Author Topic: Help with spell and limit break editing  (Read 3141 times)

warbaque

• View Profile
Help with spell and limit break editing
« on: 2007-12-16 08:50:39 »
Hi,

I have used search function multiple hours in one sitting and since I couldn't find all the the information I was looking for I came into conclusion that I should just start a new topic about that matter.

For starters I'd like to change ultima do piercing damage and Vincent's Chaos Saber and Satan Slam as well.

Changing ultima should be easy
Code: [Select]
64 ff 02 ff 82 00 ff ff 1d 00 1d 00 07 34 22 69 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 00 fd ffto
Code: [Select]
64 ff 02 ff 82 00 ff ff 1d 00 1d 00 07 34 22 69 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 00 fd fbshould do it.

But changing those two limit attacks is harder since I can't even find them.
« Last Edit: 2007-12-16 09:06:47 by warbaque »

Synergy Blades

Re: Help with spell and limit break editing
« Reply #1 on: 2007-12-16 09:00:38 »
Is this a secret alien transmission, perhaps?  :lol:

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-12-16 09:08:27 »
Is this a secret alien transmission, perhaps?  :lol:

Indeed :)

Sorry, I pressed accidently 'post' instead of 'preview'.

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-12-19 20:25:38 »
After lots of trial and error, especially error and lots of it, and reading a few more posts and topics I didn't notice before, I have pretty much found all the aspects I have ever wanted to change about attacks, except if the spell or summon is quadra-magicable or not.

I am quite sure that spell/summon being quadra-magicable or not is not covered neither in attack data nor materia data. After swapping Bahamut Zero's and KoTR's datas Bahamut Zero was still quadra-magicable and KoTR was not. Also materia data for these two summons is quite identical except for level-up AP limits. But then where is that data located?

OT: If after editing some values kernel.bin becomes a few bytes bigger than in the beginning do I get any side effects? I am editing psx version of the game and I import edited kernel.bins back to image file with CDmage. If I manage to get kernel.bin 22382 bytes large (compared to 22381 bytes as it is without any modifications) CDmage welcomes me with the following message: "Import file is longer than the file in the image. Import file will be truncated. Continue?" Can I still use this method when I am having differing file sizes or do I get smited by the angels of coding? Alternatively do I have to use some different, possibly very lengthy, method?

Thank you in advance.