Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839803 times)

Meical

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9725 on: 2020-06-10 01:38:05 »
I've updated everything; I added a new IRO that is a stand-alone for costume/model swaps. If it works, then I'm going to remove it from the NT IROs, makes more sense that way for it to be its own IRO.

Will this make it compatible with the Resizer mod?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: 2020-06-10 03:22:19 »
Will this make it compatible with the Resizer mod?

It's battle models so it's got nothing to do with a resizer. If the resizer overwrites the model loader chunk of the flevel then it's unlikely to ever be compatible unless someone manually goes through the NT flevel and resizes everything in there and adds it as an option to the NT IRO. Not going to commit to that without fully knowing what the time constraint would be, perhaps for 2.0 after it's released.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: 2020-06-11 01:46:50 »
Hey, silly question, but are Cait Sith's weapons considered ranged?

Because I had Cloud try to use 4X cut on a flying foe, but he couldn't reach. I had Cait Sith mime the 4x cut (I put the command in before I saw it wasn't going to work, except...), and he was still able to hit the foe. Or is this a bug with Mime?

Hank with a Q

• View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: 2020-06-11 18:02:53 »
Hello! Loving this mod. Haven't played FFVII for more than a decade, so this is a great way to revisit.

I am having a problem with the Dark Cave quest. I think there is an issue causing it to crash related to the music. My copy of the game is the 1998 PC version using 7th Heaven 2.0 for my mods. It seems like any time I try to transition through an area in Reactor Number 1 the game starts playing the music that plays during the original bombing mission and crashes a couple seconds in. The first crash is when I move Cloud into the screen where the T shaped bridge is (where you fight Airbuster in Reactor #5). I'm not using any music mods (couldn't get them to work) and am playing using the original MIDI sound driver. When I changed the sound driver to VGM stream in 7th Heaven the game lets me progress through the reactor (albeit with no music since I don't have the .oggs). When I save at the bottom of the Reactor and turn MIDI back on, it plays the new music for that part of the reactor, but then when I move into the Guard Scorpion area it plays the original Mako Reactor music a few seconds and then crashes.

I disabled all other mods to test and make sure it was not a compatibility issue. Probably the problem will get fixed if I can get modded music to work (I'll probably buy the Steam Version when it goes on sale and then also benefit from the better music), but I figured you might want to know about this bug.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: 2020-06-13 01:32:13 »
Hey, silly question, but are Cait Sith's weapons considered ranged?

Because I had Cloud try to use 4X cut on a flying foe, but he couldn't reach. I had Cait Sith mime the 4x cut (I put the command in before I saw it wasn't going to work, except...), and he was still able to hit the foe. Or is this a bug with Mime?

Some command materia override targeting flags, of which range is one, so that's likely what it is. Unsure if it's mime or 4x-cut though.

Hello! Loving this mod. Haven't played FFVII for more than a decade, so this is a great way to revisit.

I am having a problem with the Dark Cave quest. I think there is an issue causing it to crash related to the music. My copy of the game is the 1998 PC version using 7th Heaven 2.0 for my mods. It seems like any time I try to transition through an area in Reactor Number 1 the game starts playing the music that plays during the original bombing mission and crashes a couple seconds in. The first crash is when I move Cloud into the screen where the T shaped bridge is (where you fight Airbuster in Reactor #5). I'm not using any music mods (couldn't get them to work) and am playing using the original MIDI sound driver. When I changed the sound driver to VGM stream in 7th Heaven the game lets me progress through the reactor (albeit with no music since I don't have the .oggs). When I save at the bottom of the Reactor and turn MIDI back on, it plays the new music for that part of the reactor, but then when I move into the Guard Scorpion area it plays the original Mako Reactor music a few seconds and then crashes.

I disabled all other mods to test and make sure it was not a compatibility issue. Probably the problem will get fixed if I can get modded music to work (I'll probably buy the Steam Version when it goes on sale and then also benefit from the better music), but I figured you might want to know about this bug.

That's odd because there's no music supposed to play during that section, just the wind SFX. I'll try it out soon with the MIDI option on.

