new world map model. one criticism, i think. the desert seems to have lost someof its depth; i cant tell the low parts from the high parts anymore. granted - this might actually work out pretty well ingame. overall, i think this is epic. :D

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009-09-13 13:46:36 »
Nop, don't worry, towns and co. are stored in separate P files. Which in some way leads me to belive the world map is some kind of heigth map. I guess It's got to be explained somewhere in this forum.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #138 on: 2009-09-13 13:53:31 »
D: wait, you mean they're all stored in the actual .MAP file, or that world_us.lgp thing? because the world_us.lgp only has things which change in it, like rocket town and stuff.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009-09-13 14:06:11 »
Mmmm... seems you're right. I thought I saw all towns models, butit  seems only some of them are stored as independent P files. Anyway, it seems we have enough inforation to chage the world map geometry. It would remain to be seen it such change wouldn't cause bugs.
The format is descrived in these threads:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6057.0
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5825.0

A program to do that should be written, though...
« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 14:08:30 by Borde »

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #140 on: 2009-09-13 14:13:31 »
WEll, i know a dude who MIGHT be interested. though he might need to ask someone a few questions about generally making modelviewing/editing apps, since he's never done it before. i'll get in touch, unless you were planning to do it, borde ;)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009-09-13 14:27:38 »
I think I could do it (should have a closer look to the format), but if someone wants to do it instead, that's less troubles for me :-P

EDIT: By the way, it's also documented on the wiki (with a clearer format):
http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/WorldMap_Module
« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 14:34:41 by Borde »

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #142 on: 2009-09-13 14:31:42 »
I think I could do it (should have a closer look to the format), but if someone wants to do it instead, that's less troubles for me :-P

TBH, he is in the middle of a lot of things right now, and since kimera, we can all trust you to make an epic program :P i'd certainly do some modding for the map. how do you plan on doing it, then? a viewer with one big extractor/importer? or something that can edit seperate pieces?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009-09-13 14:37:00 »
I don't really know NeoCloudStrife. That's something that should wait anyway. I'm already delaying the new version of Kimera too much.

jasimne

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009-09-14 12:36:21 »
amazing looking forward of releasing this project, and what program do you use to resize the textures?? it is palmer??

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009-09-14 17:08:42 »
palmer is just for 2d field backgrounds, i assume he uses photoshop shop, and i don't believe he resizes any textures. they are all hand made, right pyrozen?

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009-09-14 19:16:46 »
I'm doing a few of the buildings on the world map, not many, got the temple done and one or two other places, I'll show off what I've got at some point soon.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009-09-14 19:18:07 »
yea post screens wip or ingame asap, that n good to post that your gonna work on something even before you start, incase someone else tries.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009-09-14 19:20:27 »
This project has gotten too big. Any chance we can get a project sub-forum halkun?  I cant keep track of everything anymore.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009-09-14 19:33:02 »
palmer is just for 2d field backgrounds, i assume he uses photoshop shop, and i don't believe he resizes any textures. they are all hand made, right pyrozen?
i resize the originals by x8 ajd use them as a template to build my new images.  Everything i've created so far has been 100% created by me, no prefrab texture pulled from the internet.  I use GiMP for most of my work, and PS for some more delicate work.  Sucks that my PS trial is over in a week though :P