Miscellaneous Forums > Troubleshooting

Curious

<< < (4/4)

Qhimm:
Just because I released the source doesn't mean I don't want anything to do with it, I still work on them from time to time. It's just that I need to be motivated, like someone making a big discovery about data files or something, then I might work a week reverse-engineering, developing and implementing.

The Skillster:
Ah! writers block strikes  :wink:

Srethron Askvelhtnod:
StrayWings: None have yet.Caddberry: I operate on my own principle which I just made up on the spot. I'll call it the "erraticaly sporadic" principal.
Step 1: Basically, I find something to do that sounds neat.
Step 2: Then, I go all out and plan out in detail what I'm going to do covering every possible fun aspect I can think of.
Step 3: I actually start the work.
Step 4: After a bit, I'm making good headway, but then I find something else.
Step 5: Temporarily halt work on project while I check out the new thing I've discovered.
Step 6: Repeat steps 1-4 with new project.
Step 7: Begin randomly moving between work on projects 1 and 2.
Step 8: Find a new project and repeat Step 5.
Step 9: Repeat step 6.
Step 10: Repeat step 7 with all three projects.
Etc., etc.
Hey, whatever works, right?   :) Eventually I get everything done, believe it or not. It's just the in-between time when no progress is apparent because of all the different projects I have going (still 10+).Qhimm: Hmmm, I'll try to send some more big discoveries your way...The Skillster: Now *that's* something I'm familiar with.[This message has been edited by Srethron Askvelhtnod (edited January 31, 2001).]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version