Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4906924 times)

johnslash8

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10550 on: 2020-12-21 21:04:28 »
I just got back to new threat after I finished 1.5 6 months ago. So I just started but wanted to report I also ran into the problem of the second scorpion boss being blocked behind a gate even after saving jessie and biggs. I literally can't progress. I'm going to try what someone else said and turn off all other mods just to pass this part but it makes me think it is a model issue as I have model mods and it looks like biggs never makes it to the elevator. Anyways just wanted to post that this is still an issue. Thanks for the awesome mod SegaChief, I loved 1.5 and I am super excited to play 2.0 now.

loopsi17

• View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: 2020-12-21 23:41:34 »
Hey Sega Chief,

I wanted to ask if there was any work done on this that you wrote a few years ago
NT 1.5 will have a completed re-write, but I'll need a break before looking at making a special version with Beacause script in it assuming Dan gives the go-ahead. The eventing between both mods is different so the only safe way to do it would be manually which will take time.

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: 2020-12-22 05:19:40 »
grab the
Spoiler: show
 triple growth weapons from the glienka
, fights there are worth a decent amount of ap.

if didn't get w-item materia morph the grass near wuati for some syl greens... dupe some 8inch cannons for above.

there is also a completely safe method for farming ap, but dont get much from most beaches, could speed up game to 9x or so if using the newer 7th heaven mod manager. beachplugs can death them. added effect + odin/destruct.  if equip refelect rings ur unlikely to take any dmg alongside some speed boost for a char which can hit all :> (loads of barrets weapons can hit all)

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: 2020-12-22 22:32:55 »
Is there a way to earn a second Mythril key item?
I've been to the Weaponsmith's place to pick between the Silver M-Phone and the Javelin (chose Silver M-Phone) but i'm not certain there's a way to get the Javelin since the method to get multiple Mythril items seems to have been removed.

Don't think there is, Javelin is available in a shop on Disc 2 Junon I think.

I just got back to new threat after I finished 1.5 6 months ago. So I just started but wanted to report I also ran into the problem of the second scorpion boss being blocked behind a gate even after saving jessie and biggs. I literally can't progress. I'm going to try what someone else said and turn off all other mods just to pass this part but it makes me think it is a model issue as I have model mods and it looks like biggs never makes it to the elevator. Anyways just wanted to post that this is still an issue. Thanks for the awesome mod SegaChief, I loved 1.5 and I am super excited to play 2.0 now.

Do you have the Jessie in Reactor 1 mod on by any chance? It's either that or perhaps there's a way to break the script by arriving without Jessie initially or something.

Hey Sega Chief,

I wanted to ask if there was any work done on this that you wrote a few years ago

When he finalises his translation I'll look into making a port as I'll probably need to transfer the text into NT files manually and make adjustments where needed for the event scripting alterations.

YuffieGong

• View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: 2020-12-23 00:19:37 »
Started playing this mod on hard mode a week ago and just left Midgar.

So far I'm enjoying the difficulty.

For some reason when I left Midgar, the battles started giving me gil and when I checked Hard Mode had been switched off somehow.

DMoogle

• View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: 2020-12-23 16:34:23 »
Hey, I'm new to the FF7 mod scene. I've played the vanilla version on PSX at least a dozen times, but I've heard excellent things about New Threat so I thought I'd give it a try. I played FF6's Brave New World and absolutely loved it, so I'm looking forward to this.

I just bought the Steam version and installed it. However, if possible, I'd like to combine this with other mods that "upgrade" video/audio (higher FPS, HD textures, etc.). Do other mods work well with this? If so, is there a suggested list of mods that I should install in conjunction with this?

Props to the creators of these. Your passion helps keep older games alive!

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: 2020-12-23 19:31:25 »
Started playing this mod on hard mode a week ago and just left Midgar.

So far I'm enjoying the difficulty.

For some reason when I left Midgar, the battles started giving me gil and when I checked Hard Mode had been switched off somehow.

thats a known issue. can fix it at kalm theres a save point. hit square will be small fight zero button presses to re-enable it. It was switched off Just Before the
 Mororwing
fight  likely to do with the motorcycle section directly beforehand ;)

loopsi17

• View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: 2020-12-25 09:44:37 »
When he finalises his translation I'll look into making a port as I'll probably need to transfer the text into NT files manually and make adjustments where needed for the event scripting alterations.
Quote from: DLPB_
Completed.
Flevel Debug (Not being edited): 0/13
Flevel (by maps): 693/693
ff7.exe: Completed
Kernel.bin: Completed
kernel2.bin: Completed
scene.bin: Completed
world_us: Completed

Quote from Beacause page: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209227#msg209227

Is there something else that needs to be done?

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: 2020-12-26 15:54:39 »
Hey Sega Chief,

Do you have an estimation on the number of things you still want to do with New Threat before winding down development? I thought 2.0 was supposed to be it. Should we expect new content for New Threat in 2021?

Separate question: do you have a ballpark idea of when you'll start working on FF8 New Threat?

Thank you!

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: 2020-12-27 22:22:51 »
Happy holidays everyone here and Sega Chief !

Sega Chief is it possible to post the 1.5 documentation somewhere if you still have this ? I think the mod is still worth playing and personally i'm waiting for you new hard mode for 2.1 :).

Edit: do you still think reunion is a good way to play your mod ?
« Last Edit: 2020-12-27 22:58:41 by Ethario »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10560 on: 2020-12-29 05:48:15 »
Sega Chief is it possible to post the 1.5 documentation somewhere if you still have this ? I think the mod is still worth playing and personally i'm waiting for you new hard mode for 2.1 :).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8gsq2hylgfjxkpd/Documentation.zip/file

try that :) might be 1.4's thou i can't remember.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: 2020-12-29 18:18:27 »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8gsq2hylgfjxkpd/Documentation.zip/file

try that :) might be 1.4's thou i can't remember.

Thanks alot that certainly helps :D !

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #10562 on: 2020-12-29 18:43:54 »
2.0 nearly completed....i have many questions lol. also concerns.

firstly.....ive gone to every location for the 1/35 soldiers and wasnt able to get all 12 despite going out of my way to make sure. so im not able to obtain the omni plus materia.

secondly i noticed a number of enemies in the documentation do not appear in game at all seemingly. unsure how to make them appear.

certain items never showed either such as rising sun for yuffie.

oh. so like.....where's jenova synthesis? is that type a only?

one other question...does hard mode only give enemies more hp and maybe more dmg? cuz toggling it on didnt seem to change much in terms of the battles.

All in All though.....great work as always, though i do miss a number of elements from 1.5 lol

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: 2020-12-29 19:52:57 »
firstly.....ive gone to every location for the 1/35 soldiers and wasnt able to get all 12 despite going out of my way to make sure. so im not able to obtain the omni plus materia.

u'll need to use blackchocobo or simular to edit ur save file. the one in shinra raid hq staircase gives an alternative item.

secondly i noticed a number of enemies in the documentation do not appear in game at all seemingly. unsure how to make them appear.
type a/b differences alongside hard/normal mode difference.

does hard mode only give enemies more hp and maybe more dmg? cuz toggling it on didnt seem to change much in terms of the battles.
higher level more hp 1/4 exp no battle gil. There is a few enemies where bug exists which gives gil. theres also after midgar area when escape hard mode will toggle off. (motorcycle section)
so u'd require to use a savepoint to toggle it back on.

What enemies were u looking for an example perhaps cacturs at desert prison is one i can think of which spawns more rarely at the same area as the landworms spawn at.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #10564 on: 2020-12-29 21:57:37 »
u'll need to use blackchocobo or simular to edit ur save file. the one in shinra raid hq staircase gives an alternative item.

oddly enough i did try to edit my file to get 12 figures but the guy in myhtril cave is complaining about fake figures and blows me off lol.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #10565 on: 2020-12-29 22:02:23 »
higher level more hp 1/4 exp no battle gil. There is a few enemies where bug exists which gives gil. theres also after midgar area when escape hard mode will toggle off. (motorcycle section)
so u'd require to use a savepoint to toggle it back on.

