Miscellaneous Forums > Scripting and Reverse Engineering

[FF8 Remastered] need help with ff8 exe editing

<< < (2/3) > >>

miruss89:

--- Quote from: Callisto on 2022-01-20 23:07:02 ---@darknesshah66: Cover works as usual for me in Remastered, with or without the alteration. Did you maybe overlook the fact that it triggers only for low health characters that also need to be adjacent to the one that has it equipped?

@miruss89: Yes, I had a look at it. To set the Crisis Level to 4 permanently, change 0x2ECAB7 from 75 to EB and 0x2ECB36 from 0 to 4.

--- End quote ---

thank you good sir

miruss89:

--- Quote from: Callisto on 2022-01-20 23:07:02 ---@darknesshah66: Cover works as usual for me in Remastered, with or without the alteration. Did you maybe overlook the fact that it triggers only for low health characters that also need to be adjacent to the one that has it equipped?

@miruss89: Yes, I had a look at it. To set the Crisis Level to 4 permanently, change 0x2ECAB7 from 75 to EB and 0x2ECB36 from 0 to 4.

--- End quote ---

i've tried it with FF8R v1.0.2 but not working.

Callisto:
Sorry, the second offset was slightly off. Try 0x2ECB33 from 0 to 4 instead.

miruss89:

--- Quote from: Callisto on 2022-01-21 10:41:39 ---Sorry, the second offset was slightly off. Try 0x2ECB33 from 0 to 4 instead.

--- End quote ---
Thank you so much. its works.

Do you know which offset in the file controls Squall's Renzokuken Finisher? i've tried edit each weapon in the kernel.bin with Doomtrain to just enable certain finisher but the game keep crashing. Maybe parameter which are controlling the Renzokuken Finisher are stored in EFIGS.dll or the .exe?

i've got no experience in either programming or reverse engineering. i've tried downloading Ghidra. But don't know how to use it. LOL :'(

darknesshah66:

Oh didn't know it only triggers for low health chars. Gotta try it out again at some point. I get it that it's good to have the char with Cover in the middle so they can help both ally.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version