Author Topic: Geert Wilders acquitted; democracy lives to fight another day  (Read 6380 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Geert Wilders, the popular Dutch politician, was at risk of becoming a political prisoner for daring to insult someone's imaginary friend. Despite the wishes of those who think that freedom comes second to "not giving offence", Wilders was acquitted of the ridiculous charges against him.

Hopefully, this will set a precedent that will make it harder in future to abuse hate-speech laws (designed to protect people) in order to silence debate about ideologies.

However, we must not forget that it was an abomination that this trial even happened. Perhaps we can say that this is the first step on the road to recovery from the hysteria and race-card-playing that has plagued Europe for the last decade.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Nice to see someone understand this.  On another forum I won't mention but I am willing to bet you can guess which, the entire community seemed to have been brainwashed.  Seems some people seriously equate "criticising islam/religion" with "hating a race or thinking ones race superior to another"

The first thing to be called is Islamophobic, when that doesn't work the tired old race card comes out.  All personal attacks designed to shut people up and that is what poor Geert got except they wanted him silenced by law as well.

The truth is, Islam is incompatible with western values and the more you ignore it, the worse the problem becomes.  People are in for an almighty shock if things carry on how they are.

The Biased Broadcasting Corp. had an awful documentary "Most dangerous man in europe?" aimed at passing him off as  a racist idiot who was causing the trouble, even suggesting that if he came to power he would be the cause of uprisings.  No it won't be the peaceful religons fault, it will be Geert.

Self hating leftists are the enemy because they feed the crocodile hoping it will bite them last.

Criticise the labour party: nothing happens
Criticise the tory party : nothing happens
Criticise any political party: nothing happens
Criticise Islam: RACIST!  ISLAMOPHOBIC!  BIGOT!

"Every religion is as bad"
"Christians have done atrocities too!  Every religion has its bad followers"
"What about the Crusades"
"What about that Christian who attacked the abortion clinic"
"The old testament has tons of dodgy quotes"
"You are taking the quotes out of context"

When asked to explain why today nearly all terrorists are followers of Islam, or why most countries with a very large Islamic presence are socially, culturally or religiously in turmoil, it turns out:

It is just a huge coincidence.  And I kid you not, that's how far that other forum went.  When all arguments broke down to simple stats, their only response was that it was a coincidence.
Same everywhere, people have been bullied and brainwashed and can't think outside of the box.  If TV says it is the religion of peace then it is.  If someone criticises God, they must be racist.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-25 09:50:18 by DLPB »

Mako

• View Profile
I personally am an Islamophobic :) I am incompatible with any society that treats women as less then 2nd class citizen. Less then animals in-fact. Woman can be traded (By there father usually) for land, food, or even money. Then you are forced to walk around with a quilt over your entire body all day =/. Im my opinion they are treated worse then black slaves were in the late 1800's.

I'm sure there where certain situations where people might argue that African American's were treated worse. But in my opinion. Last time I checked most slaves at least had food, water, and could do what they wanted with there free time (barring it didn't interfere with white peoples stuff).

Women in arab culture (for the most part) get raped, abused, bought, and sold, all while stuck at home. They rarely get to leave. If the man wishes at any time he could have you stoned! Hit with rocks until your dead! Just because he found another women and you have become of no use. All 100% legal.

Again any culture that even remotely treats people this way is highly incompatible with me and hopefully my government.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yes that's the thing though a "phobia" is an irrational fear (that's why the apologists of Islam love the word).  The fear of Islam is not irrational, it is completely logical.  I'd suspect that the people of the Ivory Coast would understand that now more than ever.

The truth is, the people who protect this religion are the same poor fools who the religion would attack first.  I see people like Peter Tatchell who is a pro Homosexual (extremist really I'd say) campaigner and a total full on lib left naive fool.  He also defends Islam but he doesn't seem to understand that a Homosexual's worst enemy is ISLAM.  You cannot be a gay rights campaigner AND a supporter of Islam, unless you know nothing about Islam. Yes I know most religions have their issues with homosexuals but Islam is by far the worst and its mainstream teaching will not tolerate them in the slightest.

Same with equality for women.  Same with treatment to animals.  Islam is the biggest threat to peace since Hitler.  It is dangerous and stark raving mad with millions of followers.  Worse still it promises something Hitler never could:  Afterlife.  And Islam, make no mistake about it, is very similar to Nazism, right through to the sheer hatred of Jews.

If you aren't an Islamic heterosexual male, you don't rate in Islam. 

« Last Edit: 2011-06-25 19:34:08 by DLPB »

Mako

• View Profile
If you aren't an Islamic heterosexual male, you don't rate in Islam. 
Thing is, they have no incentive to change :P. Why ruin a good thing? See you have the right idea but for the wrong reason. They don't defend there religion... they defend there way of life. Why treat people as equals when you don't have to. Not only that you got a free sex slave and worker (at the home) think goin' why change that? heck I'd love some free help around the house! (albet I would never treat them that way.)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
No they do defend their religion as well.  Read up on clerics and so forth, they really really do believe this stuff.  You do not die for something which you are not sure is true.

There is a reason why nearly all suicide bombers are islamic.  They DO believe it and they are WILLING TO DIE for it.

Mako

• View Profile
I relize they defend their religion... but not everyone is willing to strap a bomb to themselves and blow up :P I'm talking about a normal arab not a fanatic. Most will use there religion as an excuse to shield there way of life.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Oh I agree they are more than happy to keep to a religion that gives them everything, but they do honestly believe all that crap too... that's the worrying thing.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I wonder whether this is turning into the religion thread? It seems as if the idea of religion causing anything bad is uncomfortable for some people. Some other reason for this ghastly behaviour must be found!

Anyway, it's a false distinction. Religion is a way of life for some people. Especially fundamentalists. Especially Islamic fundamentalists, since Islam is extremely political. To these people, Islam is their life and their life is Islam. There is no difference.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
*NODS*

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-06-27 22:58:34 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 10:43:03 by Jenova's Witness »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I really like the people who say:

guy # 1: *critisizes Islam*
guy# 2: OMG YOURE RACIST I hope they behead you, you nazi you!

It's hilarious.  It's like, you're either a blameless victim Madonna and child, or you're Super Hitler; there is absolutely no middle ground, and no shades of gray.

And Hitler had a lot of good things to say about Islam; I'm not sure why critics of it should be called Nazis.

Indeed, Hitler's schmoozing of Middle Eastern religious leaders is part of the reason why anti-semitism and anti-Israel sentiment is so strong over there.

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-06-27 23:20:23 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 10:39:06 by Jenova's Witness »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I also heard Mein Kampf is a best seller in Turkey... not sure if that is myth but I bet it ain't.