Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 425790 times)

YUffie

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #475 on: 2005-09-06 19:09:42 »
yeah i found out what my previous problem was i was writing lpg instead of lgp now everytime i try to start it just goes black and nowt comes up any advice?

matte

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2005-09-07 20:30:31 »
Okay, well.. I haven't got this to work yet really. Although it seems cool! :)
If this' any helpI can post the last lines of code in my log (I'm using cetra's debug patch). Here's what it says when I select Load:

OFFSET ERROR: CVAC.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE CVAC.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: CVAC.RSD
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE CVAC.RSD
OFFSET ERROR: AVFE.HRC
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE AVFE.HRC

And when I select New game:

OFFSET ERROR: BVJF.a
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE BVJF.a

Please help :weep:

Edit: I did check in my char.lgp that the files were there, and they were there...

However I did find out that the Reunion char.lgp had 200 more files than the original.. Is that normal?

You wrote that the char.lgp should include 12709 files when it's been patched, right? Well.. Mine had about 12800 files...  :-?

Squall_0690

« Reply #477 on: 2005-09-08 18:52:37 »
Hello, id like to say thanks for the reunion patch! it worked amazingly!!!! This is the first addon for ff7 of this magnatude that actually went on without any problems what so ever! so thanks. ...BUT!!!!!!

lol i do have a problem and i wana know if u or anyone else can fix this hopefully im not the only one who has this prob, hopefully it can be fixed. anyways i noticed from the screen shots that the models look clean and clear but mine are very pixolated, still looks very good but its not as good as i see in these screen shots, anyways can any one help me??

my laptop specs are:

Pentium 4 HT 3.8gh
                       512 mb DDR RAM
                       256mb 9800 ATI Raidion

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2005-09-08 19:03:04 »
Get the high-res patch?

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
Curious
« Reply #479 on: 2005-09-09 20:40:46 »
I wanted to use the Hi-Res Cloud battle model, but whenever I entered a battle the game would exit.

Is there something different I need to do when installing the hi-res patch, while I have your mod installed?

Or is it like a trade off of sorts, you get hi-res Cloud out of battle, but low-res in? :P

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2005-09-14 01:01:31 »
I get this error when i try to extract the new char.lgp...

it says "LGP TOC has invalid offset!"

i found out that i extracted it wrong... it was only 12k but i tried it again and it didn't work...

nvm i got it. looks great!

jdimaulo

« Reply #481 on: 2005-09-14 14:11:55 »
please help i need a battle model sephiroth in the field to go with the reunion patch and the sephiroth patch is it possible to do this?

Asquian

« Reply #482 on: 2005-09-14 22:24:13 »
man, Borde and Reunion, you guys rock. added the 3 additional skins, of course i end up wanting more(until all are high rez), but nonetheless, even what is available is such a MASSIVE improvement.

w/ FF7 AC on it's way to shelves, it's becoming a good year for FF7 fans, eh?

Tain

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2005-09-17 18:31:42 »
This is my question:

How do I add the new char files to the old char lgp?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #484 on: 2005-09-17 19:49:33 »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2005-09-19 22:40:31 »
Well, i think it's time to post some W.I.P. in order to prove that I' still alive :-P. Those guys are from the train:

If you don't know who they are, here is a picture of their original models:

There are still 2 more characters in the train. I'll release a new little pack when they are done.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2005-09-19 23:19:57 »
Borde: The guy in the red suit also appears in other places (Costa del sol and junon barracks), so you may want to double-check that he fits well in those places before releasing him =)

CkRtech

• View Profile
    • http://foxyford83.proboards20.com/
« Reply #487 on: 2005-09-20 02:31:21 »
I can't read "costa del sol" without hearing the music in my head.

Looking good, Borde!

Arsop

• View Profile
    • http://www.verkkomaailma.com/~jerep/
« Reply #488 on: 2005-09-20 06:04:58 »
Oh man, this is nice  :o

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2005-09-20 07:59:37 »
Good job cant wait but i have too. I did have a part done on the pres model. The Reunion Patch and the NPC's you did all in there own files backup and SD. When i get home i will see if the pres model works.

DjidaneElric

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2005-09-20 12:02:07 »
It's boring... I can't see the scene on the shinra tower, when rufus arrive... The game crashes and reboot my computer... And it's very frequently... I have a french version... I want to play with the high graphs it's so awesome!! :(

i'm on XP, do you think it's because of that?

Method

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2005-09-20 19:10:27 »
Is It possible to make a FF7 AC Cloud instead the one from the reunion patch?? Could someone try to do that, please? Oh and can I use the Reunion pack with Borde's at the same time? or is it the same package? or New version?

djzerious

• View Profile
    • http://www.gzanime.net
« Reply #492 on: 2005-09-20 20:39:21 »
Quote from: Method
Is It possible to make a FF7 AC Cloud instead the one from the reunion patch??...
Simple answer: No.

Technical answer: No, because you would have to have an in-game model of AC Cloud... which, obviously, we do not have, because it did not exist until recently. I mean, yes, you could *try* importing a different model.. but, I doubt that the engine would be able to successfully run it.

-------

BTW, awesome job on all of this! Kudos goes to anyone that has helped out.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2005-09-20 20:48:10 »
Actually, we could have a cloud-in-ac costume..

We could probably edit the color on yuffie's arm-guard, and plop that on Cloud, as well as make Cloud's uniform darker.  Of course, that would end up looking lame becasue yuffies arms are significantly shorter than Cloud's.

So, you could try it, but, it won't look good until we have a reliable way to edit the size and shape of the 3d models.

DjidaneElric

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2005-09-20 21:01:41 »
And for me...? No Idea...?  :(

Melanthius

« Reply #495 on: 2005-09-20 21:41:48 »
If I may post an idea,

It is somewhat confusing to try to sift through all 17 pages of this thread to find the patch.  (I eventually found it, but still...)

To Reunion, I suggest you put the link to the latest version of the patch in your signature, so it is easy to find.  

Maybe also a link to the tutorial.  

It would definitely help out people (like me) who randomly found this site on google and are now trying to make heads and tails out of all this hi-res stuff that has been going on over the course of the last few months.

And if I may ask a question,

why isn't this battle model conversion patch integrated into the other hi-res patch that the_saint posted?

Tain

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2005-09-20 23:19:42 »
I noticed that the NPC reconstruction project (stage 0.2) has files that are named similarly between the folders and characters, as well has having counterparts after the Reunion patch. Do I replace these, and which ones do i replace with?

Melanthius

« Reply #497 on: 2005-09-21 06:07:49 »
Bug report,

game crashes when Cloud goes into battle at Don Corneo's mansion.

Changing the lgp files back to their originals fixed the problem.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2005-09-21 09:01:53 »
I'd like to clarify that the NPC recosntruction project is meant to be used with Reunion's patch. So yes, both SHOULD be compatible. If anyone finds some kind of incompatibility please report it.
To install my patch, simply copy the files in every floder of it to the CHAR directory that you created to use the Reunion's patch (If you erased it simply extract char.lgp again) and then compile the files again to char.lgp.
By the way EmperorSteel, there is already at least one tool to change the size and (in a limited way) the shape of the models: Kimera (my little program :-P). You can find it in the programmig section.
Hey, sorry ice_cold513, I don't understand very well what you said. Are you working in a model?

Scnix

« Reply #499 on: 2005-09-21 09:28:49 »
Hey guys, really great job on the high res models  :)
but just 1 problem i just occured.
I just did everything you guys mentioned in the previous pages.
But each time i try loading my game it kept saying "Fail to load ACFE.aki"
Any ideas how to solve this ?  :roll: