Author Topic: Scene.Bin editing  (Read 31262 times)

Katana

• View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #50 on: 2005-07-27 19:27:00 »
Yea, they are from Scene1 -> Scene256
Btw, are the section files important ? do you need to include them when repacking your scene.bin ?

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #51 on: 2005-07-28 07:17:05 »
Maybe you accidently deleted some file from directory with scene files ? Please check that you have 256 files in that directory. Also, please write what tool you're using to extract and repack archive.

No, section files aren't important, you should delete them.

Scene Edit couldn't mess this up, because it's editing only one file at time, and you talking about monsters that are in diffrent files: Zenene is in file no. 114, Sample:H0512 - 115, Heli Gunner - 116.

diamondblade

Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #52 on: 2005-08-22 13:21:13 »
I just stumbled across this thread and am really curious to test out your program m4v3r. I am also interested in editing games and programming such programs, but I just finished school and am still learning now i have time to do so. Well i'd really like to use your program but i'm afraid the file server is down atm, at least I couldnt download sceneedit so far =/ Would you mind fixing that problem? :)

@Elentor: I was also always worried about gameplay and balance in games, because I really hate it when i like a game and there are gameplay issues which could have been avoided or fixed. I think thats really annoying. I always wanted to edit the Seiken Densetsu 3 snes rom for example because i wanted to make it "better" (at least in my opinion that is ;) ) So I really support your intention to improve FF7 in some ways and will try your scene.bin as soon as i got enough time to do so. I don't only care about difficulty but also about balance. For example i do think that you should need to level in rpgs but not for hours, and you should feel the difference between leveling and just running through. Well good luck editing :) And sorry for posting this part into this thread but i hope you will read it anyway.

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #53 on: 2005-09-18 08:57:44 »
Elentor made a mirror of it, search the "Compilation of Programs" thread.

darkvadd7

• View Profile
    • ChristopherNolan.fr
Re: Scene.Bin editing
« Reply #54 on: 2009-04-08 15:35:10 »
That's a great tool, but we can't edit dialogs in battles like in the file scene82, and also, I'm french and the letters like é or è aren't displayed correctly.

Rivel

« Reply #55 on: 2009-05-26 16:50:15 »
Links don't work. Can anybody give me another?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009-05-26 18:37:10 »
Wow, this topic is ancient. Please don't revive dead threads.

Anyway, scene reader is here:

http://spinningcone.com/ff/stormmedia/projects/SceneReader.zip

Dunno where to find scene edit. I have it, so there must be a link somewhere that has been alive in the past six months or so...

It doesn't matter much, since Hojo can do just about everything scene edit does. Scene Reader still very useful for uncompressing the scene.bin file so that individual scenes can be hex edited.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-26 18:41:02 by Kudistos Megistos »

Rivel

« Reply #57 on: 2009-05-27 06:44:54 »
Kudistos Megistos, oh, thx, Hojo must be much better  :-)
« Last Edit: 2009-05-27 06:47:53 by Rivel »