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: 2020-06-13 14:04:28 »
Hey Sega Chief! Just an FYI, the catalog seems to encounter an error while downloading 6.7.20 version of NT 1.5, and the version of the mega.7z file in the first post is the 1.7.13 version.

iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vXc4PpBS is the catalog link I am subscribed to and can initiate the download, but it fails on downloading/install.

Let me know if you want / need more information, or if anyone else is experiencing this.

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: 2020-06-13 18:55:45 »
Hello to all, sorry but can anyone tell me why the Osmose materia does not work in stealing the MP, I use and it says it does for example 27 MP "damage" (?) but that MP is not recovered in my character... why is that?

Forget what I said, just for someone who has the same question, not all enemies has MP, so you have to use "sense" in them and osmose only work with the ones has MP.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-13 19:13:00 by hasterdis »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: 2020-06-13 21:21:52 »
Hey Sega Chief! Just an FYI, the catalog seems to encounter an error while downloading 6.7.20 version of NT 1.5, and the version of the mega.7z file in the first post is the 1.7.13 version.

iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vXc4PpBS is the catalog link I am subscribed to and can initiate the download, but it fails on downloading/install.

Let me know if you want / need more information, or if anyone else is experiencing this.

Seems so, I'll fix it.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: 2020-06-13 21:22:29 »
All draining abilities in FF7 will only take as much as the opponent has. so even if you osmose for 999 if the enemy only has 1 MP you will only gain 1 MP. Same for Red and Cids draining limit breaks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: 2020-06-13 21:46:16 »
That should be the catalog downloads fixed now. Battle Model swaps were separate out onto a separate IRO.

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9735 on: 2020-06-14 06:06:07 »
All draining abilities in FF7 will only take as much as the opponent has. so even if you osmose for 999 if the enemy only has 1 MP you will only gain 1 MP. Same for Red and Cids draining limit breaks.

It's pretty nice for figuring out how much HP any enemy has that Sense doesn't work on, since Venus Gospel won't drain on subsequent attacks on an already dead enemy (use 4x cut and enemy died at x2 but Cid does all 4 hits anyway for example).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: 2020-06-14 16:49:19 »
Update made, but only change was to set a check for initial state when hitting new game. That way if the kernel isn't patched or is overwritten by something, the field script will pick up on it and warn the player.

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: 2020-06-17 05:28:00 »
Can someone explain me how the gravity/demi spell functions? It doesn't cut by 1/4 the current HP of the monsters, it makes random cuts but never consistent. What is its mechanistic now?

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: 2020-06-17 13:32:10 »
how the work coming along so far on the 2.0 nt mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: 2020-06-17 14:30:49 »
Can someone explain me how the gravity/demi spell functions? It doesn't cut by 1/4 the current HP of the monsters, it makes random cuts but never consistent. What is its mechanistic now?

It is 25%, but flying enemies take double damage from it (so 25% becomes 50%). Bosses that are able to take Gravity damage typically have 50% resistance to it as a balancing thing (so 12.5% instead of 25%). I've dropped weakness from the new build and replaced it with 'cannot miss' which is how I think Demi was originally supposed to be balanced up, considering its base 75% accuracy in vanilla.

how the work coming along so far on the 2.0 nt mod

It's going well.

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: 2020-06-17 16:18:40 »

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: 2020-06-17 19:09:04 »
It is 25%, but flying enemies take double damage from it (so 25% becomes 50%). Bosses that are able to take Gravity damage typically have 50% resistance to it as a balancing thing (so 12.5% instead of 25%). I've dropped weakness from the new build and replaced it with 'cannot miss' which is how I think Demi was originally supposed to be balanced up, considering its base 75% accuracy in vanilla.

Thank you, so I have to understand that some enemies will have resistance and others weakness to gravity so it would change the % factor of the "demi/gravity" spell.

Gizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: 2020-06-19 01:35:49 »
Hey Sega Chief! Your mod is AMAZING! I really have a blast playing it :) Just one quick question: Since every weapon got revamped does that include the ultimate weapons for each character got their hidden ability changed too? Like Vincent's Death Penalty getting stronger with every enemy killed ect.? Im currently planning out my character builds and this info would help me out a lot!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: 2020-06-19 01:43:54 »
Hey Sega Chief! Your mod is AMAZING! I really have a blast playing it :) Just one quick question: Since every weapon got revamped does that include the ultimate weapons for each character got their hidden ability changed too? Like Vincent's Death Penalty getting stronger with every enemy killed ect.? Im currently planning out my character builds and this info would help me out a lot!

Yeah, they were changed though some are the same (they're still very powerful, for better or worse):

Ultima Weapon: HP-based (same as original)
Missing Score: AP-based (same as original, but less slots)
Premium Heart: MP-based
Princess Guard: Restores HP on strike (magic-based), applies Shield.
Limited Moon: Limit-gauge based
Conformer: Target Level based (same as original)
HP Shout: Deals damage based on Cait's Max HP - Current HP (same as ???? skill)
Death Penalty: Standard formula, but ignores defence
Venus Gospel: Standard formula, but drains damage as HP

The two last ones may not sound like much as they don't use a special formula, but their effect makes them very powerful. Cid can be difficult to kill with drain, and Vincent can get past the raised defences of late-game enemies.

Gizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: 2020-06-19 10:47:49 »
Thanks :) I already knew the vanilla ones besides Yuffies Conformer, always thought it deals more damage with command materia  ??? This will come in very handy  :lol:

tbcam88

• View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: 2020-06-25 10:06:24 »
[New Threat Mod v1.5]
This mod is amazing dude. Is there anyway you include an .ini configuration allowing random battles to be toggled on/off at all times as opposed to just at save points? Similar in fashion to the Steam version of FFIX for example... I'm able to enable/disable random battles using Ochu in the meantime but it requires alt+tabbing out the game each and every time I'd like to do so.

Keep up the amazing work!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: 2020-06-25 10:18:09 »
This mod is amazing dude. Is there anyway you include an .ini configuration allowing random battles to be toggled on/off at all times as opposed to just at save points? Similar in fashion to the Steam version of FFIX for example... I'm able to enable/disable random battles using Ochu in the meantime but it requires alt+tabbing out the game each and every time I'd like to do so.

Keep up the amazing work!

For 2.0, and this'll be rolled into 1.5 as well, I've found that a modified Enemy Away Materia can effectively act as an encounters on/off switch that works wherever the player has access to their Materia inventory and covers the World Map as well as Field Screens. The current Enemy Away reduces encounters by 87.5% or so, but with the adjustment I think it reduces encounters by 99% instead.

Edit: About editing posts, Qhimm staggers out the actions that a new user can take until they've posted a certain number of times, including the editing of posts, sending PMs, etc.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-25 10:22:18 by Sega Chief »

tbcam88

• View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: 2020-06-25 11:07:55 »
For 2.0, and this'll be rolled into 1.5 as well, I've found that a modified Enemy Away Materia can effectively act as an encounters on/off switch that works wherever the player has access to their Materia inventory and covers the World Map as well as Field Screens. The current Enemy Away reduces encounters by 87.5% or so, but with the adjustment I think it reduces encounters by 99% instead.
Should I take such a workaround to mean it's not possible to allow the toggle functionality anywhere else in game other than save points in that case?

Props again for this my good man, I've played vanilla FFVII to absolute death - look forward to seeing all the new/edited content available in this badboy!  :-D

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: 2020-06-25 15:31:34 »
Should I take such a workaround to mean it's not possible to allow the toggle functionality anywhere else in game other than save points in that case?

It is possible to put it as a button press combination but that requires it to be placed on EVERY field (there are over 700). Adjusting the materia and giving it early is much faster and more stable since some fields will renable the battle flag after a fight, Guard scorpion and Scitzo are the 2 that come to mind. But with the materia you will always have the effect

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: 2020-06-25 16:42:12 »
Not sure where else to ask this but when i try to download the Battle Model/Costume Swaps (OG Style) mod in the catalog from your link i get

18:22:42|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error downloading Downloading Battle Model Swaps OG style
18:22:42|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error occurred downloading/installing Battle Model Swaps OG style - Failed Downloading Battle Model Swaps OG style
18:22:42|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Exception: Failed Downloading Battle Model Swaps OG style
18:22:42|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error receiving from 119716576: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

And its the only one that does it as New Threat's download works perfectly