What enemies were u looking for an example perhaps cacturs at desert prison is one i can think of which spawns more rarely at the same area as the landworms spawn at.

well the time i decided to kick it on was against dyne, and it didnt feel any harder. perhaps i was overequipped? poor bastard got buried by barret the everlasting wall. lol.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10566 on: 2020-12-30 02:57:22 »
oddly enough i did try to edit my file to get 12 figures but the guy in myhtril cave is complaining about fake figures and blows me off lol.

most likely as u really did miss one then is my guess. Had same issue in one play through, had to redo due to the cannon steps being missed out in a prior version til that bug was fixxed :>
think theres a flag upon each pickup as a check vs that or something but that is purely a guess

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: 2020-12-30 02:59:25 »
well the time i decided to kick it on was against dyne, and it didnt feel any harder. perhaps i was overequipped? poor bastard got buried by barret the everlasting wall. lol.

theres a reward for hard mode, and if complete that asks u to try again with no sp) which gives a reward. 

the no exp toggle if play start to finish does not give any other ending, at least with hard mode + no sp usuage, defaults to the no sp + hard mode secret ending  :>

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #10568 on: 2020-12-30 03:44:56 »
Hello, can someone please tell me in the 1.5 version, what are the enemy skill list? Thanks.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #10569 on: 2020-12-30 04:14:25 »
Would the Level 1 Challenge mod be compatible with NT Vanilla Combat? I just want the extra  field events and the like.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10570 on: 2020-12-30 07:19:32 »
Hello, can someone please tell me in the 1.5 version, what are the enemy skill list? Thanks.
laser
matramagic
quarryfuse/l5suicide
chocobuckle
antipode
big gaurd
frog song
vital hammer
white wind
goblinpunch
?marks
deathcharge
deathsentence
deathforce
beta
aqualung
trine
magicbreath
bad breath
musturd bomb
anglewhisperer

think thats it :)
« Last Edit: 2020-12-30 07:26:11 by wdx »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10571 on: 2020-12-30 07:33:35 »
Would the Level 1 Challenge mod be compatible with NT Vanilla Combat? I just want the extra  field events and the like.

its possible to complete 1.5 at lvl1.  not tried at  v2 (yet for lvl1) have done a lvl7 playthrough though using type b hard mode no exp toggled thou :D

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: 2020-12-30 15:46:40 »
its possible to complete 1.5 at lvl1.  not tried at  v2 (yet for lvl1) have done a lvl7 playthrough though using type b hard mode no exp toggled thou :D

I've never done a low level challenge of any kind in any game because the point of an RPG is to make the numbers go up. The number going up is a big reason why RPGs rule.

I just wanted to try something different. I can't even understand how later game enemies don't just kill the entire party in one move since you will have 200 HP and bosses by that point will be dealing thousands of damage with normal attacks I imagine.

I'm fully aware it's doable but doable dos not mean possible for everyone. A Level 1 run of vanilla FFVII would probably be pretty hard for me, let alone NT.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: 2020-12-30 18:26:25 »
I've never done a low level challenge of any kind in any game because the point of an RPG is to make the numbers go up. The number going up is a big reason why RPGs rule.

I just wanted to try something different. I can't even understand how later game enemies don't just kill the entire party in one move since you will have 200 HP and bosses by that point will be dealing thousands of damage with normal attacks I imagine.

I'm fully aware it's doable but doable dos not mean possible for everyone. A Level 1 run of vanilla FFVII would probably be pretty hard for me, let alone NT.

if trying a low level run, try items :) they're the saving grace. abusing the dmg multiplyers and things like that helps. Cait Siths extremly large HP Pool made him mvp :D
there is a few materias which give really good HP Boosts 25% stacking them is great with other items such as lunar/light curtains helping to negate dmg alongside tranq'd back row each and every little thing would help. I wrote a guide on low level run, which can be found within this thread :D

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #10574 on: 2020-12-30 21:40:01 »
Can I ask something else... someone may tell me where is the MP absorb materia??? I am in 1.5 version and I can't find it.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-30 22:33:22 by hasterdis »